FREE end of day data

brownie3

45 1
EOD Omnitrader

Hi, I am new to trading and this is my first post. Can anyone tell me how to transfer EOD data to Omnitrader from the www.eoddata site. I am looking to trade FTSE; S&P; Industry sectors; Indices and Commodities. Any advice will be appriciated.

pttrader

229 9
brownie3 said:
Thanks for that pttrader.
Your welcome. The only problem is unless you buy a 2 year license for 29.98 (which is cheap enough) you will have to keep downloading the free version every 2 to 4 weeks. The program takes a little effort to learn it but once you do it is straight forward and easy to download, convert, and export in a useable ascii format for several different trading software. It also works well with my software that I developed for daytrading/swingtrading stocks and commodities/futures. Have any questions you may contact me at [email protected]

Pttrader

stevecartwright

51 1
I have been using this site for a number of weeks with the email option. My observations are that:
a) the data is poor quality seems to be way out when compared to Yahoo, whixh is all I can do now, and b) the delivery is extremely poor. e.g. some daye no data in the email attachments other days there are missing codes. Only today the DJI was missing until I manually downloaded. I was using Sharescope and I am seriously thinking about going back. Only issue is I want USA data as well which SS doesn't provide.

rap2win

28 1
Free EOD data's compatibility with Amibroker

Hi,

Has anyone tried using Amibroker with the free Yahoo EOD data or another free data service? If so, I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Someone I know rated it as "clunky" and "difficult to use". If you've fared better, please tell me how you did it.

Cheers.

Hittfeld

437 12
rap2win said:
Hi,

Has anyone tried using Amibroker with the free Yahoo EOD data or another free data service? If so, I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Someone I know rated it as "clunky" and "difficult to use". If you've fared better, please tell me how you did it.

Cheers.

I use it on a regular base. Together with the free companion program (Amiquote) it works like a charm. It can be used not only EOD, but also as a "pseudo-near RT" by automatically updating 1 min data from the free (15min delayed) yahoo feed.

Regards

Hittfeld

rap2win

28 1
Hittfeld said:
I use it on a regular base. Together with the free companion program (Amiquote) it works like a charm. It can be used not only EOD, but also as a "pseudo-near RT" by automatically updating 1 min data from the free (15min delayed) yahoo feed.

Regards

Hittfeld

Thanks for that, Hittfeld. I now know that it's worth going ahead with a trial myself.

bhippo

1 0
HQuote Pro program

I have used HQuote Pro to download free EOD Metastock historical data and data updates for about 1.5 years. It costs about $60 if I remember correctly and it's free downloads after that. It downloads daily,weekly, monthly and intraday data. Here's the FAQ link to their site:

http://www.hquotes.com/hquote_pro6/faq.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock