ForexMorningTrade System

I am like you, I am now wanting to try the three start time system and have no idea how it is done.
THe reason I am eager to try something else is because I want to see some action on this demo account. I have been running FMT EA 4.3 since March 26th and have 2 trades in total since then, so I have tried resetting my inputs a couple of times.
I began with a demo $1000 account at Alpari UK and it is now at $1035, but that is better than my $ 1200TD webbroker stock market account , which I started two months ago and is now down
over $200 on 4 gold and silver mining stocks (this during an incredible bull run on precious metals!)

Maybe my timing for starting FMT was just off , and things will improve, but I am off to a slow start with FMT and might want to try Hammy's system.

To trade more than one FMT signal on your platform, you need an M15 chart for each timeframe that you want to trade, along with the FMT EA. Also, change the Magic Number slightly on each EA, otherwise you will get error messages/conflicts.

I am like you, I am now wanting to try the three start time system and have no idea how it is done.
THe reason I am eager to try something else is because I want to see some action on this demo account. I have been running FMT EA 4.3 since March 26th and have 2 trades in total since then, so I have tried resetting my inputs a couple of times.
I began with a demo $1000 account at Alpari UK and it is now at $1035, but that is better than my $ 1200TD webbroker stock market account , which I started two months ago and is now down
over $200 on 4 gold and silver mining stocks (this during an incredible bull run on precious metals!)

Maybe my timing for starting FMT was just off , and things will improve, but I am off to a slow start with FMT and might want to try Hammy's system.

This is the point behind the FMT parameters, to keep us out of questionable trades... we don't want "action" on demo or real accounts when our "edge" isn't present. I'd be thankful you only have a few trades since that date !

sandbird,

actually, I only went back to the 3 start times March 14, with these settings. Before that I only used 6:30 and 6:15 for awhile. All my results are posted here every day, however I can tell you that in last 4 weeks, since March 14 my results are:

6:15 start, 272 pips
6:30 start, 370 pips
6:45 start, 240 pips
Total +882 pips in last 4 weeks, and already +110 pips this week.

cheers !..:cheesy:

Thanks for the data
sandbird ... :LOL:

Oops, and different magic numbers! :eek:

Hi. Do you have to have an non-US broker to trade multi timeframe? What if u get a buy on one and a sell on the other/s? Wouldn't this cause any trade violations? Thanks.

Hi. Do you have to have an non-US broker to trade multi timeframe? What if u get a buy on one and a sell on the other/s? Wouldn't this cause any trade violations? Thanks.

No. As long as the magic numbers are different and the start time is different, you are OK with different charts in the same MT4. I have 2 MT4 sessions open because I have 2 different trades that start 6:30. You get problems with the same start times in one MT4 session.

Thanks but it dosen't work
It show me this error: Cannot open trade, context is permanently busy.
If you can explain me exactly how you do it... :)

Are the start times different? I they are then I don't know. If they aren't then you need multiple installs of MT4.

No. As long as the magic numbers are different and the start time is different, you are OK with different charts in the same MT4. I have 2 MT4 sessions open because I have 2 different trades that start 6:30. You get problems with the same start times in one MT4 session.

ok.. it's good to know that US residents can also take advantage of this idea (using FMT on multi-timeframes). However, doesn't the New regulations don't allow you to hedge ? (Buy and Sell ORders on the same pair)?

To elaborate: let's say that your 6:15 gives you a buy and your 6:30 gives you a sell (assume that the first order is still OPEN) this will result in a conflict (US customers only, as the new regulations won't allow you to open the 2nd order) Am I wrong?

Results of the last 100 trades, which span 6 months exactly, and include Christmas, in my records:

35TP/40SL/ BE @20 495
35TP/40SL no BE 505
40/40 BE@ 20 600
40/40 no BE 720
10/40 no BE 650
28/40 no BE 536
and a pilot I'm running +894

Fun isn't it!

this +894 pilot ??? will you be so nice to share it with us ?
thanks

Just bought FMT and I'm at EST so I have to use the EA as I'm sleeping.
I'm using the recommended settings: 35TP, 40SL and 20BE
Here are the results:

Sunday night 11 Apr: no trade.

Monday night 12 Apr: stopped out at BE.

Moneymanagement chose 0.11 lot for my live account with IamFX.
- kicker is I woke up at 3am and saw $30 profit which I could have closed on. In my sleepy haze figured I would leave it alone to see what would happen :eek:

Should the recommended settings be changed for now or left 'as is'? Any thoughts?

FYI, posted today from Marc's trading journal:

A comment to the recent wave of Break Evens
It is already 5th or 6th trade where we got very close to the profit (1-3 pips), but then the trade reversed and we
ended up with BE (0 pips).
I don’t believe in any broker conspiracy or stops hunting, we are too small players for that. In my opinion it is just
a coincidence and bad luck, but I think there’s nothing wrong about temporarily decreasing PT/SL
by 5 pips to 30/35 to get a bigger chance of hitting the profit.
I personally won’t do it, but any of you using my system can consider it.

Thanks Zorba, It looks like one has to pay for it unless you have a live account with their list of brokers. I used a demo account with alpari for meta trader and trade with IG Index.

True - IG Index have their own mobile tools though:
http://m.igindex.co.uk/m/smartphone-dealing.html

and click on the Android bit.

For Alpari, you might want to try this:
http://www.alpari-forex.com/en/proj...tm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atrader_28032011

Uberpips suggestion for www.mt4remote.com is a good one too, although you need to leave MT4 running on a PC for it to work.

Some of the ForexOnTheGo brokers (e.g. SLM) work on demo too.

HTH

In your experience so far is it often that you have a take profit when we are BE.

I have not really kept track, but it happened quite a few times this year already. At times the rest would get 35 and I only 30, making me want to change to 35/40 again, but I think I'll stick to 30/40 for a while until the market has normalised a little. I do think that in the long run it doesn't make too much of a difference whether you trade TP30 or TP35 ...

I have reviewed each days prices, and it appears that the EA uses the 5:15 candle for decisions for Interbank FX (GMT +1). That's exactly how I had the EA set up, yet on 4/12 it didn't take the short trade. What did I do wrong? I'm new wth FMT abd I need help.

I have reviewed each days prices, and it appears that the EA uses the 5:15 candle for decisions for Interbank FX (GMT +1). That's exactly how I had the EA set up, yet on 4/12 it didn't take the short trade. What did I do wrong? I'm new wth FMT abd I need help.

Welcome Marv. Sometimes the indicators are not lined up properly, but this morning they were. The signal comes from the conditions at the close of the 6:15 bar (UK time) yes. You might check your Journal and Experts tabs to make sure there were no problems recorded there.

FMT for me this morning (55-35-25-5)

6:15 start, signal sell trade, hit TP +35 pips.
6:30 start, signal sell trade, hit BE +5 pips.
6:45 start, signal sell trade, hit TP +35 pips.

total today +75 pips..

weekly total +110 pips..

a good example today of the merit of 3 start times..

Ditto on my ThinkForex demo account - nice one hammy - i might use these settings with my live SLM account - Cheers:)