FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

This.

I'd say whenever it's NFP day, market never really stops going in whatever direction is needs to go. i.e a good number - rallies all afternoon. Bad number, then tanks.

Yeap. Couldnt agree more. This is the calm before the storm erupts in 3.5 hours :rolleyes:

DAX is testing the lows at the moment. In fact pretty much all indeces coming off the highs.

Any bounce is not convincing imo. What will convince me is a higher high and I can't see that happening right now.

What I'm seeing is lower lows.

IMF asking Fed not to raise rates until next year. Don't they know Fed is independent. Very desperate or brash of them. Why the public announcement?

I reckon it's because they are signaling reasons not to - which also no doubt suits the Fed like a sort of get out jail card for not raising rates when they should.

I think it's bottoms probing time 11000s :cheesy:

Attachments

• Paul_Probes.jpg
    Paul_Probes.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 75
DAX is testing the lows at the moment. In fact pretty much all indeces coming off the highs.

Any bounce is not convincing imo. What will convince me is a higher high and I can't see that happening right now.

What I'm seeing is lower lows.

IMF asking Fed not to raise rates until next year. Don't they know Fed is independent. Very desperate or brash of them. Why the public announcement?

I reckon it's because they are signaling reasons not to - which also no doubt suits the Fed like a sort of get out jail card for not raising rates when they should.

I think it's bottoms probing time 11000s :cheesy:

Atilla,

liked the picture lol

I am very optimistic on 10,000 area though....:cheesy:

Buy order set @ 11120 area. Will wait to see if it gets hit. :whistling

I still have short bias. Did take a short off the 11400s today but didn't post it. However, exited way too early. Could have tripled it with hindsight. :(

Small error on my behalf. This morning trade closed for -8 not +8. My maths failing me. Noticed as I was doing eod p&l.

Also, oil dropped nicely off the 60s and gold is a buy anywhere above 70s for me. Behaving much better than the indeces fwiw.

Opec and NFP tomorrow. Should be fun. (y)

Gold price would be affected by US rate hike...keep an eye.

Would of expected a bounce off 186 to be quick and aggressive. Not happening. Where at the bulls? 11,000?

back into our `17868 area
lets see if that hold
11150 horizontal supp on 4 hour candle chart
nothing really of note...just minor bull tests

a different look
4 hour data
the 10944-11016 looks tempting..a prev breakout area

bevlmr.gif

ignore the numbers they are dates

NFP stats and US market reaction going to make or brake these S/R levels and volatility is the name of the game "said with a Brucy accent"!

Feel BB OCO setups coming... :rolleyes:

To carry your good tradition forward, dear Dentist, going to tuck in to some smoked salmon and ice lettuce sandwich, sprinkled lightly with some lemon and crushed peppers.

Errr... that's the traditional fish n chips on Friday but without out the chips ;)

a big technical area at 11k..not sure if we get there

Thinking that we've been having 200+ tick days for a while now and kicking off from 11280s takes us nicely to 11080s give or take a few...

Moreover, as soon as one tradre blurts out a number like 11000 or 10000 with zeros in it, then like a red rag to a raging bull it becomes - "bulls-eye" (y)

Don't resist the force! Embrace :love::love:

(n)

Wondering what US markets going to make of it all?

I think down periscope!

Caymen Islands nominal accounts will be kicking into action to defy gravity and lift the DOW.

NASDAQ should celebrate as it always does.

SPX500 will come to rest @ 2092 ;)

Gold burnt me fingers.

Oil is about on PP perhaps with a little more down-side.

Week's almost over and we have our very own concert in Shoreham for any of you wild at heart youngsters out there.

Concert is a sell out but there are some tickets going on gumtree... Watch out Glastonbury !

Doesn't bode well for the bulls.

I have 11282 - 11302 and 11418 as Rs.

True to form DOW and SPX making a comeback. No one really believes the Fed will ever raise rates do they? NEVER happen. Never ever never never. :cheesy:

Dax should follow and test those Rs I think... Struggling to make 11280