FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Will assess areas above current levels (i.e 11,000) next week.

Volkswagon issues still not priced in, China rate cut is still a sticking plaster which markets will digest over this weekend and fairly shortly figure out that all is really not well at all. Plus the China rate cut didn't add much juice to the commodity/miner/oil heavy ftse which practically went no on Friday.

If we hit 11,000 on Monday (or Tuesday without much drastic pullback beforehand) it's crying out for a juicy short IMO. :rolleyes:

rinse em all....

23lnypk.gif

from that chart
if it pumps and breaks the red
10860/high then obviously 10900.The one box horizontal count gives a target of 10926-10948 area
this is potential bull trap area
it should need to find supp if that red line breaks
the last 2 breakouts pulled back to find supp...both on Friday...so market is unsure
Thursday ..it did not recoil
so a good guide on any break upwards...it needs to find supp before a new upward break
trend supp /aqua and green are shown
there are other horizontal supps ..these are not shown..a decent one at 10741 area
market is unsure...treats galore in the confusion
11040 area prev supp ...hummer
also break of 11040 area to 11160 if it gets there
possible big res area 10950-11026 area...not quite sure..though...11040/hummer
11040-11160..even better

Last edited:
QQQ.nasdaq etf at yearly R1 pivot area
Twitter guy advises profit taking
Also spx at quarterly R1 with R 2 on the monthly just above
Take money off the table ..he says
Apple reports on Thursday after the bell

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Still missing my old platform and charts. Installed ProRealTime which I used before but Pivot Points not good at all with little small dashes my eyes can't make out.

So Woody's PPoints is the best and nearest to what I had before. Looking at it, I think something is wrong as they are showing PP as 2042???

Screen capture below but now I'm not sure if it is valid.

Anyway weekend TA analysis is up the spout for this week. Still trying to re-establish old system with Weekly / Daily PP that's easy on the eyes.

Having said all that I would now like to subject readers of this thread to my perspective of FA Analysis. May read more like a rant than analysis but as the old saying goes everybody has an opinion a bit like A-holes. So here is mine. :cheesy:

Attachments

• DAX_D_151025_PP.GIF
    DAX_D_151025_PP.GIF
    13.9 KB · Views: 56
  • SPX_D_151025_PP.GIF
    SPX_D_151025_PP.GIF
    13.6 KB · Views: 52
China dropped rates by .25 bps and reduced reserve ratios last week. India also cut rates more than expected in September.

Fed postponed much expected Sept hikes. BoE keeps pouring cold water on their anticipated rate rise too.

In a nut shell, rates fall during recessions/depressions/slow downs. Rates rise through troughs to peaks. I reckon we are still on the down slope if rates continue to fall whilst others fantasize about raising rates.

IMHO - the recovery is fast running out of steam. It's clear to see simply from commodity prices.

Do the markets justify valuations and levels they are at. NO! Not fundamentally imo but so much money all over the place and the only place it can be earning above 0% rates is in stocks and shares and some tangibles like land and property.

This is why property prices are going up as the mad dash to safety ensues causing people with low incomes unable to afford basic roofs over their heads.

Technically, I think markets should continue upwards as I don't see why anything should change now as things are certainly better than before. RSI hasn't peaked into OB area so some more bull left in the market to maintain momentum.

After some pull back to 2060s expecting another spritely bounce to the 2090s. Why not? It's xmas and we have momentum behind us (y)

I don't have much conviction in the move 50/50. However, in the absence of sound reasoning and common sense - as daft as that may sound, follow the crowd. :rolleyes:

Atilla....why dont you calculate them yourself
Should not take longer than a few minutes

Yes and I used to on excel. Formula's simple enough.

That still means I have to punch in numbers and draw lines on charts.

I'm more upset about losing the simple working system I had and having to learn new charts and clicks and saving templates etc.

I'm just annoyed how some people can get paid for producing so much useless rubbish.

Literally, 1000s of indicators, systems and lines but doesn't do what it used to so well.

I'm angry as there are too many morons out there :mad:

Into Monday's premarket
Keep a close eye on range expansion of the lows
If necessary.add the 1sma of the low on candlestick
This will give you a no delayed look into any trend breakdown .The one minute will let you know in advance..A decent uptrend will have continued range expansion of the lows,::: upwards
You want to track Against the trend if it is still going up
Vice versa if trend is down
You can actually quantify the range expansion.ie 5 points etc etc

Last edited:
China dropped rates by .25 bps and reduced reserve ratios last week. India also cut rates more than expected in September.

Fed postponed much expected Sept hikes. BoE keeps pouring cold water on their anticipated rate rise too.

