GBP/USD freebie trading strategy

warm_machine

70 0
Lambchops...if your short the higher yielding currency you pay the interest rate differential...if visa versa then u receive the difference...what the difference is will depend on what your broker bases their instruments on...it might not be the "market rate"...ie it is not simply a case of subtracting one interst rate from another...so check with your broker first!!!

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
..taking it to the extreme JT... but on the count of three you better back peddle you sweet a*** out of here :LOL: :LOL:

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
A late entry but long 1.5930

Lambchops

126 0
Does anybody think we need a thread like Bonsai`s FTSE where we can discuss different strategies and post trades on the same thread. Those capable may even post some charts etc.

darrenf

481 3
good idea. I was thinking along the same lines myself. I don't anticipate being a daily contributor as I'm not trading intraday but I'd be very interested to see a thread like this and would particapate as much as poss.

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
Lambchops, darrenf
i thought that was what i was doing.. but i assume you mean a dedicated monthly currency thread like Bonsai's

I'll start a properly titled thread for next month if you like but for this month we can use this one..

I will be trading GBP and EU/$ regular again now.
I'll put a chart up my trades today and why i entered to finnish the day off.

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
Dollar/Euro

Hi Newtron
I've watched the above pair for a while on Sierra charts/Mytrack feed.

I use T-Sim as an interface with Interactive Brokers for ease of trading.

At certain times of day...usually UK and US market times....it seems to chart well trend wise on a one minute chart.

Can someone of experience comment as to whether or not one could trade this beast with a good chance of success during UK and US market open?

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
Yes you can loverly move for 80pips from my entry of 1.1220 ;)

edit
It does have a tendancy to spike a lot...
If you are starting out then you may be as well to look at gbp/usd as it is more stable, mytrack code is cu.bp 2cent move today great or what!!!

GBP produces some great moves just be on them ;)

Last edited:

JonnyT

2,560 22
Cu.bp is the MyTrack spot rate.

If you want the futures then it is BP`Z

The futures are thinly traded for the £/$ so you might be better with a Forex Broker for this cross.

JonnyT

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
Thanks fellas.

I thought to trade via IB...keep it all in Futures for ease of trading. So if not much action on Dax etc then look at Euro etc.

I am looking at the cmc platform JT to get an idea. TThe charts are not too bad.

They say that if lack of volatility lingers in the Dax etc Futures then people may move into currency and commodities in search of volatility and TA friendly moves.

bertie

63 0
GBP/USD

hi newtron.....followed your posts......are you still sticking to your original strategy for gbp/usd or have you tinkered with it?.....what do you make of the possibilities of the strategy with eur/usd?

hi jonnyt.....where do you find the futures symbols for sierra/mytrack.......looking for s&p500 in particular....the one that many say gives a guide for us equities generally.....

good luck trading guys....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock