K.I.S.S. Trading GBP/USD

Read them? All of them? You have to be joking,

Yes I am joking ,I click on a thread title and I say to myself I will only read every second post or maybe third ...no wait just the ones at the top of the page and the bottom...

You cant make up the crap people are coming out with on this site

I think what Dow Jones does is fair, scams should not be encouraged, I am not saying mr Fox is one of them, his way of trading make sense to me, but there are many lunatics around searching attentions, the fact that they do not sell anything does not mean they are not scams, actually it can only be a good excuse to scam a bit more.

Showing statements or number of pips after the fact confirms to me that tendency of attention needed, best way to help others is to show some charts with entry, exit and reasons. Some real live calls will also be helpful.

Good Morning All,

Well after a much needed day off, today has been business as normal in regards to thrashing the markets.

£ 26.6.15eod.png

It's a real shame that a few have tried to derail this thread, even though I'm a firm believer in everyone clever or stupid, are entitled to an opinion, thus it is not for me to say, who can post what, or not. It really does detract from the main essence of the thread, which was to teach traders a different, more simplified way of looking at the markets, with charts, analysis, and reasoning's behind trades.

They say trading is more psychology, than skill, whether this is true or not, one must have an unshakeable confidence in what one does. Having a positive mindset is the key to success. i must admit I must be one of the few people who disagrees with TITZ, as Mark Douglas' premise for the book is we are 100% uncertain what the markets will do next, a point I strongly disagree with. I know exactly what the markets will do, and they will do as I want(yes this view may seem arrogant, however ones mindset is what gives us the greatest edge), the caveat to this is, yes trades go wrong, sometimes a few in a row, what then, well during times like that all my inner self retorts is "sh!& happens, on to the next trade".

Well the summer holibob season has officially started for me today, and i doubt I shall be posting much, however this is purely discretionary.

Have a great day trading Y'all

Best
John

Last edited:
Mr Fox the screenshot shows your trades size in "actions" :cheesy:

. . . I know exactly what the markets will do, and they will do as I want . . .
Hi John,
A few questions if I may:
1. Can you elaborate how you know exactly what the markets will do? (I'm assuming the answer isn't a crystal ball!)
2. How does the market know what you want?
3. Lastly, even if it does know what you want, why will it give it to you particularly (as opposed to any other trader)?
Thanks,
Tim.

Mr Fox the screenshot shows your trades size in "actions" :cheesy:
what does this mean? I don't use ig.

Foxy, I take it you decided against the idea of going up against DJ after he accepted your challenge? :clover:

what does this mean? I don't use ig.

Foxy, I take it you decided against the idea of going up against DJ after he accepted your challenge? :clover:

This is FXCM account , there have been a blotter called "Actions" which showed his trades size he took it off later . The trades' size is good and the account is real according to the original screenshot ofcourse .

Last edited:
Hi John,
A few questions if I may:
1. Can you elaborate how you know exactly what the markets will do? (I'm assuming the answer isn't a crystal ball!)
2. How does the market know what you want?
3. Lastly, even if it does know what you want, why will it give it to you particularly (as opposed to any other trader)?
Thanks,
Tim.

Good Morning Tim,

The short realistic answer is, I don't.

However what I mean by what I've written is, we as traders have to have a solid, confident mindset.

The only issues I've ever had with trading have been psychological, where I used to think "trading can't be this easy, surely something major is going to go wrong", and it did. I lost all faith in myself, confidence was shot, and in this state even applying a winning strategy meant making errors that cost monies.

However after posting on these boards the issues I was having, one member stepped up, and helped me immensely, and afterwards it was just a process of regaining confidence, and knowing that even if the worst was to happen, I have gotten more from trading than trading has from me, in monetary terms.

Dealing with uncertainty is a hard thing for the mind to comprehend, that is why people get hooked on soaps, as they are left with a cliffhanger part that will resume over the weekend etc, and i as a trader am no different, yet I need to reduce uncertainty, which is helped with a profitable edge, and a mindset that takes every trade, knowing it's going to the trade that comes to fruition. As for failed trades, well it has been a very long time since I've had a day where a profit has not been made, let alone when I have not hit my minimum 40 pips, so this just enforces my belief that the markets will give what i request.

I hope this answers your question.

Best
John.

Good Afternoon @sunset1,

Please excuse me for not getting back to you earlier, but we have been away fro a long weekend, and got back yesterday.

Yes Oil can most definitely be traded using the KISS method. I doubt I will be trading this week, and if I have some spare time I will post a days Oil charts with all the trades available, however you must realize that the analysis is all hindsight, and just done to show you examples of what to look for. I do not trade oil.

Another word of caution about oil, is it's volatile, and this may seem good as we can all start looking at what we can make, but in fact to be proficient, one should concentrate more on what can be lost first, then minimizing losses(moving SL), and then thinking about profit targets.

The volatility means if your SL is not in the right place/far enough you will be smashed from pillar to post, then lose confidence, and try something else.

Always remember that trading is all about stacking the odds in your favor.

Also you will need to factor in your spread, as for me, it is 5 points, thus you are already down 10 points once you've opened the trade, so that deficit has to be accounted for before any positive points are accrued.

Have a great trading week.

Best
John

John I have been away on holiday since the 16th and have now just got your message if you could post a few charts on oil with your method I would be grateful if I can pick up how you would trade it.

Will it be NYMEX or BRENT that would be your preference or both.

John I have been away on holiday since the 16th and have now just got your message if you could post a few charts on oil with your method I would be grateful if I can pick up how you would trade it.

Will it be NYMEX or BRENT that would be your preference or both.

John also meant to say dont let the idiots wear you down, if nothing positive comes from them do not waste your time with an answer and they will soon go away.

In a nutshell and mainly to a moderator willing to answer. I understand that Dow Jones sent a guaranteed statement of account to T2W for a sum of money to be used in competition with Mr Fox.

Does T2W acknowledge receipt of that statement? Would T2W be kind enough to state the post number, please? There has been so much written here, that I have not been reading it all. Sorry to be so lax.

What about Mr Fox? Did he state how much he was willing to set aside?

My feelings are that so much has been written by both parties, each one slanging the other, that T2W should let all of us know, in this thread, what the facts are about this challenge, especially T2W's involvement.

It was a bank account showing a balance of just over 150k. Not a trading statement.

All i can say it was true that he has 150K plus in his bank account. But no evidence that is was it was related to trading activity was supplied. I.e no transactions between his bank and a broker/ sb firm etc.

It was a bank account showing a balance of just over 150k. Not a trading statement.

All i can say it was true that he has 150K plus in his bank account. But no evidence that is was it was related to trading activity was supplied. I.e no transactions between his bank and a broker/ sb firm etc.
thats the best place for ya money -Not IN your trading account:devilish:

^^true and a good point-ive my cash well spread between banks etc-if the wheel come off in england i would have to rethink things i suppose.

No - you are incorrect. He said "...your spread, as for me, it is 5 points, thus you are already down 10 points once you've opened the trade" - which as tar points out is wrong. If I have a 5pt spread and 100pt stop, I am NOT down 105pts on opening the trade.

You're right yes sorry your stop is still 5 points from your entry therefore the risk is still 5 once you've entered the trade.

Thanks for that.

The GBPUSD has found a good support at the 1.5600 level, looks like the pair is changing direction to the downside.