FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Getting ready to wind down now.

1950s not happening.

First part drive to 2000s failed around the early 1990s but second half, bears went off to party celebrating wins I reckon or could be to lick wounds who knows.

a pump or a dump/pink horizontal
a couple of other areas marked
15 min spx index...not spreadbet data

plenty of horizontal supp/res can be picked off candle charts

28vesna.gif

bullish recoil in a downtrend

Last edited:
the breakout point is 1992 -2000 area...we also had 1995 marked as res on Friday...we got a magnificent dump from that area...paid for a few beers
could go either way
index seems to be in limbo

2j0d16w.png

Circled yellow was a fake - bear trap. Didn't fool us though cos we had 9300 area marked - 1000 point rally since.

Bulls have had a good run but I think we're going to see a reversal this week. 10540-10620 area possible turning points. Bulls running out of room and 10620 was the breakout point - should happen on Tuesday or Wednesday as Monday is a bank holiday in the UK - Daily showing same type of exhaustion. We have Draghi speaking on Thursday so we may get a decent rally if he announces QE will be extended beyond 2016 (as analysts seem to be suggesting)

10250 was the breakout point on Friday so should provide some decent support.

Yeah on netdania
No gap
Freestockcharts there is a gap..rubbish...i wont use them again

Last edited:
Stockcharts showing the gap filled
There is a day of data missing
thanks Cigar

Last edited:
dax
spreadbet data

2qlzrq0.gif

recoil in a downtrend
could go either way
trend res 10508 area
breakout point 10387
horizontal supp from 10238 down to 10150
trend supp 10120 area
then 10k major supp area/thick green
last signal was bearish
lets see what happens

To match the analysis we did earlier I was going through some historical data i.e looking at corrections since 1998. I've observed that the market once it rebounded from a first correction low, it on average, has rebounded by 12% to then reverse back around and test the initial low it made. I've looked at corrections since 1998...

If you combine that with the price action we've been looking at over the past few days, with historical data and a declining ATR it would SUGGEST a reversal is coming around 10438 / areas we had marked earlier to test the lows again...

No hard and fast rule - positive news can change all of that. Bulls have yet to be tested properly yet since that major down move.