FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Back to technics...

DOW needs to attempt 18334 and then 18360...

Until the FOMC not much will happen. Should move sideways between 18340-280.

Upping my entry short levels to 18340/50/60 regions.
No orders set.
Watching, listening and waiting... :sleep:

Hi Guys,

Nice thread and very informative. Especially the last few pages as many individuals are joining in and providing interesting insights.

I think Dow is losing some steam finally after the minutes from Fed. I feel the market should head down now as big boys will be packing up stuff before heading to summer break.

According to a report by CNBC, many analyst suggested that a market correction is expected. What's your take?

ive not paid much attention after 4pm-so i take it the minutes came out at 7-what happened as ive noticed the dow aint doing much.

Hi Guys,

Nice thread and very informative. Especially the last few pages as many individuals are joining in and providing interesting insights.

I think Dow is losing some steam finally after the minutes from Fed. I feel the market should head down now as big boys will be packing up stuff before heading to summer break.

According to a report by CNBC, many analyst suggested that a market correction is expected. What's your take?
the level on the dow tells it all-just go with the price

Just got filled on the DOW short @ 18341, SL @ 18541

Well this is more like it. Up +100

Considering the last 4 days trading range has not exceeded 200

amending the SL to a Trailing SL following @ 200 (currently @ 18435).

Target area remains 18000s for now.

dow lookin overbought on 5 min data

iyjtxv.jpg
as we said
bounce taken aswell

Last edited:
updated chart
same inputs
the column of "O"s did not quite make it to the pink line as it is a close plot
we are in a sensitive area now
which way do we go ?

1z9kw5.gif

updated chart
same inputs
the column of "O"s did not quite make it to the pink line as it is a close plot
we are in a sensitive area now
which way do we go ?

Well I suspect it will try and take back 18300 and upon failure tank back down to 18200.

However, we have significant pieces of high impact news releases today from UK, EU and the US so will really need those to determine direction for the day imo.

dax needs to unwind the overbought

2hd1j69.gif

Agreed, although I personally do not believe in overbought/oversold so much as where is market depth ??

There is massive unwinding opportunity down to & below yest low down to approx 11600 area

We may even just bound about in this 100 point range since tues.

bias short at mo

if it's a test back up to 11810/20.....the tussle there will give a clue who may give morning direction

ton of data out at 9am ish

I like to see change of flow, usually with a little tester trade, to see how aggressively my entry is tested.

The trap tests often work a treat

I usually assume data releases have been factored in to the price before data is released

Anyway, these are my thoughts for the morning, probably rambling.

DAX moving sideways between 11750-11850 on 1Hr charts.

At times like this charts and indicators aren't much use imo. Look at the 1 hour DAX in BBands.

Best to prepare for the news/data and be ready for the breakout up/down imo.