GREY1 P/L daily

lev

paul meant what datafeed are u using, to collect data into TS2000i. ofcourse we know it's TS ;)

good work grey1, did u used Exhaustion engine on INDU? and how did u detected this 3 stocks was WEAK. this part of strat. #3 is abit discretionary, which needs mastering imho. i hope i can learn strat 3, because u named it as high probable, sounds very good to have high expectancy strat.

Regards
Kako

Mark

I have changed the setting to +, - 100 instead of 120 now ..

thx

KAKO

The choice of stock is dead easy .. just short those stocks that are most down on the day . MRBL ,RMBS BRCM were down the most on my list. I could have also shortedSNDK but i missed that one

stick to Strategy 3 .. It makes you money and it is no nonesence . I am up already $1591 and have not LOST EVEN ONE TRADE. I will post the final result after the hours ..

Grey1

hi

sorry to ask strat#3 questions here, i know there is a thread dedicated to this strat, but this thread is a general discussion, mixed with daily signals and results, so i ask it here. feel free to move my post to that thread if u feel that's better tough.

by those stocks that are most down on the day do u mean the stocks which had highest south move, in terms of %(say stocks which (current price-opening price)% is higher than others?) this could change during the session, and half an hour later, some other stocks would be best candidates. am i right in this? thnx in advance for ur reply.

Regards
Kako

leovirgo said:
Hi Paul,

I've saved function and got VWAP indicator. I am using TradeStation as the source. Does this chart look alright to you? Pls ignore the color of the bars. thanks,..

Looks OK to me

Paul

kako said:
hi

sorry to ask strat#3 questions here, i know there is a thread dedicated to this strat, but this thread is a general discussion, mixed with daily signals and results, so i ask it here. feel free to move my post to that thread if u feel that's better tough.

by those stocks that are most down on the day do u mean the stocks which had highest south move, in terms of %(say stocks which (current price-opening price)% is higher than others?) this could change during the session, and half an hour later, some other stocks would be best candidates. am i right in this? thnx in advance for ur reply.

Regards
Kako

KAKO

You choose say 20 liquid stocks as your core stocks and short those that have had the highest south move as you put it with amount or % does not really matter. As simple as that mate.

you said " this could change during the day ".. yes it could but weak stocks remain weak through the day unless the market obviously rally very very strongly and even that they still remain the weak stocks and must be shorted as soon as the INDU is OB .

This is basic TA . SHORT WEAKEST STOCKS WHEN MARKET IS OB ( reverse for strong stocks )

Let me know if any problems if problems still there phone me

Grey1

Trader333 said:
Looks OK to me

Paul

Paul & Kako,

Thanks. I am using TS platform with TS account. I've subscribed to NDX through TradeStation. I am not using additional datafeed and I got TS platform for free ( as long as I trade more than 10 round turn YM trade per month).

This forum is of great help. Thanks to Grey1. My own 'engine' points too many Short candiates as it is scanning all of NDX, perhaps I need to narrow it down to a few selections. So far my PC is coping well. cheers,..

You can start by only scanning stocks that have over 1.5M shares traded a day and a value greater than $20. This will drop the list quite a lot but still give plenty of opportunities.

Paul

leovirgo said:
Paul & Kako,

Thanks. I am using TS platform with TS account. I've subscribed to NDX through TradeStation. I am not using additional datafeed and I got TS platform for free ( as long as I trade more than 10 round turn YM trade per month).

This forum is of great help. Thanks to Grey1. My own 'engine' points too many Short candiates as it is scanning all of NDX, perhaps I need to narrow it down to a few selections. So far my PC is coping well. cheers,..

leovirgo, what would the commission payable be on one round turn YM?
,I hope you don't mind but what is the basic spec of your PC? (it must be ****hot to cope with all of NDX)

Last edited:
Grey1 said:
I have been away from the BB as I had 5 traders from this BB yesterday in my house and been out all day . Came home 5 PM and saw Market was exhausted ( from the exhaustion engine ) and immedialtley shorted RMBS, MRVL,BRCM and made $ 612 in no time what so ever. I love strategy 3.

I got out after MACCI 1 min got OS on the 1 min . easy peasy

Hi Grey1,

Always nice to hear Strat3 delivering profits. However when you said 'market was exhausted' did you mean Dow exhausted in 3 time frames i.e 1, 3& 5 mins MACCI all gone above 120 and exhausted. I did not see them come above 120 around 5 to 6 pm. Pls let me know how you determine 'market exhaustion'. thanks,...

