ForexMorningTrade System

Most people seem to be focusing on the various exit points of this EA as a way of improving its results.

Why is no-one looking at the Entry point.? We know that the Entry is based on the Momentum and CCI. But maybe the Entry criteria is off-target?

What is the number of 15 minute bars used for the Momentum and CCI to trigger the Buy or Sell entry? I have looked through the FMT paperwork from Mark Fric but cannot see the exact breakdown for the Entry criteria

The number in the setting relates to the number of candles.

I have studied the entries too and suggested an alternative indicator but MF doesn't think it's an better in the long term, indeed that mine might be better in times of a poor market but his might still win overall. But something has definitely changed in the way the market behaves at the start of the London session (or before it opens). We don't know if it is a permanent change, however all the signs are that FMT no longer works in its present format. Hammy has tweaked his exit settings, so have I, and have gained some benefit, but nothing works as well as it used to. In July and August it was fair to say volume was affected by holiday season, but FMT did not do well in September when that was no longer a valid excuse, and October has started off badly too. (another loss today).

Mark Fric used to comment on performance and settings, but he has been very quiet lately. The graph of his results hasn't been updated for September yet. The graph has been a flat line for 6 months, unlike the previous 27. I bet if it had been a convincing good performance it would have been done by now!

The number in the setting relates to the number of candles.

I have studied the entries too and suggested an alternative indicator but MF doesn't think it's an better in the long term, indeed that mine might be better in times of a poor market but his might still win overall. But something has definitely changed in the way the market behaves at the start of the London session (or before it opens). We don't know if it is a permanent change, however all the signs are that FMT no longer works in its present format. Hammy has tweaked his exit settings, so have I, and have gained some benefit, but nothing works as well as it used to. In July and August it was fair to say volume was affected by holiday season, but FMT did not do well in September when that was no longer a valid excuse, and October has started off badly too. (another loss today).

Mark Fric used to comment on performance and settings, but he has been very quiet lately. The graph of his results hasn't been updated for September yet. The graph has been a flat line for 6 months, unlike the previous 27. I bet if it had been a convincing good performance it would have been done by now!
Yes Wise, I agree, I follow the graph and also day by day results, and it does seem that the graph is late in being updated and also it takes some time at the end of the month to fully get a picture of what the month turned out to be for Mark compared to my results..

FMT for today, (45-30-18) Pepperstone Razor (live)

6:15 London, GU, sell trade hit SL, -45 pips
6:45 London, EU, No Trade
8:45 NY, GU, No Trade

total today -45 pips
total this week +135 pips. (6 TP, 1 SL, 2 BE, 3 NT)

Short SL -38

V.surprised at the loss today considering what many were predicting (QE2) came true, I expected the market to be pricing this in this morning....on top of this, early house price data also came in bad, v.strange...managed to make £300 on the QE news though so I'm not complaining too much. :D

FMT: £856 (-14.4%)

Week: L W W L (BE)
October: BE

I didn't bother yesterday or this morning. Well done to those who did get a successful trade yesterday. I would have gone for 15 pips today, but sat on the forex fence instead. Would have been nice to have stayed in for the dive at 11am!

Most people seem to be focusing on the various exit points of this EA as a way of improving its results.

Why is no-one looking at the Entry point.? We know that the Entry is based on the Momentum and CCI. But maybe the Entry criteria is off-target?

What is the number of 15 minute bars used for the Momentum and CCI to trigger the Buy or Sell entry? I have looked through the FMT paperwork from Mark Fric but cannot see the exact breakdown for the Entry criteria

I have been asking the very same questions. (The info is not in any of the FMT downloads from MF). Unfortunately, unless we know the precise parameters for the entry, we can't tweak it to improve its performance.
It would be nice to know the parameters of the entry decision.

I have been asking the very same questions. (The info is not in any of the FMT downloads from MF). Unfortunately, unless we know the precise parameters for the entry, we can't tweak it to improve its performance.
It would be nice to know the parameters of the entry decision.

The number of 15 minute bars used is very clear in the indicator...unless I'm misunderstanding the question; it sounds like you're trying to get the system for free....

NT today.

FMT: £856 (-14.4%)
Week: L W W L NT (BE)
Oct: BE

6:15 London, GU, No Trade
6:45 London, EU, buy trade hit TP, +30 pips

total today +30 pips
total this week +165 pips. (7 TP, 1 SL, 2 BE, 5 NT)

a nice start to the month !

The number of 15 minute bars used is very clear in the indicator...unless I'm misunderstanding the question; it sounds like you're trying to get the system for free....

yes, if this is true , SHAME on you !!..(n)

FMT is a very reasonable price, and will pay for itself many times over.

I agree with you Andy, why else would you need to ask this question ?

6:15 London, GU, No Trade
6:45 London, EU, buy trade hit TP, +30 pips

total today +30 pips
total this week +165 pips. (7 TP, 1 SL, 2 BE, 5 NT)

a nice start to the month !

Great job Hammy!! I got 6:15, GU, no trade
6:45, EU,long trade,hit BE 0
8:45, GU,No trade...FXDD.Live EA.
Hammy; How are your spreads at Pepperstone? I lost out today because of the spread on FXDD.(n)

Last edited:
Great job Hammy!! I got 6:15, GU, no trade
6:45, EU,long trade,hit BE 0
8:45, GU,No trade...FXDD.Live EA.
Hammy; How are your spreads at Pepperstone? I lost out today because of the spread on FXDD.(n)

Hi joke ! thanks for your post.

Spreads with Pepperstone, razor (ECN) on GU are about 1, on EU less than 1,
You won't find a broker with lower spreads at this low a commission.

cheers !

Hi joke ! thanks for your post.

Spreads with Pepperstone, razor (ECN) on GU are about 1, on EU less than 1,
You won't find a broker with lower spreads at this low a commission.

cheers !

Thanks Hammy, I might just give them a try!!!:)

Thanks Hammy, I might just give them a try!!!:)

Ok, good timing because Pepper (Australian) just moved their servers to NY. As a fellow Canadian this is great because my VPS is in Atlanta so feeds and executions should be lightening fast !!

good luck, my friend !

Ok, good timing because Pepper (Australian) just moved their servers to NY. As a fellow Canadian this is great because my VPS is in Atlanta so feeds and executions should be lightening fast !!

good luck, my friend !

Does anyone know if Pepperstone are accepting US customers? I see that it's mentioned that their servers are moved to NY - does it mean the us US residents can become their clients?

Thanks.

good luck, my friend !

Thanks Hammy..Good to hear..I like FXDD, but the I find that due to the spreads, sometimes the trade goes against me..I might have to lower my TP..But I will look into Pepper. Good to hear about their spreads..What about their deposits and withdrawals..are they efficient? Thanks again Hammy..:)

60 and 60