In a nut shell, rates fall during recessions/depressions/slow downs. Rates rise through troughs to peaks. I reckon we are still on the down slope if rates continue to fall whilst others fantasize about raising rates.

IMHO - the recovery is fast running out of steam. It's clear to see simply from commodity prices.

Do the markets justify valuations and levels they are at. NO! Not fundamentally imo but so much money all over the place and the only place it can be earning above 0% rates is in stocks and shares and some tangibles like land and property.

This is why property prices are going up as the mad dash to safety ensues causing people with low incomes unable to afford basic roofs over their heads.

Technically, I think markets should continue upwards as I don't see why anything should change now as things are certainly better than before. RSI hasn't peaked into OB area so some more bull left in the market to maintain momentum.

After some pull back to 2060s expecting another spritely bounce to the 2090s. Why not? It's xmas and we have momentum behind us (y)

I don't have much conviction in the move 50/50. However, in the absence of sound reasoning and common sense - as daft as that may sound, follow the crowd. :rolleyes:

Another due consideration with the anomalies in the FA.

When interest do start to rise assuming we really do have strong recovery, it will then cost a whole damn site more to continue servicing government debt. Effectively, we'll all be working to pay back the mountains of money big G gave to banks.

Expectations is we'll have inflation to buffer us in eroding the debt we have. That may well be but the cost of everything else will rise including cost of future investment and paybacks.

When that time comes, countries with least debt will be better off whilst those in debt considerably worse.

So when you see markets rise when interest rates rise, one must ask what the Fred is going on here?

Ofcourse the correct path is for markets to rise first and then rates to follow thus keeping exuberance in check.

So when China grows 5% and drops interest rates and India is expected to grow 7.5 and they too cut rates why on Earth would US and UK raise them when their sad economies remain fragile and struggling under mountains of debt?

So Global economy is all so very mixed up right now!

In the absence of sanity, keep buying (y)

Well done to traders who remained bullish...It was some rally last week.

Last weeks rally broke my initial resistance levels 17230 to 17360..I will be curious to see if those levels act as some form of support if the market declines as often they can based on the anlaysis that I do.... eg One earlier level I had in Mind during the recent rally was 16666 that broke as resistance but later came close to support at 16680 ish.

I had 3 good cycles between the 18th to 20th Oct and thought when the market hit 17230 that it would reverse... but it found a Low just after the cash market opened on the 19th and it continued its rally.

The Long cycles I use do often see large moves of 500 pts or more and I suspect in this case it was a continuation cycle, not a reversal one...
I will have to try not to suggest if the cycles will likely be reversal or continuation moves. Sometimes I get good spells where suggested directions seem right with the cycles..but not always.

But the Dow has hit around my higher resistance level that I posted on Oct 9th was hit on my next cycle date that I indicated for the 23rd Oct.

Its been an amazing rally since the August 24th Low or even since the Late Sept early Oct lows.. almost back up to where the June/July Aug highs were before it started its large decline..

Posted 15th Oct
My next main October cycles for turns suggest into the weekend 17th/18th Oct and 20th/21st then 23rd Oct
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...ading-ideas-discussions-1045.html#post2641648

It has aso hit a great trendline fom 2011 that I suggested in my comments made on the 9th Oct..

So I am curious to see if the market reverses Monday...

If it does not reverse and decline into next week, I am uncertain what to expect ...but other cycles I have would be between the 28th/30th....Then Around Nov 5th/6th..

Longer term...I am wondering if we are going to see new highs into December or January 2016.
If I recall before the declines started back In May..I had other targets if the 18360 level broke somewhere around the 18500/600 level..but I also have 18880 to 18888 in mind...

After Nov 8th...My Next major cycles come in After Mid November...early and Late December and January !

---------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 9th Oct.

On the Dow I have 3 main price levels that my analysis indicates.

Lower resistance suggests = 17230.... above that Mid resistance = 17367...
Between these levels I have a few calculations suggesting this should be a strong resistance area.

If that breaks...then initially I am looking between 17600/17700 on a higher level.

On the Higher level , there is an interesting Trendline forming from a Oct 2011 low that also hit the Oct 2014 low as support.... and sometimes we see such trendlines hit later as resistance points. For this weekend my calculations suggest that would be at about 17630.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...ading-ideas-discussions-1010.html#post2638544

Last edited:
we have those 2 main areas of supp marked on the chart
res areas
10857..from Friday
fomc Wed
AAPL thurs..note NQ 100 feel in July after AAPL earnings

minor res at 10824 area from the move down overnight
10764 horizontal supp
10728-10740 prev breakout area on updated chart