Fx 2009

One assumes they are all awaiting rate announcements tomorrow..

Niiiiiice downtrend in EUR/USD today. A steady 120 pips short. Got out just in time for NFP and now having a go long at the rebound. Hoping for 1.2960.

breakout time imminent for GBP??

Attachments

• gj.gif
    gj.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 220
All in all, this week, in comparison to how things have been, has been hard and very small. Always the way when gbp goes for the upmove but still, a good breakout should definitely be soon.

Attachments

• break.gif
    break.gif
    93.1 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
RE: the first part... I could not believe that when I heard it! Economic crisis and their arguing about fukken biscuits!

RE: the 2nd part... of course!!!!! Did you?

Last edited:
Well I'm short E/U again. Yesterday's (long) call didn't quite come up but I got out with only minor bruising :cheesy:

Interesting time for E/U:

Attachments

• d1.gif
    d1.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I just would like to share some thoughts about E/U and G/U...

EUR/USD Daily chart:

It looks like E/U got stuck between those two zones.Note hammer candle of 23 January hitting demand zone.Buyers have tuck control rapidly at the time.
Note two shooting star candles of 27&28 January hitting supply zone.Bears came in very sharply at this level.So it looks like both zones are quite strong ones.
I think that we could have range on E/U for some time.

GBP/USD Daily chart:

Well,price here is making LLs and LHs.I think that sentiment is bearish on pound.So price could retrace all the way to supply zone which i have marked on the chart.At the moment it is about 500 pips.
I think that in future pound will brake demand zone and it will go lower.

Cheers,
VTK

Attachments

• EUDaily.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 410
  • GU DAILY.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 310
and this is why we always choose the Yens!

Attachments

• why.gif
    why.gif
    70.9 KB · Views: 243
Really?

168 pips on E/J and signals galore on E/U. I was too much of a tw*t to take advantage of E/U though...

At the time i wrote this,it was really boring but later i got nice long setup on G/U which have yielded +1,14%..
Now waiting for G/J to come into "zone"...
Regards,
VTK

Profiling FX

Even though MP can be regarded as a volume-based application, I prefer to view it more as a time-based methodology.

Note how a new balance area has developed below the trail of single prints left behind by the breakout spike.

Both extremes offer daytrade opportunities.

Instrument is AUDUSD.

Attachments

• aussie.gif
    aussie.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 259
was that spike up in GU spike-up caused by the CPI eco-news?

got caught out by that.

whats caused the drop-off on the GBPUSD this morning.
(from about 1.4280 at 7:45am to 1.4170 8:45am)

over 100 pips drop in the space of an hour or so.
the only news only the horizon is the MPC meeting minutes at 9:30am.

whats caused the drop-off on the GBPUSD this morning.

Last two and a half days we had a range on G/U.
Prices came to north of the range early this morning and were hitting previous supply zone where we had more sellers that buyers in the past.(marked on chart)
So when last buy order was filled price just could not stay there.If there were willing buyers at this price level,price could not just drop down like a rock.
So what stopped price from dropping even further to south?
Pair was trading in 1.4111-1.4091 range.And this is a demand zone which you can see marked on chart.At the level we had more willing buyers than sellers and price have quite sharply screamed away from demand zone.
After all i think that supply and demand is backbone of the whole story on any free market.
All influence on price(news)is reflected in price.
My 2c:)

Cheers,
VTK

Attachments

• GU1H.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 328
i-sessions.mq4.
allows to define upto 3 sessions visually by setting begin and end-times.

Attachments

• i-Sessions.mq4
    5.6 KB · Views: 283
right boring sods this week. Thought FX was meant to trend ffs! Going back to the MXN and NOK at this rate! move.......................!

one last chance to rally into the close and I'll let you off. +300 please!