GOLD

bax699

5 2
gold on the Daily. im thinking it may drop to around 1279 ish for anothe rpush up maybe, anyones thoughts?
1551700630299.png

postman

Legendary member
20,667 2,201
Your just prognosticating a massive fall in the dow that would make Gold actually worth anything. People have been doing that for the last 10 years without profit.
Whats that I hear you cry "but it's different this time".

new_trader

Legendary member
6,181 1,258
What an odd reply postman(n)

I see someone asking if any other trader agrees with their analysis on gold, there is no mention of the DOW. Since gold is now @USD1308 I'd say the OP's anaylsis was good for anyone that traded the move. (y)

postman

Legendary member
20,667 2,201
What an odd reply postman(n)

I see someone asking if any other trader agrees with their analysis on gold, there is no mention of the DOW. Since gold is now @USD1308 I'd say the OP's anaylsis was good for anyone that traded the move. (y)
Granted the response was a little terse.
The point of my post was to say that Gold is not a volatile commodity, for the last 5 years its been in a $300 range, the only time its likely to see a significant rise is when a market correction occurs and Gold is bought as a hedge.

The reason for mentioning the Dow was the poster bax699 has only posted on 4 occasions and the most recent one was
"Its posible when gold rises that stocks fall slightly, will the next rise in gold prices make the dow fall? " https://www.trade2win.com/threads/dow-jones.234807/post-3091855
Betting on the dow falling to profit from Gold is a fools errand.

Reactions: Atilla

hatemypips

315 11
Granted the response was a little terse.
The point of my post was to say that Gold is not a volatile commodity, for the last 5 years its been in a $300 range, the only time its likely to see a significant rise is when a market correction occurs and Gold is bought as a hedge.

The reason for mentioning the Dow was the poster bax699 has only posted on 4 occasions and the most recent one was
"Its posible when gold rises that stocks fall slightly, will the next rise in gold prices make the dow fall? " https://www.trade2win.com/threads/dow-jones.234807/post-3091855
Betting on the dow falling to profit from Gold is a fools errand.
And what do you think about recent rise in demand from global central banks on gold? They're buying record amount still gold rally seems to be stalling. Are there some hidden factors which restrain its growth?

Dunstan

9 1
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'll share with you the following finding. I don't know if you follow the cot report or not, but if you do, you might be interested in looking at the options only data, because to me it seems as if there are some "smart people" among commercial participants. Look at the attached chart and it becomes obvious. If this continues, I believe we have a good chance that gold will be headed north in the next couple of days, few weeks.

All the best,
Dunstan
(cot chart from COTbase.com)

Attachments

Reactions: Joules MM1

punjabi

13 4
Dunstan, can you pls clarify what you see on the COT screenshot you posted? I would love to know your analysis.

FYI, I bought GCM last Thur at 1285 and closed yesterday at 1310 for a quick profit.