ForexMorningTrade System

I have followed the arguments and experienced the same issue with using the EA on SLM...

To be fair, guys, SLM may be right when they say that it could have something to do with the latest build of MT4. I resisted using the latest build for a long time (weeks maybe) and only started having the issue after I upgraded.

Trading manually on MT4 or with the EA uses the same platform and the same processes to place an order. Both are being executed from MT4. I do not think you can use this argument against SLM. What it does prove is that it is not the EA that is the issue. I think that it may well have something to do with MT4 (new build). The only thing that concerns me is this seems to be only an issue dealing with SLM and not the other brokers.

This kind of issue may unfortunately take quite a while to be resolved, but I for one will give SLM a fair chance to resolve the issue before resorting to drastic measures, as long as I get the impression that things are moving forward in their efforts ...
:|

I don't understand your argument either. The problem started before the new MT4. It was SLM that suggested last Friday to download the new one a week after the problems started. Most of us did that and it made no difference.

Mike

Hi Hammy

As you seem to have been one of the longer serving members of FMT, do you have any stats on the total number of losing trades in a row to date.

I've seen about 5 or 6 losing trades in a row, I think around Feb or Mar of last year.

You probably have two sets of MT4 open, are you using a VPS?

Yes make sure you log on to the console.

Most people dont know this and they get burnt. Ctrl alt
End close down additional user.

This EA has done nothing for 6 weeks now or so.

The good news is drawdown is low so just stick with it people am gone it some time!

I've seen about 5 or 6 losing trades in a row, I think around Feb or Mar of last year.

Thanks, I only bought it 2/3 weeks ago, so wanted to get an idea of what I might have to expect, knowing my luck I will start off with 5/6 losing in a row.

For people who are wavering, this is a great quote I saw this morning, unfortunately I don't know who it is by. "For the one who continues failure becomes impossible, and winning inevitable".

Thanks, I only bought it 2/3 weeks ago, so wanted to get an idea of what I might have to expect, knowing my luck I will start off with 5/6 losing in a row.
:LOL: That is why I cringe when people risk more then 5% per trade. 5% X 5 bad trades in a row is a bad outcome. :eek:

You think so, yeah? (n)

Very Gentleman like having a dig in hind-site, so in future we shouldn't post in fear of people like you with silly remarks. Or maybe you could send your crystal ball over the pond so I can have a go. ;)

Some pages before there was a post (by wise, perhaps) about the outcome of trades initialized Wednesdays and the conclusion as that it is better not to trade on Wednesday. Is there anyone to make statistics about it?
Anyway -45 SL for me, too. I have to have 135 pips profit to get back to my initial equity.

Some pages before there was a post (by wise, perhaps) about the outcome of trades initialized Wednesdays and the conclusion as that it is better not to trade on Wednesday. Is there anyone to make statistics about it?
Anyway -45 SL for me, too. I have to have 135 pips profit to get back to my initial equity.

Hi yes it might have been me.
I noticed since 1/1/2011 that if I traded with the FMT recommended settings I'd have lost 140 pips in the addition of all Wednesdays. Whereas Thursdays is plus 245.

I don't think the experience of 20 weeks is enough to go on, but I have heard the expression "Wicked Wednesdays".

Hi Hammy

As you seem to have been one of the longer serving members of FMT, do you have any stats on the total number of losing trades in a row to date.

Andy,

I do not trade FMT during the December holidays or August and I only recall it losing 3 times in a row, then a BE and 2 more SLs, so 5 out of 6 days has been the worst I've seen. But to be fair , FMT has won 5 times in a row several times, that's why it's a keeper !..;)

cheers !:D

Andy,

I do not trade FMT during the December holidays or August and I only recall it losing 3 times in a row, then a BE and 2 more SLs, so 5 out of 6 days has been the worst I've seen. But to be fair , FMT has won 5 times in a row several times, that's why it's a keeper !..;)

cheers !:D

Hammy,

Just curious why you don't trade in August. I had heard that December and any holiday was bad but this is the first I've heard about August.

-45 pips for me also but I don't let a few down days take over my overall goal. Looking forward to the more profitable days and taking the down days as part of my learning experience.

