FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Re: AAPL it has tested 114s before. News is worse as coupled with falling demand Apple now has to contend with currency factor. Pretty certain 110s will be breached. (n)

I'm now out of ideas guys. Targets hit. Today has worked out exceptionally well.

Now will enjoy the rest of the day. Maybe some bounce but I still favour shorting the bounces.

Euro coming off highs so DAX may move up a little. SPX holding 2086 for now. Come the latter part of the day we may edge towards 2067 which is PP-S2.

Otherwise with the exception of shorting AAPL that's me done for the day. :)

Well Done Sir :clap:

https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/pdf/Apple_Supplier_List_2015.pdf

apple supplier list, alot of them in China.

drop in Yuan will drive up production costs for Apple

Did'nt a hedge fund manager once say China merely a Frankenstein child of US consumer.

China I think accounted for 17% of revenue. So rise in import costs raw materials coupled with fall in demand and rise in cost of apple phones for the Chinese not good.

Revenues will be hit hard with maturing product line, increasing competitoin, increasing price and cost of production. Not good either way. Was way over-hyped anyhow.

(n)

China I think accounted for 17% of revenue. So rise in import costs raw materials coupled with fall in demand and rise in cost of apple phones for the Chinese not good.

Revenues will be hit hard with maturing product line, increasing competitoin, increasing price and cost of production. Not good either way. Was way over-hyped anyhow.

(n)

overhyped and over priced. cost in the UK is a joke. Apple good marketers, hype up the product launch, found out now with better alternatives with androids

Hi, there,

Is the day's high/low after midnight, or after the open? I'm asking because I would like to know whether you consider highs/lows made overnight relevant, or not,

Regards, Split

Hi, there,

Is the day's high/low after midnight, or after the open? I'm asking because I would like to know whether you consider highs/lows made overnight relevant, or not,

Regards, Split

Personally and I'm no expert on the matter, if it's Forex, Gold or Oil because we live in a 24H world, and they are traded round the clock in 24H market place, I'd say yes for o/n High and Low values as being valid.

If equities then probably not. For example, If trading a UK based FTSE company then I'd stick to UK market hours to read the Hs/Ls.

I appreciate some may be listed in more than one exchange for trading but keep to the country of origin's exchange hours I'd say.

(y)

Last edited:
Personally and I'm no expert on the matter, if it's Forex, Gold or Oil because we live in a 24H world, and they are traded round the clock in 24H market place, I'd say yes for o/n Highs and Lows values as being valid.

If equities then probably not. For example, If trading a UK based FTSE company then I'd stick to UK market hours to read the Hs/Ls.

I appreciate some may be listed in more than one exchange for trading but keep to the country of origin's exchange hours I'd say.

(y)

Thanks (y)

A pretty reasonable day
Good signals
Very little recoil when the downmoves occurred
Think that was due to Chinese devaluation
A lucky day....without China alot more recoil...imho
No complaints

Last edited:
A pretty reasonable day
Good signals
Very little recoil when the downmoves occurred
Think that was due to Chinese devaluation
A lucky day....without China alot more recoil...imho
No complaints

perfect set up for day trading today, price action quick fast sell off's low risk high reward. instant gratification. shame we only get a few of these, where technical dont matter just press sell and lump the size on.

that Zew no was also far less than expected also helped. however if looking at dax daily, channel intact.

Attachments

• dax daily.png
    dax daily.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 133