GOLD

postman

Legendary member
20,654 2,193
Your just prognosticating a massive fall in the dow that would make Gold actually worth anything. People have been doing that for the last 10 years without profit.
Whats that I hear you cry "but it's different this time".

new_trader

Legendary member
6,176 1,254
What an odd reply postman(n)

I see someone asking if any other trader agrees with their analysis on gold, there is no mention of the DOW. Since gold is now @USD1308 I'd say the OP's anaylsis was good for anyone that traded the move. (y)

postman

Legendary member
20,654 2,193
What an odd reply postman(n)

I see someone asking if any other trader agrees with their analysis on gold, there is no mention of the DOW. Since gold is now @USD1308 I'd say the OP's anaylsis was good for anyone that traded the move. (y)
Granted the response was a little terse.
The point of my post was to say that Gold is not a volatile commodity, for the last 5 years its been in a $300 range, the only time its likely to see a significant rise is when a market correction occurs and Gold is bought as a hedge.

The reason for mentioning the Dow was the poster bax699 has only posted on 4 occasions and the most recent one was
"Its posible when gold rises that stocks fall slightly, will the next rise in gold prices make the dow fall? " https://www.trade2win.com/threads/dow-jones.234807/post-3091855
Betting on the dow falling to profit from Gold is a fools errand.