ForexMorningTrade System

Sasqatch: Tomorrow is Manufacturing Production m/m news and GBP Official Bank rate decision day be careful with trading live with both news releases coming out tomorrow.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I will be working off a demo account for a few days,

Going forward I intend to use MT4 only for signals and place trades on an SB platform . Anybody here using the combination? I'd be interested in knowing what to look out for?

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff, I will be working off a demo account for a few days,

Going forward I intend to use MT4 only for signals and place trades on a spreadbetting platform (IG Index) . Anybody here using the combination? I'd be interested in knowing what to look out for?
IF you're trading manually:
1) Make sure you're on time
2) If you're not on time, or there's slippage on entering your trade, probably best to set your stops exactly to the price on the opening of the candle, not to your own entry prices if they aren't so good
3) make sure you're looking at the 15m chart and none others else the FMT indicators won't give the right readings
4) make sure you enter your trade the right way. Easy in manual trading to press sell when you meant to buy
5) set your stops immediately after opening your trade
6) do the same thing every day for the same reasons. Accept there are some days when you won't get a signal, and that's not always a bad thing. Today was almost no trade, and it might have been better if that was the call we all had as it wasn't one of our better days

FMT for me today:

6:00 start, buy trade, hit TP +20 pips
6:15 start, buy trade, hit TP +26 pips
6:30 start, buy trade, hit BE+5 pips
6:45 start, buy trade, hit TP +26 pips

total profit +77 pips ..

Total so far this week +49 pips.

Yes, Alpari and others sl -40 today

Results for the last 100 trades,

at my settings of 28tp/40sl +760

at 40tp/40sl +640

If you began with £1000 or $1000 and rolled it up with 5% risk per trade, on 28TP/40SL settings you'd now be at 2,385 and that includes all the bad trades around Christmas and New Year.

Doesn't seem too bad in just 6 months, all for the sake of following the signals blind. :D

Looking at the last 200 trades, which have arisen since January 2010
at 28tp/40sl, net gain 1860 pips.

1,000 invested then, and traded daily at 5% risk, would now be compounded to 8,733 :clap:

hi,
tadawulfx -40 pips
fxcm -40
alpari uk -40 (n)

They just did it to go after stops, when the Eur/Usd broke the current hourly high at 1.3661 and dipped right back dipping to retest the same area, that is when they use that move to take out GBP/USD stops . Now with the EUR/USD leading the GBP/USD and retesting yesterdays high at 1.3687 area.

and if the EUR/USD is able to over take the 1.3720, its just going to pull the GBP/USD up above the 1.6102 area and going to play catch up to the upside to match the EUR/USD move.

Baring any unforeseen news, when these pairs are not correlated we seems to always get this whip saw action. Just have to be one step ahead of them.

Attachments

• T2W Feb 09 Eur-Usd.png
    T2W Feb 09 Eur-Usd.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 221
They just did it to go after stops - Baring any unforeseen news, when these pairs are not correlated we seems to always get this whip saw action. Just have to be one step ahead of them.

Makes you think this camel market is controlled by the devil :(

Here you have ;)

I have been fascinated by your findings, many thanks for your research on potential 2010 returns from various settings.

Obviously we have to be cautious due to imperfect modelling quality

Whilst everyone can see your own settings are having a brilliant run in the last 7 weeks, as per your separate posts, it has to be said from this spreadsheet that Mark's original settings (40TP/40SL)are still worthy of merit. (I hope subsequent amendments would also improve on them!) And there's only a difference of about 10 per cent in the net profit between the best and worst of the 9 settings tested.

So much can be debated about these numbers, and it really depends what Key Performance Indicators matter most to you personally. And whether you're in it for income or capital gain.

* To accept a higher SL eg 68 would make you consider departing from a fixed % risk per trade else you'd have to reduce your lot size and that would handicap your profit.

* Break even resets in theory should lead to less drawdown, higher profit factors and smoother equity curves.

I'm happy to stay as I am for the time being but I'm keeping things under review with intention only to make amendments based on reliable data from at least 200 trades.

What we can all agree is that FMT is potentially a very profitable system, and we hope it continues in that way.

Trading on Alpari. I've anticipated entering trades at 6:30 (with TMT also), 6:15. But i only got trade at 6:15. Checked the Experts and Journal tab. There is no errors. And FMT EA in comments tag wrote : Error Cannot open trade, context is permanently busy.

Hey, 40,
how's this problem going for you? I have had it both nights since i restarted fmt...I trade on thecollectivefx...
last night I put the ea on default charts without the fmt indicator...still had the same message and no trade except the first one.

I have finally got around to using the EA on a demo account with SLM. Can someone advise about how to keep the trade going? I went off to work today at 8.15 with it still going. I left my computer running but closed the metatrader. Come home this evening to find the trade still running!! It should have been stopped out.
from A Slow Learner!!

I have finally got around to using the EA on a demo account with SLM. Can someone advise about how to keep the trade going? I went off to work today at 8.15 with it still going. I left my computer running but closed the metatrader. Come home this evening to find the trade still running!! It should have been stopped out.
from A Slow Learner!!
If you're using the stealth features then you need to keep your MT4 terminal open the entire time.

Yes, Alpari and others sl -40 today

Results for the last 100 trades,

at my settings of 28tp/40sl +760

at 40tp/40sl +640

If you began with £1000 or $1000 and rolled it up with 5% risk per trade, on 28TP/40SL settings you'd now be at 2,385 and that includes all the bad trades around Christmas and New Year.

Doesn't seem too bad in just 6 months, all for the sake of following the signals blind. :D

Looking at the last 200 trades, which have arisen since January 2010
at 28tp/40sl, net gain 1860 pips.

1,000 invested then, and traded daily at 5% risk, would now be compounded to 8,733 :clap:

Hi Wise. Do you use BE settings of 20?

They just did it to go after stops, when the Eur/Usd broke the current hourly high at 1.3661 and dipped right back dipping to retest the same area, that is when they use that move to take out GBP/USD stops . Now with the EUR/USD leading the GBP/USD and retesting yesterdays high at 1.3687 area.

and if the EUR/USD is able to over take the 1.3720, its just going to pull the GBP/USD up above the 1.6102 area and going to play catch up to the upside to match the EUR/USD move.

Baring any unforeseen news, when these pairs are not correlated we seems to always get this whip saw action. Just have to be one step ahead of them.

Thanks for the interesting post Deatil.

You mentioned going after stops, would you be so kind as to give me your opinion on the stealth settings for the FMT EA as I have switched from manual to EA this week.

In the PDF regarding stealth mode it says "if you'll set BrokerProfitTargetPips = 50 and HidenProfitTargetPips=40, the EA will place Profit Target to 50 pips (broker will see that), but the trade will be closed when it reaches the 40 pips."

I would have thought it would be better to set the BrokerProfitTargetPips to say 30 because if they are hunting stops and going for 50 the HPTP of 40 would be hit anyway.

Hi Wise. Do you use BE settings of 20?

Hi, no, these results are without any BE resetting. I don't have enough information yet to go back that far to tell you what difference BE resetting might give. Generally I would expect a smoother equity curve, because of fewer losses, however sometimes it prevents trades going to eventual TP. At some point in the future I intend to be able to share results to include BE resets