FREE end of day data

Free EOD data's compatibility with Amibroker

Hi,

Has anyone tried using Amibroker with the free Yahoo EOD data or another free data service? If so, I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Someone I know rated it as "clunky" and "difficult to use". If you've fared better, please tell me how you did it.

Cheers.

rap2win said:
Hi,

Has anyone tried using Amibroker with the free Yahoo EOD data or another free data service? If so, I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Someone I know rated it as "clunky" and "difficult to use". If you've fared better, please tell me how you did it.

Cheers.

I use it on a regular base. Together with the free companion program (Amiquote) it works like a charm. It can be used not only EOD, but also as a "pseudo-near RT" by automatically updating 1 min data from the free (15min delayed) yahoo feed.

Regards

Hittfeld

Hittfeld said:
I use it on a regular base. Together with the free companion program (Amiquote) it works like a charm. It can be used not only EOD, but also as a "pseudo-near RT" by automatically updating 1 min data from the free (15min delayed) yahoo feed.

Regards

Hittfeld

Thanks for that, Hittfeld. I now know that it's worth going ahead with a trial myself.

HQuote Pro program

I have used HQuote Pro to download free EOD Metastock historical data and data updates for about 1.5 years. It costs about $60 if I remember correctly and it's free downloads after that. It downloads daily,weekly, monthly and intraday data. Here's the FAQ link to their site:

http://www.hquotes.com/hquote_pro6/faq.html