Fxcorrelator_goldmeter

NVP

Legendary member
37,467 1,962
View attachment 155854

I like to use a longer timeframe. Notice how AUS has begun to go negative from the fairly long tenure above the +10% line. Euro is almost on par with Gold. Last time Euro did this it marked a low and last time AUS went negative from longish tenure above one of the 5% multiples, it signalled a quick 100 dollar plus rise in Gold.
this is a nice nice chart.......I also like the autofix facility that sets everything to Zero at whatever date / time you want ......(y)

I need to get that facility onto my FXcorrelator........another one on the list

N

NVP

Legendary member
37,467 1,962
I also look at oil and stockmarkets to see if anything shows up in relation to Gold. However, Gold can be considered a currency and it's worth is measured against currencies primarily.

Generally, it would appear that some of the long held market correlations and contra indications aren't acting entirely as they once did. Further signs that the markets are totally manipulated by the central banks' actions. There are very few true markets out there.

100,000% agree..........100,000% agree (y)

N

Funky Trader

46 2
The chart is useful with the zeroing capabilty. It makes it easier to see what's happening. However, although crosses of the zero line will always get you into a successful trade once you learn how to read them, they do occur well into any trend. An hourly performance chart would be very useful, but I'm not sure StockCharts allows for this, as many of the tickers are EOD.

All the pundits are screaming spectacular rise for Gold, even though it has been languishing. The long-term fundamentals are stronger than ever and yet the central banks have manged to keep a lid on Gold's price. They have been incredibly successful to date, but that can't last forever.

I still think China is the key manipulator, as the US simply dosen't have the 'cash' and all signs show that there is a massive exodus of Gold from the West to the East taking place.

ketsana

1 0
Hi,
I love your indicator but I don't know why it does not work on my chart. I can see only the two main lines, pink and green but only the green that moves while the pink just goes straight.
I am using Meta4.
Any advice?
Thanks,
Ket

Funky Trader

46 2
This is why I don't try to second guess the markets. That possible upturn for Gold has been stymied. Even oil and especially idices look positive against Gold, so it's not looking that good at the mo'.

Gold 18th Feb 2013 perf chart.jpg

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,052
Hi,
I love your indicator but I don't know why it does not work on my chart. I can see only the two main lines, pink and green but only the green that moves while the pink just goes straight.
I am using Meta4.
Any advice?
Thanks,
Ket
If you're using an account, usually a micro or mini account, that has a "m", "r" or other designation after the currency symbol then there is an adjustment to make. For example EURUSDm or EURUSDr or any other small letter in place of the m or r. Unfortunately my memory is failing me and I don't remember what it was. Be patient, NVP can help you with it when he pops in again.

Peter

NVP

Legendary member
37,467 1,962
View attachment 155854

I like to use a longer timeframe. Notice how AUS has begun to go negative from the fairly long tenure above the +10% line. Euro is almost on par with Gold. Last time Euro did this it marked a low and last time AUS went negative from longish tenure above one of the 5% multiples, it signalled a quick 100 dollar plus rise in Gold.
so if Yen has dropped over 20% of its value since Nov 11 and many others are in negative territory............and AUD is only +10%

where'd all de money go ? :whistling

N

NVP

Legendary member
37,467 1,962
I also look at oil and stockmarkets to see if anything shows up in relation to Gold. However, Gold can be considered a currency and it's worth is measured against currencies primarily.
Generally, it would appear that some of the long held market correlations and contra indications aren't acting entirely as they once did. Further signs that the markets are totally manipulated by the central banks' actions. There are very few true markets out there.
agreed.....agreed ....

Funky Trader

46 2
so if Yen has dropped over 20% of its value since Nov 11 and many others are in negative territory............and AUD is only +10%

where'd all de money go ?

Good question, to which I don't have an answer except the money has helped float the DJIA,S&P,DAX,FTSE etc.

Yield on the 10 year T note has risen quite substantially over the past 11 weeks and had a big 25%+ swing. Surely they don't want that to continue?

tribal spaceman

10 0
i still dont know how to use the fx correlator goldmeter. can someone help ?

do you wait for the violet line to go either side extreme, say if it goes above to the top. it reaches the peak, then you buy ?

Funky Trader

46 2
Did you read this, from the first page?

FXCORRELATOR - GOLDMETER

Gold is on the march again

here is one of my (simpler) approaches to Trading Gold....never published here before ....
so have it as a present as I think it will be very very useful as Gold fires up !

open up this indicator and lay it on the XAU/USD chart

whenever the Violet line gets above or below all the other lines - trade it !

I use 20ma as a default like my standard FXcorrelator and thats a 20 sma on the XAU gold chart itself....the 2 bold lines will always crossover where the chart crosses the 20 sma if you keep the same ma setting.....

Background

this is Gold priced relatively to the other currencies.......when it gets above them all then the market is deeming to be losing faith in paper money and moving away from Fiat currencies - and vice versa for the other direction traded

the Green line is the USD .....Ideally I would like to see the USD diverging and falling
as the Violet (Gold) line goes above all the lines re a signal ...and vice versa

research Gold to see why i like this as a strategy....simple relative strength applications to trading

thats it ......enjoy !
NVP
Attached Thumbnails
fxcorrelator-_-goldmeter.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 FXCORRELATOR_Goldmeter_V2.mq4 (4.3 KB, 243 views)

tribal spaceman

10 0
Did you read this, from the first page?

FXCORRELATOR - GOLDMETER

Gold is on the march again

here is one of my (simpler) approaches to Trading Gold....never published here before ....
so have it as a present as I think it will be very very useful as Gold fires up !

open up this indicator and lay it on the XAU/USD chart

whenever the Violet line gets above or below all the other lines - trade it !

I use 20ma as a default like my standard FXcorrelator and thats a 20 sma on the XAU gold chart itself....the 2 bold lines will always crossover where the chart crosses the 20 sma if you keep the same ma setting.....

Background

this is Gold priced relatively to the other currencies.......when it gets above them all then the market is deeming to be losing faith in paper money and moving away from Fiat currencies - and vice versa for the other direction traded

the Green line is the USD .....Ideally I would like to see the USD diverging and falling
as the Violet (Gold) line goes above all the lines re a signal ...and vice versa

research Gold to see why i like this as a strategy....simple relative strength applications to trading

thats it ......enjoy !
NVP
Attached Thumbnails
fxcorrelator-_-goldmeter.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 FXCORRELATOR_Goldmeter_V2.mq4 (4.3 KB, 243 views)

i did. but i still dont get it. when to enter buy and when sell ?

NVP

Legendary member
37,467 1,962
i did. but i still dont get it. when to enter buy and when sell ?
hey dude

simplest ?

trade the violet line when it is on the opposite side of the zero to the Green line......and preferably both are diverging

violet below zero = sell XAU/USD....and vice versa

theres more options but this is the simplest :smart:
N

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock