FTSE 100 - May

Contracting triangle?

The break out should then follow the direction of the second wave within the triangle (down).

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 177
Anybody have any recommendations for free site charts thats as good or better than BigCharts for the Index's and now the euro index's ?

Will appreciate all responses.

Regards

mully

I trust the gang are restored to health.

Is the big drop this morning considered a gap?

If so, over what time periods dores the ftse fill its gaps?

Regards

bracke

"Is the big drop this morning considered a gap" yes and no..only part of it is a gap.

"If so, over what time periods dores the ftse fill its gaps?" take your pick. :)

did you actually read anything that was posted on gaps last week. :cheesy:

a gap is where no trades take place,

Hooya said:
did you actually read anything that was posted on gaps last week. :cheesy:

a gap is where no trades take place,

heres a chart

Attachments

• b.png
    b.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 184
Hooya

Yes I did read what was posted on gaps last week, however looking at the thumbnails that had been posted today a gap was not apparent which prompted what I thought was a reasonable question.

The chart you show makes it clear, unlike early thumbnails.

Regards

bracke

you cant rely on posters charts....What did you see when the FTSE open at 8am ? did it tick straight down.
What was the first tick on your streaming chart? charts wont always show a gap because it mearly prints a price at the close of a period hence why there was no gap on Mully's chart. Also looks at yesterday close compared to today's high. If they are the same you can besure there was a gap down somehwere. Best thing to do is go to bigcharts and look at a 2 day 1 min dot chart. You should be able to see the gaps clearly

"no trades today, until 4410 level from testerday's close."..not quite true as it shows the close of the first minutes trade. By chance ADVFN charts have a bug which at the moment start the 1st candle from the first tic which seems to be 430ish on my charts. BUt it doesnt really matter too much as gap relates to the previous gap so if you know there is a gap down if it gets filled you know it has to go up to 4441. The only time it might matter is if they try to defend it; then you might want to see first traded level. All imo

Last edited:
Hooya

Will remember can't rely on poster charts to show gaps

"Also looks at yesterdays close compared to the high. If they are the same you can besure there was a gap down somehwere"

Do not understand this

Regards

bracke.

Also looks at yesterdays close compared to the high. If they are the same you can besure there was a gap down somehwere"

errrr....if the high is the same as the open (i.e yesterdays close) that shows that it didnt trade above yesterdays price thus there will be a gap down

mully

Thank you for the incredible charts link. It explailns it well

Regards

bracke

Right , cant be sure where we are but there have been some good swings today.

Followed this mornings charts as close as it could imo. The question is what twas the circled bit all about? Seems to have overlapped and whether you are counting an impulsice count or a corrective count its seems :?: (as Im not sure) to invalidate it. Anyway becuase im not sure Im sticking with this morning chart so this is still abc of 4 with 5 down to come but I guess the opne tomorrow will tell us where it wants to go. Have a nice evening

Attachments

• Greeny.GIF
    Greeny.GIF
    35.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited: