Have i found the holy grail

Good trade, you have your ruleset and you stuck to them.
Thats the point of a ruleset as you obviously know, there will be days when they may not perform as you'd hoped, its the longterm average that counts.
Nice job.

Once again apologies for some of my earlier posts in this thread, all meant in good humour :)
You stuck to your word and posted the calls :cool:

Could have had another 50pipper round about 8 this morning but was busy doing other things and missed it, but those things are sent to test us.
No offence taken Liq. regarding your posts i would like to think that i am quite laid back, in this game it is the best way to be(y)

Do you use a stoploss and target?

refer to 1st post
at times i will chop and change but will post in advance if i do
not happy with market earlier reason for tp
a little profit is better than none at all

Last edited:
refer to 1st post
at times i will chop and change but will post in advance if i do
not happy with market earlier reason for tp
a little profit is better than none at all

1st post doesn't say anything except about some trades that you took the day before. In that post you used a 50 point trailing stop. Is that what you use with all Brent trades?

1st post doesn't say anything except about some trades that you took the day before. In that post you used a 50 point trailing stop. Is that what you use with all Brent trades?

Yes at the present time

A very bold statement to say but give me a chance to prove it.
I have come up with a little system that is giving me spectacular results.

Although i have been posting on here for the past couple of days i am suspending anymore posts about my system probably for about a month.
Although i have been trading brent for only the past couple of weeks i feel more research is required and to do this i have to keep a clear mind and not be sidetracked by posting entry levels
In the past 2 days i have noticed something peculiar to my system and would like to research it further.
I believe the results that i come up with will be phenomenal.

Good luck to you as you go riding off into the sunset looking for the Holy Grail :)

In the past 2 days i have noticed something peculiar to my system and would like to research it further.

Step 5 I'd say.

38 Steps To Becoming A Trader

1. We accumulate information - buying books, going to seminars and researching.
2. We begin to trade with our 'new' knowledge.
3. We consistently 'donate' and then realize we may need more knowledge or information.
4. We accumulate more information.
5. We switch the commodities we are currently following.
6. We go back into the market and trade with our 'updated' knowledge.
7. We get 'beat up' again and begin to lose some of our confidence.

Fear starts setting in.

8. We start to listen to 'outside news' and to other traders.
9. We go back into the market and continue to 'donate'.
10. We switch commodities again.
11. We search for more information.
12. We go back into the market and start to see a little progress.
13. We get 'over-confident' and the market humbles us.
14. We start to understand that trading successfully is going to take more time and more knowledge than we anticipated.

Most people will give up at this point, as they realize work is involved.

15. We get serious and start concentrating on learning a 'real' methodology.
16. We trade our methodology with some success, but realize that something is missing.
17. We begin to understand the need for having rules to apply our methodology.
18. We take a sabbatical from trading to develop and research our trading rules.
19. We start trading again, this time with rules and find some success, but over all we still hesitate when it comes time to execute.
20. We add, subtract and modify rules as we see a need to be more proficient with our rules.
21. We feel we are very close to crossing that threshold of successful trading.
22. We start to take responsibility for our trading results as we understand that our success is in us, not the methodology.
23. We continue to trade and become more proficient with our methodology and our rules.
24. As we trade we still have a tendency to violate our rules and our results are still erratic.
25. We know we are close.
26. We go back and research our rules.
27. We build the confidence in our rules and go back into the market and trade.
28. Our trading results are getting better, but we are still hesitating in executing our rules.
29. We now see the importance of following our rules as we see the results of our trades when we don't follow the rules.
30. We begin to see that our lack of success is within us (a lack of discipline in following the rules because of some kind of fear), and we begin to work on knowing ourselves better.
31. We continue to trade and the market teaches us more and more about ourselves.
32. We master our methodology and our trading rules.
33. We begin to consistently make money.
34. We get a little over-confident and the market humbles us.
35. We continue to learn our lessons.
36. We stop thinking and allow our rules to trade for us (trading becomes boring, but successful) and our trading account continues to grow as we increase our contract size.
37. We are making more money than we ever dreamed possible.
38. We go on with our lives and accomplish many of the goals we had always dreamed of.

Although i have been posting on here for the past couple of days i am suspending anymore posts about my system probably for about a month.
Although i have been trading brent for only the past couple of weeks i feel more research is required and to do this i have to keep a clear mind and not be sidetracked by posting entry levels

Make it 3 months minimum (better still - 300 trades sample size as a minimum), and know the results are good. Chances are if you get phenomenal results in the short term, you may end up with a phenomenal blowup as well...
If you do post your trades again you'll probably get a better reception posting in here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/
Then use a link in your signature ;)

Last edited:
Congrats to you Sunset1 for not being deflected or fazed by all the garbage and crap being thrown in your direction on this thread.

A very bold statement to say but give me a chance to prove it.
I have come up with a little system that is giving me spectacular results.

Predictable - his spectacular system has just made a spectacular loss no doubt. Or he decided to test it properly and it went bust....

Predictable - his spectacular system has just made a spectacular loss no doubt. Or he decided to test it properly and it went bust....

So when he uses the word ' phenomenal ', you are of the opinion that he is referring to phenomenal losses ???

at times i will chop and change

Hmm a holy grail system that you chop and change? If it aint broke don't fix it!

If it is the holy grail, why do you need stop losses? Otherwise, its just probabilities like everyone elses system!

Catchy thread titles from people with few posts tend to get people wound up before they've even read the first post!

Good luck with trading and handling others on T2W ! Both require emotional discipline.