From Zero to Hero - in a year's time

I pointed out the leverage and any such returns are not so good considering.
Yes I get how using a calculator must humiliate me and yes you are right I am really awful at trading too.
You posted a "system" presumably wanting comments, or why post?
If you don't get a lot of "wow what will we call it or oooh you can sell that", then you get upset.
Doing your brains on leverage and trumpeting percentages means your returns are nothing great and a few trades from the thread closing and system deleting.

What have you got against the leverage being known?

I pointed out the leverage and any such returns are not so good considering.
Yes I get how using a calculator must humiliate me and yes you are right I am really awful at trading too.
You posted a "system" presumably wanting comments, or why post?
If you don't get a lot of "wow what will we call it or oooh you can sell that", then you get upset.
Doing your brains on leverage and trumpeting percentages means your returns are nothing great and a few trades from the thread closing and system deleting.

What have you got against the leverage being known?
Did you find it intellectually challenging to locate my account leverage at my MyFXBook link?

What's the deal, you are trumpeting returns and I pointed out the leverage?
What else is there?
If you use 80/1 and are up under 80% you are under 1 coin toss ahead.
What is difficult there for you?
Look change the thread name to "cheer me on only" and I will try not to comment.

I could comment more on the trades but really you don't want anything that might be constructive so not much point.

What's the deal, you are trumpeting returns and I pointed out the leverage?
What else is there?
If you use 80/1 and are up under 80% you are under 1 coin toss ahead.
What is difficult there for you?
Look change the thread name to "cheer me on only" and I will try not to comment.

Another forum member Darktone has previously pointed to your ignorance on the matter. I am not going to reiterate.

What relief can you offer to others?

Another forum member Darktone has previously pointed to your ignorance on the matter. I am not going to reiterate.

What relief can you offer to others?

Now you really are your intelligence, he was poking fun at you.

Wow, how do you put your shoes on in the morning?

If pointing out leverage is an attack I am guilty.

Trading journal in a public forum means you are craving comment, you got some, be happy.

If pointing out leverage is an attack I am guilty.

Trading journal in a public forum means you are craving comment, you got some, be happy.

Account leverage is displayed right at the MyFXBook statement link. What's to discuss?

What is described is the max account leverage, I pointed to the actual trade leverage used last week.

Why do I need to explain this to you, I hoped you might know.

You seem to be a tad confused......don't worry Darkie will put me in my box later I am sure.

What is described is the max account leverage, I pointed to the actual trade leverage used last week.

Why do I need to explain this to you, I hoped you might know.

You seem to be a tad confused......don't worry Darkie will put me in my box later I am sure.

Did I mention using SL?

I am helped by a fully automated EA doing all the trades per my strategy - so no human factor here. I'm just wise not to touch my VPS setup - the same one that has shown those superprofits from the opening post on a backtest without optimization. I don't believe in optimization - it's the same as believing in repetitive markets which are exactly the opposite.

Isn't non-beliving in repetitive markets is quite similar to non-believing in predictable markets? If markets are not repeating themselves, then how can trader claim that his suggestions and predictions are based on facts?

Isn't non-beliving in repetitive markets is quite similar to non-believing in predictable markets? If markets are not repeating themselves, then how can trader claim that his suggestions and predictions are based on facts?

Unpredicatbility of markets is actually what my EA is based on. Surprise data releases and unexpected policy decisions (which are more than frequent in the structurally flawed US and EU economies) trigger sharp price readjustments which my algo rides. In about half of all cases, the price establishes new support/resistance levels (that's where my bot's trades hit a greater TP) and in the other half of cases, the price fails to do so and retraces (that's where my bot's trades hit a smaller SL).

In the former case, the price does not establish the new levels instantaneously, as not all major market participants are in the market at the same time (mind the time zones) and they don't make their decisions momentarily. So this allows for the price readjustment attempts to be spotted half-way and for trades to be entered in the direction of the strong price movement while the movement is still ongoing.

Unpredicatbility of markets is actually what my EA is based on. Surprise data releases and unexpected policy decisions (which are more than frequent in the structurally flawed US and EU economies) trigger sharp price readjustments which my algo rides. In about half of all cases, the price establishes new support/resistance levels (that's where my bot's trades hit a greater TP) and in the other half of cases, the price fails to do so and retraces (that's where my bot's trades hit a smaller SL).

In the former case, the price does not establish the new levels instantaneously, as not all major market participants are in the market at the same time (mind the time zones) and they don't make their decisions momentarily. So this allows for the price readjustment attempts to be spotted half-way and for trades to be entered in the direction of the strong price movement while the movement is still ongoing.

Oh, I see now... Well, this does look like a nice strategy. Though I can't say I completely understand how exactly do you define movement while it's still in action. With that being said, I rarely understand why and how algos work at all, so no big surprise there :)

Oh, I see now... Well, this does look like a nice strategy. Though I can't say I completely understand how exactly do you define movement while it's still in action. With that being said, I rarely understand why and how algos work at all, so no big surprise there :)
That's one thing I cannot disclose - how exactly my algo detects the ongoing strong price movement. Yet without going into much detail, it's clear the EA measures and compares the price change over a period of time.

That being said, thank you for a constructive conversation. That's exactly what I appreciate in my journal.

I do realize some (hopefully, rather few) other forum members might grow increasingly psychotic over time as the algo continues to profit contrary to their own trading experience and, hence, expectations. They might go as far as scream scam (even though nothing is offered to them here), resort to personal attacks, beg for the code, offer money for it, or demonstrate their financial desperation in a variety of other humiliating ways. Three things they don't understand:

1. Forex (and speculative trading overall) is the last place a financially desperate person should find themselves in.

2. If one has a truly profitable algo, they don't need to sell it retail. I might sell it privately to some fund or find a way to make it publicly available for free but never mass-sell it retail online. Only loser bots get sold that way as there can be no other use of them.

3. People who trade with their own money owe others nothing.

It is sad that slick salesmen present trading as a carousel of repetitive markets where anyone can get rich beyond their wildest dreams in no time. Many fall for their traps, get ripped off, dig deeper, and end up in places like this forum. For a lack of better things to do, they engage in lengthy and pointless verbal arguments which flood the forums in place of constructive conversations.

For one, I don't bother attacking others' trading approaches. I can say it won't work IMO but would never bother going into great lengths on the matter over weeks and pages despite the actually posted live results. Successful traders are busy trading, not quarreling. If they want to document their success and/or establish a track record, they start a journal. Others may follow and comment but what's the point of attacking a diary?

Many fall for their traps, get ripped off, dig deeper, and end up in places like this forum. For a lack of better things to do, they engage in lengthy and pointless verbal arguments which flood the forums in place of constructive conversations.

That's true. Sad thing is, such forums are also where beginning traders trying to find wisdom of the crowd or professionals end up. And they get educated by those unlucky traders you've mentioned, which leads to quite disastrous results for them. I feel like the more complicated markets and trading become, the harder it is for a newcomer to even start, let alone actually succeed.

An excellent point. Those loser traders are bucketshops' best asset. Instead of simply leaving the game, they keep losing because they believe they can learn how to trade eventually this way. Moreover, they start seeing themselves as "experienced traders" and go on "educating" those desperate newbies eager to start ASAP to fill the gap between their income and expenses. Profitable traders who clearly know what they are doing feel no need to educate anyone - they just stay busy trading. It's a vicious cycle of desperation, stupidity, and greed that bucketshops so joyously prey on for many years.