Trader333 said:
You can start by only scanning stocks that have over 1.5M shares traded a day and a value greater than $20. This will drop the list quite a lot but still give plenty of opportunities.

Paul

I think finding the stocks to monitor is the easy part, the hard part (for me anyway :) ) is radar hogging my pc's resources, I have to limit it to 5 max at the moment.

Hi All

With thanks to Grey1 and other kind souls contributing to this thread I am gaining a reasonable understanding of Entry Strategy. I am struggling though to understand when to exit/close positions here.

If anyone has time to comment on such that would be great.

Thanks
Steve

Grey1 said:
KAKO

You choose say 20 liquid stocks as your core stocks and short those that have had the highest south move as you put it with amount or % does not really matter. As simple as that mate.

you said " this could change during the day ".. yes it could but weak stocks remain weak through the day unless the market obviously rally very very strongly and even that they still remain the weak stocks and must be shorted as soon as the INDU is OB .

This is basic TA . SHORT WEAKEST STOCKS WHEN MARKET IS OB ( reverse for strong stocks )

Let me know if any problems if problems still there phone me

Grey1

Grey1,
Does it matter where the stocks are in relation to their lower MPD's eg if the weak stock was near/at/below its lower MPD would you still consider it as a candidate or would you give that stock a miss and look elsewhere?

samtron said:
leovirgo, what would the commission payable be on one round turn YM?
,I hope you don't mind but what is the basic spec of your PC? (it must be ****hot to cope with all of NDX)

Hi Samtron,

$1.20 per trade per side below 300. May be not the cheapest but what I've learnt from tweaking TS platform is immense and invaluable. I don't wanna sound promoting it. Besides, forex data comes free with it.
AS for my pc, it's normal 3060Mhs processor with 1024Mb RAM. I do get some shut down experience when I run both TS and CMC platforms. So far, coping well with TS only. May be my 'engine' isn't that complicated as that of Grey1 and others. But this is one of many pages from my screen.. btw, nice work with cable pts, cheers,

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 67
samtron said:
I think finding the stocks to monitor is the easy part, the hard part (for me anyway :) ) is radar hogging my pc's resources, I have to limit it to 5 max at the moment.

Maintenance of your PC cannot be overstated. I defragment mine weekly and I have also turned off processes that use memory that are not needed. Also minimisng RS screens seems to help (for some reason).

Paul

Hedged JOYG against RMBS and an awesome awsome signal from the VWAP engine for RIMM resulted in a net $1036 profit. I am out till Bernake is finished . I lost to VLO with a spike
and that was fair and square.

My target is $ 3000 today

Grey1

Attachments

• bernake.jpg
    bernake.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 44
Grey1 said:
Hedged JOYG against RMBS and an awesome awsome signal from the VWAP engine for RIMM resulted in a net $1036 profit. I am out till Bernake is finished . I lost to VLO with a spike
and that was fair and square.

My target is $ 3000 today

Grey1
My EE was screaming short (red) but the chart for was screaming long (green candles) and in my case the chart got the better of me. :devilish: (no trade)

Trader333 said:
Grey1,

It would be of interest to know why you have taken this trade in view of the fact that the market was not range bound at the time ?

Paul

The trade was not a VWAP pair trade. It was a divergent pair trade technique of two stocks showing opposite path of resistance to market direction . This is another elementary TA technique . Long term traders love it. Example VOD /BT ( Uk shares )

This is one of the safest trading skill all traders should know.

Ps:-- I had to take my son to hospital and i just came back to see DOW rallied 225 points . If i was around i would have easily made 5K . No doubt about it . I received an email from one of my trading buddies to say he has made 4 outof 4 trade wins in his first day of trading using VWAP Engine .. Well done and remember to say MUCHAS GRACIS Mr market lol

iraj

Hi Grey1.

First of all may I echo Paul's sentiments. I also wanted to thank you for sending me the Exhaustion Code. I spent today setting this up. Using my IB paper account I made 4 trades with just one loser. The only problem is that I now have a stonking headache from constantly watching over 100 cells in radarscreen. Assuming I put the effort in to learn, is there a way of writing a 'script' that will monitor the MACCI's across the three data compression rates and automatically give a 'signal' or 'alert' when all three are +/- 100?

Thanks Again,

Steve