ForexMorningTrade System

NO

In the UK spread betting on FX (although pretty much the same thing) is classified as gambling and gambling/betting/winning money from lottery etc, is all tax free, which is why so many of us have given SLM a crack (they are the only spreadbetting company that allows trading of MT4 platform).

Ok, thank you.

I know I shouldn't fiddle, but I've just closed out manually for -17. Everyone else should be ok now because I'm sure that will cause it to reverse:D

I know I shouldn't fiddle, but I've just closed out manually for -17. Everyone else should be ok now because I'm sure that will cause it to reverse:D

Thanks mate,
Will send a beer over when we get to TP :devilish:

Stats for 05-10-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, FXSolutions..., Long/Loss...., -46.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= -19.0
6:15 UK Time, IBFX.........., Long/Loss...., -45.4, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +186.0
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Long/Loss...., -45.8, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= -44.9

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Long/Loss...., -45.8, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +288.3
6:15 UK Time, FXCM.........., Long/Loss...., -45.4, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +363.9
6:15 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., Long/Loss...., -45.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +321.6
6:15 UK Time, FXDD.........., Long/Loss...., -45.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +245.8

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker

Trade opened at 6:16.08 again on SLM. Every day now.

Yesterday I could not even open manually a few seconds before 06:15 and was only taken in at 06:16
Today opened SLM manually at 06:14 and a few seconds
and at 06:29 and a few seconds.
No problem today with execution entering 1minute early.
They are either playing serious tricks or they just arent able to execute the abundance of orders at this time.

Yesterday I could not even open manually a few seconds before 06:15 and was only taken in at 06:16
Today opened SLM manually at 06:14 and a few seconds
and at 06:29 and a few seconds.
No problem today with execution entering 1minute early.
They are either playing serious tricks or they just arent able to execute the abundance of orders at this time.

Hello

We are aware that some clients are experiencing fills from their EAs one minute later than expected, being at 0616 or 0631 BST.

We have looked into this at great length, and are still doing so. Meta Quotes have also helped us establish the fact, as we first thought, that this is nothing to do with us.

But that said, we are still trying to help find the solution. We have liaised with the writers of the EAs who have so far not been forthcoming.

I spoke with one client who had the same problem last week and today on an Alpari demo account, so there is something going on.

It is very easy for people to assume it must be our fault. MT4 servers can process hundreds of trades every second, so even if we were inundated then fills would be a second late, not a minute, and we can tell this is not the issue in any case.

The EAs are not triggering the orders until a minute late in some cases. Why this has suddenly started to happen is strange, but this is definitely the EAs. There may be some kind of conflict with the EA and the latest version (build 399) of MT4. We are trying to help our clients and find out.

But as I will always say, we are not responsible for third party software that you buy and run on your terminal. But that said we are trying to be as helpful as we can.

Regards

Paul
SLM

oh how annoying. Another wicked Wednesday, after a clear sell signal.

Only 10tp strategies would have got out clean today, BE wasn't triggered, and all the 40 and 45sl traders have been knocked out. 65sl still running

There is really nothing to say about this trade, everything looked fine until it ran out of steam then we were in no mans land.

I think us "scalpers" who entered at 6-15 probably got their 10, unfortunately, I was a 6-30 entry and did not even make the 10.

2 bad days!

So look forward to tomorrow!!!!

Hello

We are aware that some clients are experiencing fills from their EAs one minute later than expected, being at 0616 or 0631 BST.

We have looked into this at great length, and are still doing so. Meta Quotes have also helped us establish the fact, as we first thought, that this is nothing to do with us.

But that said, we are still trying to help find the solution. We have liaised with the writers of the EAs who have so far not been forthcoming.

I spoke with one client who had the same problem last week and today on an Alpari demo account, so there is something going on.

It is very easy for people to assume it must be our fault. MT4 servers can process hundreds of trades every second, so even if we were inundated then fills would be a second late, not a minute, and we can tell this is not the issue in any case.

The EAs are not triggering the orders until a minute late in some cases. Why this has suddenly started to happen is strange, but this is definitely the EAs. There may be some kind of conflict with the EA and the latest version (build 399) of MT4. We are trying to help our clients and find out.

But as I will always say, we are not responsible for third party software that you buy and run on your terminal. But that said we are trying to be as helpful as we can.

Regards

Paul
SLM

The issue Paul, seems that its not just the EA's not executing at that time. Even trying to enter manually yesterday, and last week delayed me by the exact same time of about 1 minute. Yesterday, I had invalid prices coming back to me, then trade context busy, then invalid price, then trade context busy, then trade context busy, and finally taking me in at the exact price others were getting on the EA @1.63903.

How does one explain this? You a five digit broker, Im entering manually, trying to get in from a few seconds before 06:15 and then get exact same (not even a diffference of .00001 pip) price as most got on the EA.

So today, I entered market even earlier (slightly bending the rules by 1 minute) and guess what, both executed without any trouble at 06:14 and 06:29 respectively but again people were having issues at 06:15 and 06:30.

Last edited:
Just a few of my statistics:

10 most recent trades (all starting 06.15am).
FMT original set 40/40 no BE -80 pips
1st revision 35/40/BE@20 -130 pips
2nd revision 35/45/BE@20,+5 -140 pips

For the year to date, since 1/Jan on every tradable day

40/40 +440
28/40 +368
10/40 +340
35/40/BE +335
20/40 +300.
All at 06.30 starts until mid April changing to 06.15

06:15 entries (LIVE)
45/35/25/5 -45 (Alpari UK)
40/30/25/5 -40 (SLM)

06:30 (LIVE)
40/10 -40 (SLM) (missed Tp by 0.2 pips -- was 9.8 pips in profit). OUCH

Another SL. I'm starting to think I'd be better off leaving my cash in a term deposit at this point.

I'm now losing money with FMT....

You have not lost anything. All you have done is loaned money to the market. The market will pay you back over time with interest.

Or look at it as innitiall funding in a small business. There is always oeverhead costs. Your business cannot run without having to pay innitial overhead costs.