GBP/USD freebie trading strategy

chart

Attachments

• forexstrat2.jpg
    forexstrat2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,352
If you trade cash market with cmc there will be, you may also loose a few ticks daily when they close and reopen your position sometimes it in your favour sometimes its not.

If your concerned about financing costs then look at a smaller time frame say 5 mins or even 1 mins and just day trade this. You get some good moves from about 730 sometimes...
Entry may be the same ie MA pullback or you can try looking for a BO of a tight overnight range in this case you can tighten your stops accordingly as you will know where the sup and res will be.

HTH

Newtron Bomb said:
granted JT, but i only chose the last week in sierra to........

NB...can you please advise the Exchange used in the Sierra/MT
package to trade Forex?

Not surprisingly stopped stopped out for -30 missed my reversal entry so waiting for the moment

Lambchops...if your short the higher yielding currency you pay the interest rate differential...if visa versa then u receive the difference...what the difference is will depend on what your broker bases their instruments on...it might not be the "market rate"...ie it is not simply a case of subtracting one interst rate from another...so check with your broker first!!!

..taking it to the extreme JT... but on the count of three you better back peddle you sweet a*** out of here :LOL: :LOL:

Does anybody think we need a thread like Bonsai`s FTSE where we can discuss different strategies and post trades on the same thread. Those capable may even post some charts etc.

good idea. I was thinking along the same lines myself. I don't anticipate being a daily contributor as I'm not trading intraday but I'd be very interested to see a thread like this and would particapate as much as poss.

Lambchops, darrenf
i thought that was what i was doing.. but i assume you mean a dedicated monthly currency thread like Bonsai's

I'll start a properly titled thread for next month if you like but for this month we can use this one..

I will be trading GBP and EU/$ regular again now.
I'll put a chart up my trades today and why i entered to finnish the day off.

Dollar/Euro

Hi Newtron
I've watched the above pair for a while on Sierra charts/Mytrack feed.

I use T-Sim as an interface with Interactive Brokers for ease of trading.

At certain times of day...usually UK and US market times....it seems to chart well trend wise on a one minute chart.

Can someone of experience comment as to whether or not one could trade this beast with a good chance of success during UK and US market open?