Very Gentleman like having a dig in hind-site, so in future we shouldn't post in fear of people like you with silly remarks. Or maybe you could send your crystal ball over the pond so I can have a go. ;)

:LOL::LOL: Actually, for me the indicators were leaning towards a buy for several hours before time to trade but just decided to dip down for about 45 minutes before going back up again. Just another day in Forex.

Hammy,

Just curious why you don't trade in August. I had heard that December and any holiday was bad but this is the first I've heard about August.

-45 pips for me also but I don't let a few down days take over my overall goal. Looking forward to the more profitable days and taking the down days as part of my learning experience.

Well over forex history it is common knowledge that August is very quirky because of holiday season and vacation time is usually taken at this time of year making the market much like a national or international holiday for the entire month. The market is 'normal' again after the first weekend in September.

cheers !

Thank you for coming on this forum Paul. At least it shows willingness.

However, your insistence that the problem is the FMT EA is wearing very thin. As you can see, we have had situations where some are now attempting manual trades but still having problems at 6.15am and 6.30am. It is not true to say that the EA is not triggering the orders. Here (and this is a typical log in the last week) is the log from my SLM platform experts folder this morning:

2011.05.11 06:30:00 MorningTrade_EA_1.0 GBPUSDSB,M15: 2011.05.11 07:30 Sending order, price: 1.63552000, SL: 1.63902000, PT: 1.63102000, Lots: 10.10000000, Magic: 12345, Comment: FMT
2011.05.11 06:30:10 stdlib GBPUSDSB,M15: loaded successfully

2011.05.11 06:30:10 MorningTrade_EA_1.0 GBPUSDSB,M15: 2011.05.11 07:30 Error opening order: 6 : no connection with trade server

2011.05.11 06:30:12 MorningTrade_EA_1.0 GBPUSDSB,M15: 2011.05.11 07:30 Opening trade, count: 2
2011.05.11 06:30:12 MorningTrade_EA_1.0 GBPUSDSB,M15: 2011.05.11 07:30 Trade allowed, opening
2011.05.11 06:30:12 MorningTrade_EA_1.0 GBPUSDSB,M15: 2011.05.11 07:30 Sending order, price: 1.63510000, SL: 1.63860000, PT: 1.63060000, Lots: 10.10000000, Magic: 12345, Comment: FMT

That “No connection with trade server” error has been happening every day since last Monday – 2nd May, previous to that (with the same EA) everything was fine. As you can see, that delay today cost me 4.2 pips on price at the first attempt.

What changed at SLM on the weekend prior to May 2nd 2011?

Clients using other brokers with the same EA are not having this problem and your persistence in the “not our fault” line just doesn’t hold water.

As you can see from comments on this forum, there are many of your clients who are now wishing to close their accounts with SLM. Not sure that causes you concern Paul, but it should.

Mike

Well this prompted me to check my expert logs. I won't list them all out here, but the common issue is to do with the "stdlib GBPUSDSB,M15: loaded successfully" line, which is mentioned in your log as well; only difference is that mine includes 'order timeout'. It is always associated with a 'no connection' comment in the MT4 log (same time stamp).
For trades prior to 3rd May there are no problems opening trades, and no sign of the above mentioned comments in the logs.
The SLM demo account logs show no problems with the connection and no stdlib comments, and it took the same trades!

So there are apparently no network issues here, it is pointing squarely at the SLM live server.

Well over forex history it is common knowledge that August is very quirky because of holiday season and vacation time is usually taken at this time of year making the market much like a national or international holiday for the entire month. The market is 'normal' again after the first weekend in September.

cheers !

Thanks, hammy and that makes perfect sense to me. Anything I can learn right now will undoubtedly help me plan for the way I trade in the future as I am still learning. Here is hoping that Thursday trading is profitable for all of us.

SLM MT4 Version 4.00 (Build 399) (12 April 2011)

If anyone would like to revert to the previous SLM MT4 version; previous to the May update/troubles, I have attached a copy.

Simply install it into the directory in which you already have your current version running. It does not require any EA re-installation and takes but a few seconds.

It may prove something....

Rob

Attachments

• slsb4setup.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 86