Fxcorrelator_goldmeter

Gold AUS US EURO notated.jpg

..and.

Almost instant feedback from me, once I saw your post, NVP.

Sharing your thoughts might be appropos.

..and.

Almost instant feedback from me, once I saw your post, NVP.

Sharing your thoughts might be appropos.

ok - let me load a strengthmeter here and come back ......;)

cant access screens at the moment

N

Here's the strange thing.

Nearly all the major currencies are negative or about to go negative against Gold and yet the Gold price hasn't gone up. How can this be? Very puzzling indeed.

The last time AUS Dollar went negative there was a quick $100+ move up in Gold.

...and, King World News is 'down' today, because Google says it is a potential attack site.

Here's the strange thing.

Nearly all the major currencies are negative or about to go negative against Gold and yet the Gold price hasn't gone up. How can this be? Very puzzling indeed.

The last time AUS Dollar went negative there was a quick $100+ move up in Gold.

...and, King World News is 'down' today, because Google says it is a potential attack site.

hey TF....what TF please ?

heres the 1 hr on a 20ma setting ..Pure Gold is negative but so is USD (no trade on XAUUSD) ......Yen is the buy .......see the right chart

.....and i still owe you some other answers ..apologies ;)

N

Attachments

• 1 hr gold.jpg
    1 hr gold.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 257
hey FT .....have you read john murphys work on intermarket correlation ?

may be worth a look ...its a good read
N

Gold 7th Feb 2013 perf chart.jpg

I like to use a longer timeframe. Notice how AUS has begun to go negative from the fairly long tenure above the +10% line. Euro is almost on par with Gold. Last time Euro did this it marked a low and last time AUS went negative from longish tenure above one of the 5% multiples, it signalled a quick 100 dollar plus rise in Gold.

I also look at oil and stockmarkets to see if anything shows up in relation to Gold. However, Gold can be considered a currency and it's worth is measured against currencies primarily.
Generally, it would appear that some of the long held market correlations and contra indications aren't acting entirely as they once did. Further signs that the markets are totally manipulated by the central banks' actions. There are very few true markets out there.

View attachment 155854

I like to use a longer timeframe. Notice how AUS has begun to go negative from the fairly long tenure above the +10% line. Euro is almost on par with Gold. Last time Euro did this it marked a low and last time AUS went negative from longish tenure above one of the 5% multiples, it signalled a quick 100 dollar plus rise in Gold.

this is a nice nice chart.......I also like the autofix facility that sets everything to Zero at whatever date / time you want ......(y)

I need to get that facility onto my FXcorrelator........another one on the list

N

I also look at oil and stockmarkets to see if anything shows up in relation to Gold. However, Gold can be considered a currency and it's worth is measured against currencies primarily.

Generally, it would appear that some of the long held market correlations and contra indications aren't acting entirely as they once did. Further signs that the markets are totally manipulated by the central banks' actions. There are very few true markets out there.

100,000% agree..........100,000% agree (y)

N

The chart is useful with the zeroing capabilty. It makes it easier to see what's happening. However, although crosses of the zero line will always get you into a successful trade once you learn how to read them, they do occur well into any trend. An hourly performance chart would be very useful, but I'm not sure StockCharts allows for this, as many of the tickers are EOD.

All the pundits are screaming spectacular rise for Gold, even though it has been languishing. The long-term fundamentals are stronger than ever and yet the central banks have manged to keep a lid on Gold's price. They have been incredibly successful to date, but that can't last forever.

I still think China is the key manipulator, as the US simply dosen't have the 'cash' and all signs show that there is a massive exodus of Gold from the West to the East taking place.

Hi,
I love your indicator but I don't know why it does not work on my chart. I can see only the two main lines, pink and green but only the green that moves while the pink just goes straight.
I am using Meta4.
Any advice?
Thanks,
Ket

This is why I don't try to second guess the markets. That possible upturn for Gold has been stymied. Even oil and especially idices look positive against Gold, so it's not looking that good at the mo'.

Gold 18th Feb 2013 perf chart.jpg

Hi,
I love your indicator but I don't know why it does not work on my chart. I can see only the two main lines, pink and green but only the green that moves while the pink just goes straight.
I am using Meta4.
Any advice?
Thanks,
Ket

If you're using an account, usually a micro or mini account, that has a "m", "r" or other designation after the currency symbol then there is an adjustment to make. For example EURUSDm or EURUSDr or any other small letter in place of the m or r. Unfortunately my memory is failing me and I don't remember what it was. Be patient, NVP can help you with it when he pops in again.

Peter

View attachment 155854

so if Yen has dropped over 20% of its value since Nov 11 and many others are in negative territory............and AUD is only +10%

where'd all de money go ? :whistling

N

agreed.....agreed ....