Goldline

Alfaman

This subject has been touched many times, but 400 points per month is very different if comparing the dax and the dow or whatever.

If you can't grasp why, you ought to have a think about it as it is very important from a risk point of view.

100 points in the dow is a 1% move, 100 in the dax is about 2.6%
etc

Notional position size - ie $10 a point in dow is $94k position etc is a good way of looking at it.

This has no reflection on your actual risk reward ie say 20 point stop for 40 point gain, but if say the Dow has average range of 120 points (guess) and say the FTSE has 50 points - saying ahh the dow is better is an oversimplification.

all the best

BigB,

thanks a lot - I'm off to look at those links.

Alfaman

DaxTrader - I see what you mean regarding risk and position size etc - it's which index the quoted 400 points refers to that matters - I was just perplexed by your reference to 400pts/month being 4800 p/annum which is a sort of truism.

Goldline system

Hello John,

I heard about Goldline trading through a regular newsletter from advfn back in June/July, and was very keen to give it a go. The only thing stopping me at the time was lack of money to risk. so I put it on the back burner.

I am now in a position were I could give it a go.

I know absolutley nothing about trading but have wanted to know more and dable with it for a very long time now.

Before I took the plunge I though I would try having a dig around and see want I could find out about Goldline.

Even though the majority of the discussion I have come across was negative towards Goldline, I was pleased to hear your open minded views on the system ( maybe like myself, you want it to work).

Have you got any more feedback to report on the system.

Best regards

Derek

Degsy

I have seen 2 postings on this site of people who have been to see Goldline, who said they would give them their signals daily to test their accuracy (or not). One has already posted that Goldline has failed to provide the info promised.

For the massive cost of the system, I would suggest you contact these members via Private message and ask them what results they have so far. Even if it has done very well this last month does not mean it is a good system.

One of them said they would update us with a posting after a month.

The company acknowledged they have bad months, and with spreadbetting that could mean a wipe out ( particularly as you said you have no experience at all).

BE VERY CAUTIOUS.

Any system offering high %%

Degsy,

Any trading system promising XX % return is bound to fail. It's like conmen promising riches on the street, pyramid games etc. In the end it's imo only one guy who makes money and that is the same one who sells a system or cons you. I'd be very careful.

If you're truly intrested in trading, buy a few books, check web sites such as this one, start to paper trade if it goes reasonably well slowly put some ££ into real trading.

If you dont wanna go through all that hazzle, put your money into the bank..

Only my opinion -- Good Luck

Illuminato

PS. System that works are never for sale. If they would be they wouldnt work. Think about it

Thanks Cephy1,

Even though I no nothing about trading, I am very glad I bothered to look around. Especially at this site, it is very reassuring to know there's a place where people can look after each other.

Thanks again

Derek

Thanks Illuminato,

Good advise, I dont want to just put the money in a bank though.

Looks like I will be looking on amazon then!!!

Derek

Degsy

I have sen you a private message which echoes much of the advice you have just been given ie: to read and learn.

To anyone else:

It was not my intention by 'coming out' and admitting to purchasing Goldline on the T2W site to promote it, defend it, denegrate it or anything else. I have received several PM's from board members requesting info on how it is going. I have told them all that I think it is too early to say but they can ask me as often as they like and I will tell them honestly.

I have had two losing trades so far at a cost of approx' 200 points.
I have also on three separate occasions amassed over 150 points and on one occasion 200 points. However due to the current type of trade I am in, I have watched those points dwindle back down due to the vagaries of the market. I could though, had I wished, taken my profit at any time.

The point I make is that for a complete and utter novice in this business, I think that record is pretty good. How many other novices could claim to equal that.

Goldline keeps me safe. Or as safe as you can be in this game I think. I have still to convert my points into real profit but as has previously been stated, Goldline themselves admit September and October have been bad months. But hey! Doesn't everybody have bad months or weeks?

Time will tell. But I still have my capital which is the most important thing so I can always trade another day.

I suspect many of the 90% of speadbetters who go it alone and who lose all their money would envy that record.

Regards
John

John,

Have you deducted the cost of purchasing the Goldline system? There are free systems online that would also have kept your money safe. At least if they start to go wrong, like most systems seem to at some point, you wont be out of pocket from a big purchase fee.

BB

No not yet.
I take your point but I will give Goldline one year to prove itself at the end of which I will take into account the cost of the system. Like I said I am not trying to promote or justify it. I am just going to give it a chance after which I will assess whether it was a good decision to buy it or not.

Regards

I tend to agree with John ( Harlosh ). You need to give any system time to prove itself which will probably entail going through a complete stock market cycle which may be substantially more than 1 year. It has to be assessed under all market conditions that occur during the course of a cycle.

Then and only then can you make a valid judgement on it.

Imho !!

Can I ask a question ? Would anyone here buy a book on how to be successful at horseracing written by someone who has, at best, had moderate success at trading ?

Paul

DPOE = Different Pair Of Eyes

A good technique in management whereby, if you have a team to look at a specific project, it is often good to have someone on the team from a completely different discipline. A "different pair of eyes" often sees the obvious things where someone trained in that discipline is usually looking for something deeper and may miss the obvious.

Having said that you wouldn't want a teetotaller to organise a p*** up in a brewery I suppose !

Alan,

As I am an adviser to companies on continuous improvement philosophies, tools and techniques, I am aware of this technique but have not seen it called DPOE.

That said when I have set up teams and used this technique those who were the equivalent of a DPOE were there as you say to give a different view on solving a problem. But they would not be the architects of the overall solution as is the case with Goldline.

Paul

But we don't really know who the real architect of GoldLine was do we ?

Mark Harniman appears to be the principal beneficiary and DPOE but who designed the software ?

I think I saw somewhere that they have a guy working there who used to work for Fin Spreads or some other SB firm.

Who knows ?

Talking about racing sites though I have come across a phenomenal one.

Great system - great results. Steady consistent profits.

Very cheap - once-off payment. Every day a winning day.

Better than trading !