"LiveCharts" from Quote.com

Pippppin

Quote.com (Lycos) offer a charting package called "LiveCharts" for $9.95 per month + $4 per month for the NYSE and NASDAQ exchanges. There is a 14 day "free" trial, but to sign up a credit card is needed. More expensive packages are available.

This provides a basic charting package with real-time exchange data, and the facility to export the data to ASCII or EXCEL format.

Has anybody had experience of Quote.com? Is the service reliable? Do they bill correctly? Is it possible to communicate easily with them.

I am wary of signing up for an unreliable service, and spending too much time and energy chasing up billing errors in an effort to retrieve my money.

I used to use LiveCharts,a couple of years ago, the service was reliable, I did find them difficult to communicate with by e-mail, they were not very helpful on the one or two occaisions I used that route. Their billing was accurate and correct. It is very basic, be sure how basic your needs are. Is a bit of a bandwidth hogger particularly if you are running more than 1 or 2 charts, which would be a problem if you are on dialup.

I recently signed up to Live Charts, really as an intermediate step between having very little, as ws my previous position, until such time as I can make a more educated decision regarding the way I'm going to go forward vis a vis charting/ scanners.

In the initial sign up for the trial they request your billing details but don't take anything from your account. When your free period is up they rely on you making the payment rather extracting the money from you regardless which seems fair enough to me.

It serves my purposes fine at the moment as a newbie:
- who's been through the process of having tried out all sorts of indicators and come out the other side and
- who realises that the key thing to do is to focus only on price action and volume. If that is all you're after, then fine; if not look elsewhere.

I have just signed up for the $9.95 trial in the hope that I could use the live data stream with 3'rd party s/w for daytrading - you can't!!! A straightforward question to their helpdesk was followed up 24hrs later with a vague and unhelpful answer. A quick search with google found the answer (qcharts is required..). So no, I can't say I'm very impressed with Quote.com.

omelette said:
I have just signed up for the $9.95 trial in the hope that I could use the live data stream with 3'rd party s/w for daytrading - you can't!!! A straightforward question to their helpdesk was followed up 24hrs later with a vague and unhelpful answer. A quick search with google found the answer (qcharts is required..). So no, I can't say I'm very impressed with Quote.com.

Just so there's no misunderstanding the trial is free for 14 days. Thereafter you pay $9.95 a month. :)

Enhanced LiveCharts

If you haven't tried it lately you should there are lot's of new features to both LiveCharts and Quote.com. Read below for more information.

eSIGNAL ANNOUNCES REDESIGNED, UPGRADED LIVECHARTS

Enhanced LiveCharts Links With Quote.com’s Streaming, Real-time Data Feeds
And Now Charts International Markets, Popular Currency Spot Markets, Includes Enhanced Features, Add-Ons, a Fresh Design, and Runs Entirely on the eSignal Data Network.

HAYWARD, Calif.—Feb. 5, 2008—eSignal, the desktop solutions division of Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC) and a leading provider of streaming, real-time financial market data, news, analytics and decision-support tools for professional and individual traders, today announced upgrades to its LiveCharts® product. Dramatically redesigned, LiveCharts is more feature-rich and powerful than ever. LiveCharts offers users Web 2.0 functionality via eSignal’s social networking site and also links with the newly enhanced Quote.com. Running entirely on eSignal’s data network, LiveCharts is powered by PlusFeedSM data, a low latency, consolidated data feed service from Interactive Data Real-Time Services.

LiveCharts is an easy-to-use, java-based application that provides a window into financial markets by presenting streaming charts, portfolios and real-time news on any Web browser. With this upgrade, LiveCharts now includes a new, customizable modular interface, major international stock exchanges, the popular currency spot market Forex, in addition to data for major U.S. stocks, options and futures markets. This LiveCharts upgrade also doubles the number of technical studies and line tools available to users. In addition, many powerful new add-ons are available, including Option Chains, Market Depth, Premium News as well as QuoTrek®, a mobile product that brings real-time quotes, charts and news to users of BlackBerries, Smartphones and other handheld devices.

“We are excited to share the next generation of LiveCharts with our users,” said Chuck Thompson, president of eSignal. “This version of LiveCharts is impressive because of its elegant interface and new features that allow anyone to easily track their portfolios, charts and news in real-time.”

Along with new tools, new market data and a redesigned interface, eSignal is combining the LiveCharts and LiveCharts Plus products into one package priced at $19.95 per month or $16.95 per month if pre-paid annually. Private label solutions are also available.

With LiveCharts, the streaming charts are full-featured, update in real-time and allow the user to determine style, size and scale. Charts are displayable in several formats, and 18 different technical studies are available for analysis of price movement. Hot Lists alert users to significant activity; trends, including gainers and losers; heavy call and put activity; stocks with unusually high volume; and more. A detailed Quote Window displays current bid and ask, volume and tick volume. Users can also select a Time and Sales display to see trades in real-time.

New Features:

• Web 2.0 level collaboration between financial services platforms
• Completely redesigned look and feel with powerful, easy-to-use, customizable interface
• Major international exchanges and Forex spot currency market
• Faster data delivery
• Add-ons such as Option Chains, Market Depth, Premium News and QuoTrek
• More advanced charting allows for unlimited number of indicators and lines
• Private label solutions available

Availability:

Full product information is available at Welcome to the LiveCharts Product Site!. LiveCharts is also marketed on eSignal’s financial portal site, Quote.com - Your Source for Financial Markets Quotes, Charts, News and Education.

Quote.com (Lycos) offer a charting package called "LiveCharts" for $9.95 per month + $4 per month for the NYSE and NASDAQ exchanges. There is a 14 day "free" trial, but to sign up a credit card is needed. More expensive packages are available.

This provides a basic charting package with real-time exchange data, and the facility to export the data to ASCII or EXCEL format.

Has anybody had experience of Quote.com? Is the service reliable? Do they bill correctly? Is it possible to communicate easily with them.

I am wary of signing up for an unreliable service, and spending too much time and energy chasing up billing errors in an effort to retrieve my money.