Fx 2009

Oh dear :-0... Somewhat premature imo. I have 139 to be taken out first. I suspect 138 will hold and will make headway to 140 again soon. :whistling

Cheers At . Yeah had a prod to 1.39, but I had to drop my longs and get short. Looks like I was about an hour early but I'm looking ahead for the next 24 hours or so......

heading towards 138.00 at the mo....... see what happens.

I missed an op to sell at 139.00 too I waited next price was 95-92 , F.... I thought, so just have the 1 short on, might get chance toput another on tomorrow ... Still, early days...... but happy to hold short at the mo...

Cheers At . Yeah had a prod to 1.39, but I had to drop my longs and get short. Looks like I was about an hour early but I'm looking ahead for the next 24 hours or so......

heading towards 138.00 at the mo....... see what happens.

I missed an op to sell at 139.00 too I waited next price was 95-92 , F.... I thought, so just have the 1 short on, might get chance toput another on tomorrow ... Still, early days...... but happy to hold short at the mo...

Well done for holding CB. Looks like 139s were rejected.

If 138 fails to hold, 137.30 & 136.60s are looking like support on the charts. Good call.

UK record jobless claims rise is pretty grim. I think most knew is was heading that way though. How longs this recession gonna last? Friend I know ,mechanical fitter, was stiffed by Kwik Fit a short while back, they shut a couple of local centres near to him after 15/20 years trading there. They approached him for the job, and sadly told him (after 5 months) and the rest ta ta ! Might be a prolonged recession , next 18 months look like worsening ?

Last edited:
Ok well I've closed the short @ 136.488 for + 213 gain. I saw it at 135. 50 odd but spreads add volatility it beat back 136 upwards pretty sharp, so I snatch these pips, and drink some beer. :)

Cable looked like a C...T !

good trading CB (y)

Ta ..

By the time it took me to process the platform figures/quotes , glance at cable, glance at dollar yen, the ****er was pacing through 136.00 136.30/50/ 80 etc whilst trying to gauge some sort overall next hour or 2's trading. talking less than 30 seconds.. So had to wait and judge exit on first next down op from 137. (I'd decided then, get out at best and wait til tomorrow or something)

Funny thing is, if i didn't think, then 135.40/60 zone exit would of been plumb on . I did see it, but just thought, "Try and gauage extension of the action", all over by then though at those levels...

Using a "Spanish Hedge" might be a useful tool to employ if one was trading GBPUSD on US based news output ? Least one could hold their position until the fireworks were over .

Ok well, I have replaced a short on GBPJPY @ 137.70 . Valid setup, so put one on. See what happens overnight from here. its come off a bit already, but early days.

Closed out short 137.11 + 59, bit of a range day, but,,,, buy the dips from here on again. see what happens from here on . :)

Bit miffed it didn't come off to 136.15 odd, last few hours, maybe get a chance . But longski . see if we get rock n roll upside or if i get strung up with this mofo in the next 24 hrs ... :)

GBP JPY ok well I've jacked it in for the week last couple of trades on the long side.

Long 137.16 exit 138.21 ,+ 105
Long 137.25 exit 13821 , + 96

The old action today is like a pack of bulldogs chewing through hawthorn fences, grinding up. Solid muscle working upwards mincing everything in its path :)

Hmm that Barney Frank chap sounds like elma thud ? is it, going to get the wabbit ! AIG ,live capitol hill waffle on telly.... let see what bull they pump out today !!!! :)

Hmmm, when Bernanke was asked to categorically dismiss any plans to move towards one global currency and rid the US Dollar etc. When he answered, and said they would never do that, he looked, (he diverted his eyes) away from the speaker and downwards !

yeees ! So will there be one world wonga ? hey the "world wonga" , I like it ... :)

Mind you whats happening with the" Amero" plans ? anyone know ?

Anyone else noticed that as soon as the US opens the USD/YEN trades flat for long periods of the trading day and yet when Europe or Asia have control it's a little bit more eventful

@ 98 levels -- USD/YEN must be shorted - looking for it to head back to 88's and further

Anyone else noticed that as soon as the US opens the USD/YEN trades flat for long periods of the trading day and yet when Europe or Asia have control it's a little bit more eventful

@ 98 levels -- USD/YEN must be shorted - looking for it to head back to 88's and further

hmmm dollar yen is ok to trade overnight (UK Time) if one is available to take trades at that time. The liquidity/ movement is very reasonable, due to the fact that asia are goggling the pair, so plenty of interest for anyone who needs to get a intra trade on in the wee small hours.....

:D

Gbpjpy

Few trades from me here . Had the Japan jobs out last night which started off as a bit of a non violent event. I thought it might of spiked down sub 138 for a long entry but it held up . Hence no longer a waiter long entry 138.76 Then it kicked off alright . (y)

Now G20 & non farms payroll looming. Might get a long entry on a swift pullback tomorrow but I don't fancy holding any trade beyond tomorrow evening ?

So I might be aside till next week . See what happens.

gbpjpy290309.png

Who prodded that f***er with a big stick ?

Well I went long again, sitting pretty tripple pips until a few too many buy orders went over 142.50 odd ?! Off of the tanken release, I flattened out at even (well -2.8 manual cut) . Then traded the reaction from 141.00 (good entry) for a 3 minute trade. Noticed Dollar Yen easing at 98-68/70. er, so bagged +64 pips . But you couldn't **** about with it like ! :)

Early night, & likely early week.

Good night John Boy !

tanken.png

I suppose the Tanken was so Tom tit, it was an obvious pile in number that the big dicks had to sell into, if only to terrorise intra day news longs out. ! Savage ! :cheesy:

Tanken Xtras

Well, so I went and made a cup-o-tea. At desk tidying things up etc, quotes still pumpin about and I notice 141.00 is holding and Dollar Yen has actually strenghtened a bit relative to when I was trading the last couple of GBjp's .

I knew then there was a long trade worth having a punt on for attempt to trade up towards drop zone.(and theres no point ignoring it if you know whats likely to happen) Anyway 141.30 odd was the price I could get by the time I was settled. Dollar yens seemed like treading water 99-05/10 , GBPJPY managed 142 and change but , as was I, it felt tired, I held on , to give it good length whilst gauging dollar yen making any progress from 99-10 but...... it felt ****ed..... as was I , so closed GBPJPY @ 141.88 for a tidy , +55 . (GBPJPY relative to Dollar Yen on that trade was pretty weak, so another clue that, threat of swift evaporation of open pips was likely & aided my decision to close)

Worth takin in my book. But glad its all over . I am making another cup-o-tea ,but I'm takin this one to bed ! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

tankenxtras.png

Last edited:
GBPJPY , looks like a reet little "prick tease" this am, flashing it's knickers sub 141.00 .

Still not showing the roll over yet, so expect it might bust higher next 24 hours?

Anyway I can't see me chasing breakouts at these levels despite drooling about the prospect of those stops above 145.00 being blown out :cheesy:

Well, I said it was a little tease ! Dear ohh dear..... I'll just play the "sailing by" tune in me head.

Fiscal Boost Gordon ? Borrow to spend Borrow to spend ? Sicko ! Yeah lets get more debt and spend our way out of this hole , all them Union Jacks & US flags look pretty on the telly !

Anyone else like Obama's new idea of taking questions off people from over the internet that he did last week ? Seemed pretty funky ... Wonder if Gordon Brown would care to partake in such an event from the UK voters ? :LOL: