FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Attachments

• euro.png
    euro.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 148
agree nice break out, just pi$$es me off when covered already and leave soo much on the table.

euro chart with channels

haha mate dw. The power of hindsight (someone called a guy I know Charlie Hindsight one time :LOL::LOL:). Trade done, move done. haha I didn't even bother getting involved. It's about 40 points from where I exited - oh well :LOL:

Market will always give you opportunities ;)

haha mate dw. The power of hindsight (someone called a guy I know Charlie Hindsight one time :LOL::LOL:). Trade done, move done. haha I didn't even bother getting involved. It's about 40 points from where I exited - oh well :LOL:

Market will always give you opportunities ;)

exactly, could of done either way at the time!!

all to play for in the SPX

range trading at the moment.

earnings have been relatively good overall. no hike this year will see this rocket, or play back into the range conversely if they do

Attachments

• sp500.png
    sp500.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 70
Dax heading for 11334 PP-R1 late in the day as Euro comes off the boil back down to 1.1040s. :idea:

I'm off to catch some sun... :cool:

Originally Posted by dentist007 View Post

spx in a prime area for a trap
a break above 2112 and then a fade
check to see that the break above 2112 is supported

trap area played out very well yesterday
trades put on ..in and out of our trap area
was able to set them up and run the last bits from the Slug and lettuce over a few pints....very strenuous work....lol

Last edited:
into the open
in very simple terms
a minor pullback in an uptrend
chart has a fair way to go before it turns negative
plenty of horizontal res above and plenty of horizontal support below
probably just fumble around in both directions,testing bull and bears
15 min data

umz5h.gif

a closer look at the dax
bulls were in on Friday..it broke out of the range/aqua
11400/round and 11424 /prev supp
trend supp 11235/green
a bullish recoil in a downtrend so far
60 min data

o0uxhj.gif

Friday made the spx and dax index reasonably bullish
we wont know the full outcome until we see new tests of res
if you are thinking anything else..then you should go back to your charts and reexamine them
probably both will fumble around testing bulls and bears until we get some clear direction

Here are the 5min charts of the US500 and GER30. The GER has a sharp, narrow uptrend which can signify strength. Then a pullback to 23% reigion on the fibs. Compare with the US, broader trends perhaps less decisive. (Pivots are the purple lines).
After all that, a weekend is a long time for ideas to change...

Also, have a look at the recent upward channel on the GER 30min chart. Price rapidly moving from top to bottom and back again. Not sure what that means.. people changing opinions or short term traders leaping on any sign of a new direction

Attachments

• US and GER.PNG
    US and GER.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 72
2w5pw2a.jpg

Creepy creepy...

Big horizontal res @ 11420. If we're lucky we could get a move down to trend res on 4 hour @ 220 before we get to 11420. After that - market has to decide whether it wants to continuing going up (if it does, could be a bull trap).

Hey Guys, dare I say good morning in the early hours of Monday morning??? Feasting with the vampires :devilish::devilish::devilish: ;)

Here is the DAX weekly and daily chart with Monday's PP Levels.
Always start off with longer TFs and drill down.
Weekly chart showing the DAX move since millenium...
Begs the question what is so fantastic about the global world economy now than what we experienced in the tech bubble of 2000???? :eek::eek::eek:

We've seen through the 9/11 & the Iraq war 2003 and the highs of 2007/8 followed by banking crises in 2009.

We are now double the highs of our yester-year highs??? It begs the question WTF is going on???

Well with all the QE and negative interest rates and deflation, the only place for cash to live is in equities where dividends have reaped greatest rewards coupled with capital gains.

This is the KEY FUNDAMENTAL and it is a very important one to remember imo. So when analysts pedal BS about interest rates not effecting the stock market or that rise in interest rates signals the start of a new bull market, make sure you have your BS deflectors switched on in your brain. Because when rates start to rise asset switching will take place.

I appreciate this is simply my opinion and opinions are like A-holes but fwiw I thought I'd call it out with September / EoY just around the corner. ;)

That's the weekly charts from me with trend lines showing bubble territory.

The Daily DAX chart is simply PP-Levels. I reckon we'll have a little more of sideways move before big tank down.

We are above PP @ 11228 so 11430 as PP-R1 does seem like a target to aim for.

On the darkside we have PP-S1 @ 11124...

Like moth to naked flame it draws us in to a bottomless abyss :love::love:

:whistling

Attachments

• DAX_W_150803_sod.GIF
    DAX_W_150803_sod.GIF
    35.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DAX_D_150803_sod.GIF
    DAX_D_150803_sod.GIF
    37.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
SPX - Daily - PP Levels

Shows sideways move and consolidation around PP @ 2108 into narrowing ATR range.
Is this agreement on levels taking place???

Not much to say but to simply play the S/R levels based on news and market signals on short TFs.

As before will only take shorts on SPX. Would love it to test 2128s again. Man lives on hope with intermittent use of soap... :cheesy:

Attachments

• SPX_D_150803_sod.GIF
    SPX_D_150803_sod.GIF
    33.2 KB · Views: 51
DOW - Daily - PP Levels

Similar sideways move for now. Would like to see HHs from the bulls but run for the 18000s right now after lots of mixed earnings with slow down and challenging market conditions and strong dollar is likely to be tall order.

To me DOW is showing early indications of testing LL's and any rises I'm thinking will be paw pawed by the bears. I certainly hope to be doing some of the paw paw swinging my self. (n)(n)

Wonder if the blue trend line will be tested again. This is the DOW we are talking about so I'd say it's a slam-dunk sure shot... :rolleyes: :cheesy:

Attachments

• DOW_D_150803_sod.GIF
    DOW_D_150803_sod.GIF
    54 KB · Views: 56