Diskeeper 9.......FREE?

oatman

Diskeeper 9 and Backup Now 4. I found this on PcPitstop for all you Diskeeper fans:

"Diskeeper Lite 9! To get it you need to download the full version (89MB) of Intel Desktop Utilities. Once downloaded, run the exe to unzip its contents into a folder of your choice. In the directory tree created you will find these folders: .../3rdparty/Diskeeper/ and .../3rdpartyDiskeeper.64/. Works great and the new Performance tab is excellent. In the Readme_EN.txt and in the License Agreement I didn't find any rules prohibiting downloading and using this program (on a single computer), therefore I am assuming there aren't any."

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/software/idu/

It won't install on my laptop :( but some of you will be able to use these. ;)

Last edited:
Nice one Oatman, tried installing the whole thing only to remember I didn't have an Intel M/B which annoyed the installer somewhat. Installed Diskeeper from the subdir and it is now happily defragging my whole drive - which was recently defragged by the built in XP utility and given a clean bill of health.

Cheers

Stew

Good job :D ......I tried various ways to install but it didn't want to know. :rolleyes: Might have another look later ;)

Hi Oatman,
this sounds like another one of your great finds!
Just for a cautious operator like myself, are you suggesting downloading the whole Intel thing and then extracting just the diskeeper parts, then deleting all the rest afterwards. If so could you suggest a foolproof method for a fool such as myself? :LOL:
Obviously I'll be creating a restore point beforehand - I'm not that foolish - I was once but no more!
I have a Toshie P30 with an Intel HT thingy btw.
Cheers
Q

Download all of it then follow the instructions in my first post and only install Diskeeper. As you say, make a Restore Point first, and you should be OK. I haven't installed it. I'm getting error messages. :rolleyes: