FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Need to skip Mr Carney's talk.

I have received instructions to teleport over to Cissbury Ring.

Catch you guys later. (y)

All this volaility not good for my health.

This is what I think is going to happen into the close:

Tank lower, to about 11400-420. Then a move back back to 11475 area, then a move back down.

Wild guess.

Bring in the Yanks before the dump :idea:

Greece is saying they will not accept anything which is not a long term solution.

EU only interested in giving loans to Greece to service debt, not resolve issues.

Key issues not agreed or accepted by either party. So we are still at square 1 if that. How can kicking can to November be any solution??? Head in sand syndrome - la la la :LOL:

I can see Greece insisting and rejecting the 15bn because it is no solution. Unless it is associated with a loan write off, another haircut or something.

Rallies indicate market is petrified of risk. There is no risk just simply mismanagement to let the children grow up and manage their own affairs on their own feet.

Markets are in bubble territory and China just coming off hers. Yanks still believe they are ok. Yeah right - pull the other one it has bells on it. :cheesy:

We have negative interest rates, Fed needs to raise rates
We have bubbles and low volumes in equities, which need a 10-20% pull back
We have Grexit

I make that three issues for market to deal with.

Sooner or later a little like managed currencies that are allowed to float to find their level, central banks will have to let loose the reigns and allow markets to find their level instead of trying to fix what they can not.

Instead of a controlled landing we are likely to get a mega crash...

Atilla, if you look in FF's news items for yesterday, you'll find that Greece has a terrible history of not paying its debts, going way to BC. Even in the last 150 years,
or so, they have defaulted 4-5 times. It seems to be a national pastime to screw foreigners. Under those circumstances, I have changed my attitude to them. (n)

Maybe, it would be a good idea for them to borrow a few billions off of Putin and see what happens.:)

Atilla, if you look in FF's news items for yesterday, you'll find that Greece has a terrible history of not paying its debts, going way to BC. Even in the last 150 years,
or so, they have defaulted 4-5 times. It seems to be a national pastime to screw foreigners. Under those circumstances, I have changed my attitude to them. (n)

Maybe, it would be a good idea for them to borrow a few billions off of Putin and see what happens.:)

That would be amusing. If they defaulted on Putin you'd see 'bailiffs' toting military grade equipment in Athens before you could blink. Of course the 'bailiffs' wouldn't be Russian military, they'd merely be ex-Russian solders that happened to turn up to assist the Russian government in their hour of need! Taking money from Putin would be like going to the worst loan shark you could find.....with the biggest collection of guns in his desk draw :-0

What I do know is that EU and US need Greece more than Greece needs EU or the US. Anything else is not facing reality.

So how do we benefit from it all?

I would say Euro will continue to fall as they run with QE.

Fed will raise rates and money will flow from US to EU equities.

Inflation can be imported with fall in euro and prices will start rising soon if it hasn't already and gobble up the debt. Hey presto everyone will say what clever cloggs we were.

Scalping is indeed the way to go in these markets. Identify PP levels and just trade in and out holding position for few minutes only. :rolleyes:

The thing that is puzzling me is why the markets are showing no signs of risk aversion at the moment going into the weekend. There was no sell off at European cash close at all bearing in mind there is likely to be a deal / no deal situation after the meeting on Sat. That spells large moves Monday morning come the open.
HH

Think of Greece... the final count down....the dilemma , the artificial fog that's been created...the peoples faith and the government's helplessness....

Have a great weekend everyone....

spx moving down again.

Feel 2095-2100 may just hold

Would like to see;

PP-S2 @ 2088 or even better
PP-S3 @ 2075

2 Hours to dump some more... It is said last couple of hours could be heaviest volume due to Russel index changes.

Sell sell sell - (n)(n)(n)

PEWK

regurgitate all your long positions...

This is spx - kerching kerching kerching... Collected on three short positions and another three running :)

Will close another at 2095 limit.
Another at 2088
Final at 2074

Where do you see resting support Mr D? Does it tally up with PP numbers?