FTSE future for day trading and scalping

bennie83

I am looking to trade FTSE future (opposed to FTSE cash). Would like to share tips and strategies. I am starting at 7.00a.m tomorrow!

I'm guessing you're spreadbetting.

Why trade the future when cash has a tighter spread?

Why start at 7 if it opens at 8?

There is a Daily Future that is calculated by the company and has no relation to the monthly future.

I don't know why they do not use a daily cash, but they don't. This future has a different price level but moves point for point with the cash the difference being that it closes at market closes and does
not roll over. This is an advantage for anyone who is not watching the afternoon trading and does not want to trade overnight.

Thanks Split,

...still don't get why you would want to trade it instead of the cash

or start at 7

Thanks Split,

...still don't get why you would want to trade it instead of the cash

or start at 7

Personal choice. I use it if I trade late morning and think that I would want to run the trade to the close because I have to go to work at 1330 and cannot monitor Footsie easily. I might be with a client or in the car, anything like that. I don't like trading Footsie overnight and if I have a rolling bet and cannot close it, beforehand, it will roll over automatically.

Remember, this is the Daily Future----not the monthly. The spread is the same as cash.

Actually started this thread because everyone always mentioned FTSE cash, when I was a taking a longer term view with the future, which could be a little confusing with the different prices etc. But actually it seems there are threads with this already, so I'm kind of abandoning ship!

Actually started this thread because everyone always mentioned FTSE cash, when I was a taking a longer term view with the future, which could be a little confusing with the different prices etc. But actually it seems there are threads with this already, so I'm kind of abandoning ship!

I have no idea what you just said... But if there is one thing i know, its that a good captain, NEVER, abondons his ship.

You sir, are a failure.

I have no idea what you just said... But if there is one thing i know, its that a good captain, NEVER, abondons his ship.

You sir, are a failure.

guilty as charged! You know how the FTSE cash seems to be about 55 points more than the FTSE future at the moment...oh it doesn't matter! lol

Is anyone still out trading the FTSE?

Am looking to make a consistent £100 per day on it making 10-50 points a day at best.

Have been trading it on and off for 3 years but have really taken to it over the past year as it moves well

Cheers
Alex

Hi Alex,

I recently signed up to a service that provides exactly what you are looking for. I've been fit for the last 2 months and it has been quite an eye opener. I've been making 50-70 pips consistently and it seems to be working in my favour.

If you are interested to know more then just PM me and I'll gladly share the info.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Look at the post date and the number of posts he made bird brain