Part Time to Full Time Trader

Well its been two years in the making !

Live Account blow ups and untold Demo Trading but finally ready to give it a shot.

STARTING APRIL 2011

I will be using Smart Live Markets to trade.

April will be Demo month

May I will go LIVE

I will not be giving trade calls but all my trades will be on MyFXBook links which will be updated below.

See my new Blog, click link below.

See you in April 2011 :smart:

Good luck mate. It's easier go work....seriously.

Well its been two years in the making !

Live Account blow ups and untold Demo Trading but finally ready to give it a shot.

STARTING APRIL 2011

I will be using Smart Live Markets to trade.

April will be Demo month

May I will go LIVE

I will not be giving trade calls but all my trades will be on MyFXBook links which will be updated below.

See my new Blog, click link below.

See you in April 2011 :smart:

JD

I wish you well, but I would add that if you are really serious about it then you should be giving your trading your TOTAL focus and not having one eye on maintaining your blogs etc.

Of course your audience is interested in how you go, but our interest is insignificant set against your success. I shudder at the trades I've missed or mucked up because of modding on T2W, but they don't matter all that much because I'm not trading for a living - you will be.

Just let us know how you're going from time to time.

good trading

jon

JD

I wish you well, but I would add that if you are really serious about it then you should be giving your trading your TOTAL focus and not having one eye on maintaining your blogs etc.

Of course your audience is interested in how you go, but our interest is insignificant set against your success. I shudder at the trades I've missed or mucked up because of modding on T2W, but they don't matter all that much because I'm not trading for a living - you will be.

Just let us know how you're going from time to time.

good trading

jon

Yes I have noticed that myself so I will only be on TW2 when I have completed trading for the session.
I'm not doing TW2 or blog to gather an audience to say LOOK AT ME it is more about if I can do it then so can you.
Plus with other traders watching and engaging with the trading community I feel this will continue to help in my trading.

Thanks for the heads up and I will definitely take on board your advice (y)

Full Time Trader

Well looks like my plan to move from Demo to Part Time Trader have had to be changed

9th May I lose my job and Company Car

So now I'm getting things ready to trade FULL TIME from 10th May

I'm not starting with the balance I wanted or the back up of a job but I did not plan to lose my job either.

I'm braking all the rules but I'm going to give Trading a good go before I look for a job, hopefully I won't have to and I'll trade forever more. No doubt the forum trolls with mock me but I'm going to give it a go.

More updates to follow

Start 10th May 2011 :eek:

No offense, but you haven't shown any consistency whatsoever so far, it's fine when it's small amounts and you have a job, but you're gonna bugger things up if you do this. I'm sorry you lost your job, that sucks man, but you're not gonna all of a sudden, with the immense pressure of HAVING to make money, turn into an expert.

At the very least, trade something that's pretty high win rate, the sunday night gap on some fx pairs is good(while continuing to refine your trading on a demo/small size)

No offense, but you haven't shown any consistency whatsoever so far, it's fine when it's small amounts and you have a job, but you're gonna bugger things up if you do this. I'm sorry you lost your job, that sucks man, but you're not gonna all of a sudden, with the immense pressure of HAVING to make money, turn into an expert.

At the very least, trade something that's pretty high win rate, the sunday night gap on some fx pairs is good(while continuing to refine your trading on a demo/small size)

No offence taken :cool: I will only be trading Forex

Yep it was not my plan to start this way but I'm going to try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n0YZdKjBCY

Inspiration indeed !

Life is to short.......I lost my job but its just a job

If you never try you'll never know

I know I'm not fully ready

But

I'll take the cards dealt and give it my best shot............:)

JD, I admire your enthusiasm but think about the pressure you will face, I gather you will be severely undercapitalised and therefore how can you make a living without risking huge % of your account each trade ? - Its not a good idea. It more the damage it can do to your mind in the long term...if you blow up it will set you back and may effect your future trading....I should know !!!

JD, I admire your enthusiasm but think about the pressure you will face, I gather you will be severely undercapitalised and therefore how can you make a living without risking huge % of your account each trade ? - Its not a good idea. It more the damage it can do to your mind in the long term...if you blow up it will set you back and may effect your future trading....I should know !!!

Thanks and yes we have all been there. I will be severely under-capitalised but first goal is to protect capital and grow account.

Why not swing trade?
Yes with a larger balance I trade short and long term trades but at the start I'll mostly be scalping with no over nights unless I have positive swap and defiantly no over weekends

Good luck mate, ignore all the people who say trading is impossible... just use what you have learned and give it your best shot.. every day is a new day, and you can be anything you want to be with correct focus and application

Good luck mate, ignore all the people who say trading is impossible... just use what you have learned and give it your best shot.. every day is a new day, and you can be anything you want to be with correct focus and application

Thank you Doomberg :clap: