Free backtesting tool

lbranjord

Hey T2W,

I've coded a backtesting tool I'd like to share. Here's the product:

Dataghost (takes 77kb)
------------------
Stays on top of charts
logs two prices long or short and calculates the difference
is partially transparent (so you can somewhat see the chart behind it)
exports a .txt document with your win/loss ratio, all wins, all losses, averages, sums
It is a stand alone .exe file and is very lightweight. I made it for myself but thought others may like it.
------------------

Download the .zip file on your desktop and change the extension back to .exe. (it's only 77kb, does not need compression!)

If you have qualms with using a third-party .exe I'll assure you, all this thing does is make one folder, do your math for you and create .txt files at your request. It does not install itself and if you slide it into the recycle bin, it's gone forever.

Handy app, enjoy it!

Attachments

• dataghost.zip
    77 KB · Views: 289
i can't seem to open it. I change the extension to .exe but i get the message file is invalid. any hints ?

i can't seem to open it. I change the extension to .exe but i get the message file is invalid. any hints ?

Are you sure you didn't just add an extension because the extensions aren't visible on your PC.

For instance, if you download it and it's called dataghost, it may really be dataghost.zip. If you added an extension it would have been dataghost.exe.zip, which wouldn't work.

If that's not the case, send me your email address and I'll try through there. I have a bunch of students I'm working with and they were able to open it that way. maybe uploading it does something to it...

Thanks man, PM me your email and I'll get it to you.

I've downloaded an it is indeed a .zip file, and although i change the extension to .exe it still won't open it. I'll PM you my email address.

It's not a zip file - it's just an .exe file renamed.

If you rename it again by changing "zip" to "exe" it will work no problem.

Anyone got any feedback before i download!?

BBPI said he got it working...

Only error I"ve found is if you send it an empty price value it throws an exception, but you can just click continue and won't lose any data. Windows Vista won't even throw the error. I'll fix it and upload another one someday soon.

Updated File

Here is the updated version.

It blocks you from making stupid mistakes on entry of the price
doesn't put in a default file name
always scrolls to the bottom
Includes RESET button
shows the number of records entered, so if your goal was to test 100 bars, you could see this easily
All this at the expense of another 2kb. It's now 79kb

Anyway, download this and change the .zip extension to .exe

It's NOT A ZIP FILE DONT TRY TO UNZIP IT :LOL:

Attachments

• dataghostv2.zip
    79.5 KB · Views: 281
Yep, free. Hope it works out for you. I use automation usually now but I got a lot of miles out of this Dataghost app.