GREY1 P/L daily

evostik said:
Hi Grey1.

First of all may I echo Paul's sentiments. I also wanted to thank you for sending me the Exhaustion Code. I spent today setting this up. Using my IB paper account I made 4 trades with just one loser. The only problem is that I now have a stonking headache from constantly watching over 100 cells in radarscreen. Assuming I put the effort in to learn, is there a way of writing a 'script' that will monitor the MACCI's across the three data compression rates and automatically give a 'signal' or 'alert' when all three are +/- 100?

Thanks Again,

Steve
It's already there in the code.

Hi LevII - any chance you could expand on that for me please? And are you really in Jost Van Dyke!?!?

Cheers

Steve

evostik said:
Hi LevII - any chance you could expand on that for me please? And are you really in Jost Van Dyke!?!?

Cheers

Steve
Lying in one of the hammocks outside the soggy dollar bar writing this from a wireless laptop - Aaaaahhhh if only!

This is the code writing the alert as plot1

plot1(" ","Alert",black,white);

if value1 > 100 and value2 > 100 and value3 > 100 then
begin
plot1("EXIT LONG ","Alert",black,red);
{ Alert(GetSymbolName + " CCI Avg Sell");}
end;

if value1 < -100 and value2 < -100 and value3 < -100 then
begin
plot1("EXIT SHORT ","Alert",black,Cyan);
{ Alert(GetSymbolName + " CCI Avg Buy");}

HTH

Just off down to Foxy's for a painkiller

Last edited:
Can someone please recap how the Exhaustion Engine works.. in particular to Entry and Exit..?

Is EE just applicable to Strategy 3? And How can I build in three timeframes in a RadarScreen?

thanks,

Today was one of those days that I never forget as i made so so many errors which cost me a lot.

I was long AMZN I typed AM instead of AMZN to close my position on the book trader and thought I was in cash to go and have a break . When i come back not only i lost my wins but i went down $625 Nice one Iraj ..

My screen froze and i was sitting like a fool wondering why market was so quite . By the time I rebooted i lost some of my winning that i made earlier in APPL. Nice one Iraj

I went long YHOO as I had an awesome signal from the mighty VWAP engine but got spiked and my LT order was filled in less than few seconds.. YHOO carried on going up what an awesome signal .

Nearly fell down stairs .. Nice one Iraj

I am up $873 to day and I think I call it the day before some thing else happens

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Attachments

• todaythursday.jpg
    todaythursday.jpg
    757.4 KB · Views: 28
Despite making all those errors and being up, what can I say???
Most people would loose most of thier account with major errors like that!

I think the best thing to do is be grateful to God for an awesome engine you have which keeps on making money!

For the Gap trades, do all the 3 timeframes need to be over 100 to go short and vice versa?
on Monday after makret closed I saw CAT and C from your MACCI engine nearly overbrought but went up the following day, especially C.

Thx

Grey1 said:
Today was one of those days that I never forget as i made so so many errors which cost me a lot.

I was long AMZN I typed AM instead of AMZN to close my position on the book trader and thought I was in cash to go and have a break . When i come back not only i lost my wins but i went down $625 Nice one Iraj ..

My screen froze and i was sitting like a fool wondering why market was so quite . By the time I rebooted i lost some of my winning that i made earlier in APPL. Nice one Iraj

I went long YHOO as I had an awesome signal from the mighty VWAP engine but got spiked and my LT order was filled in less than few seconds.. YHOO carried on going up what an awesome signal .

Nearly fell down stairs .. Nice one Iraj

I am up $873 to day and I think I call it the day before some thing else happens

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gulam said:
For the Gap trades, do all the 3 timeframes need to be over 100 to go short and vice versa?
on Monday after makret closed I saw CAT and C from your MACCI engine nearly overbrought but went up the following day, especially C.

Thx
Gulam

i believe market(INDU) has to be OB/OS(atleast to some extents) for a gap trade to take place on a specific stock which is OB/OS too, see the screenshots in gap trading thread.

Regards
Kako

PS: nice 1 iraj ;)

Last edited:
gulam said:
Despite making all those errors and being up, what can I say???
Most people would loose most of thier account with major errors like that!

I think the best thing to do is be grateful to God for an awesome engine you have which keeps on making money!

Thx

Gulam

They all must be OB or OS . Can you refer me to ther post where C was OB and stock went up as i just checked on the chart and it was not

grey1

Took another two trades to give me a final win of $ 1091

Attachments

• finallyyyy.jpg
    finallyyyy.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 23
Help wanted

I had a link where i could short list NAS stocks with HIGH ATR and HIGH VOLUME but have lost it .. Does any one have the link as i need to update my stocks

Grey1

Even if you have a large amount of processor being used this simply shouldnt happen. I have never had this happen and if it is a regular event then something is wrong with either the PC, drivers or software. Have you tried contacting the vendor ?

Paul

iraj,

sorry to hear this but i am sure you will have better days... at least you took home a gain by the end of the day.

error free trading would be great i suffer the same issues at times because i scale into my positions in small amounts and if i dont change the default size or it does not change when i command it to i buy double the amount and it scares the shiitt out of me sometimes

i have some problems with book trader as will... i still use the mouse to buy and sell but i know they have hot key functionality and other fronts ends execution software like ninja trader brasket trader and zeroline. with hot keys you can program automated exits which would help one who has trouble...

I have been having a great week thanks to relative strength on the stocks i buy :)

Grey1,

I wanted to confirm if they all had to be OB/OS, just that C was reading 64, 93 and 99 on AV1, AV2, AV3 respectively, and it looked kind of OB.

The reading on CAT was slightly better 69, 91 and 113 on the 3 averages.

To me it shows how significant it is for all 3 averages to be OB.... The 1 minute really matters too.

I believe this shows the displine one must have to wait for all three timeframes to be ob/os as 2nd guessing can hurt you.

Grey1 said:
Gulam

They all must be OB or OS . Can you refer me to ther post where C was OB and stock went up as i just checked on the chart and it was not

grey1

i have some problems with book trader as will... i still use the mouse to buy and sell but i know they have hot key functionality and other fronts ends execution software like ninja trader brasket trader and zeroline. with hot keys you can program automated exits which would help one who has trouble...

If you learn to use key shortcuts it will cut this problem out and it is much faster for execution

Paul

gulam said:
Grey1,

I wanted to confirm if they all had to be OB/OS, just that C was reading 64, 93 and 99 on AV1, AV2, AV3 respectively, and it looked kind of OB.

The reading on CAT was slightly better 69, 91 and 113 on the 3 averages.

To me it shows how significant it is for all 3 averages to be OB.... The 1 minute really matters too.

I believe this shows the displine one must have to wait for all three timeframes to be ob/os as 2nd guessing can hurt you.
Gulum

Discipline is an asset in trading . some thing i lack . I some times take trades that are not 100% ideal because

1) demonstration to my buddies
2) get bored on dead quite days

Not a pro attitude. I know. Best to stick to the rules and not force trade

Grey1

WOHOOOOOOOO 970 $ up in no time my thanks to MIGHTY VWAP ENGINE what can i say

Grey1

Attachments

• wohooooo.jpg
    wohooooo.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 40
  • wohoooooo.jpg
    wohoooooo.jpg