Gold price analysis

What is the reason for this oil effect on gold? Is it not due to other factors like strength of dollar?
well, strong dollar and the relationship between the eagle and the bear all effect oil and gold, besides oil price itself is one reason why gold drops. :)
and thanks for contributing.

well, strong dollar and the relationship between the eagle and the bear all effect oil and gold, besides oil price itself is one reason why gold drops. :)
and thanks for contributing.

Still not clear. I appreciate the relationships but not sure what the effect of oil falling on gold is. I thought I may be missing something. :rolleyes: :whistling

Still not clear. I appreciate the relationships but not sure what the effect of oil falling on gold is. I thought I may be missing something. :rolleyes: :whistling
you got me, but when oil drops, it drops with gold price, guess that means something.:confused:

you got me, but when oil drops, it drops with gold price, guess that means something.:confused:

Nearest I can come to it is oil being cost of input - contributing to deflation and falling prices. I would guess there is a time time lag in the transmission mechanism and level of correlation it has, as a leading indicator to be less than strengthening dollar. :rolleyes:

gold jinyu Nov. 5th precious metal (gold) price trend analysis

International gold price rebounded slightly, once dropt to about 1164 then raised a little. in Europe trading time gold dropt from 1170 and started correcting in U.S. trading time.
U.S. September trade balance is not as good as expected which dragged USDX down. While September factory orders and durable goods orders keeps getting better and that stabilized USDX in a high level. Gold’s failure rebounding indicates that it’s still weak. Currently the situation of weak gold is not changed, MACD green bar is smooth, bearish is controlling the market, trading short during intraday trading would be better choice.
:whistling

gold jinyu Nov. 6th precious metal (gold) price trend analysis

International gold price yesterday broke the support line and went downside, all the way down to about 1140 after broke 1160, bear market keeps gold weak. In today’s Asia trading time, gold basing around 1143.

U.S. October ADP employment is better than expected, boost USDX in a high level, yet the October ISM non-manufacturing PMI is not that good, which blocked USDX keeping going up. under this situation, gold started fluctuating, yet not strong enough to rebound. Currently gold daily chart price is still not stabilized after this slump. MACD is weak which made gold’s rebound unfavorable. Short would be a wise choice.
:)

it might not go down that far.

Expect 1140 to be strong support yes but I do like a good bargain. :)

We need to test conviction of the gold bulls.

Clear the air from hope and faith.

LOL....ffsear is such a loser!

Follow TriXx on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriXxTrader

You should follow that thread as I have looked into it too.

TriXx is the dogs ******** on making those great calls. Never seen anything like it. (y) Top dog indeed.

As for ffsear is a top geezer too.

Other than spamming - what have you got to offer then??? :sleep:

1130s tested and we've had a little bounce.

I suspect 1140 will become pivot point for a while.

To state the obvious - in the absence of any sudden shocking events - 1130-1150 range bound imo. :whistling

that took long to be proven wrong lol