ForexMorningTrade System

Mixed signals this morning
Alpari UK FMT signals - no trade
40MA - suggests bearish
QQE - ditto
63hr EMA - inconclusive

Price has fallen up to 90 pips since soon after midnight UK time.

Seeing it's a bank holiday, I'm glad not to be missing the opportunity to profit, and FMT rules give me the day away.

But I would not be surprised if some brokers were giving sell signals this morning at 06.15

Mixed signals this morning
Alpari UK FMT signals - no trade
40MA - suggests bearish
QQE - ditto
63hr EMA - inconclusive

Price has fallen up to 90 pips since soon after midnight UK time.

Seeing it's a bank holiday, I'm glad not to be missing the opportunity to profit, and FMT rules give me the day away.

But I would not be surprised if some brokers were giving sell signals this morning at 06.15

Smart Live Markets gave a no trade.

Morning wise, I got a sell on SLM and Oanda (both Demos). Not to keen to go live today as well. :medieval:

That is strange, wonder why you got a sell on SLM and I didn't. My account is live.

Hi Andycon, sometimes when one of the indicators is sitting and the fence like it did at 06:15 it can go either way by a fraction of a %, I was just lucky, or was I ? Looking at the chart I wish I got a no trade. Don't worry about your no trade as again it was marginal, it worked for you today though :D

Hi Andycon, sometimes when one of the indicators is sitting and the fence like it did at 06:15 it can go either way by a fraction of a %, I was just lucky, or was I ? Looking at the chart I wish I got a no trade. Don't worry about your no trade as again it was marginal, it worked for you today though :D

Oh Ok, it's a bit new to me as I only bought it last week. There seems to be a bit of diverse opinion on here as to whether or not to trade it on Bank Holidays. I let it run as I'm only running it for tiny amounts to start. I would have thought that as the system is based on the "London Open" principal i.e. the London market waking up and providing a shot of liquidity. So as there is no London Market as such today, presumably it isn't going to work particularly well. What are your thoughts?

Yes you are right, there has been plenty of debate lately with regards to letting the system run or not, we all seem to have come to the consensus that on bank holidays it's every man to his own. Looking at the amount of people logged onto the forum (33) this morning it seems most are taking the day off as we have been hitting the 100 mark of late. :)

Last edited:
Oh Ok, it's a bit new to me as I only bought it last week. There seems to be a bit of diverse opinion on here as to whether or not to trade it on Bank Holidays. I let it run as I'm only running it for tiny amounts to start. I would have thought that as the system is based on the "London Open" principal i.e. the London market waking up and providing a shot of liquidity. So as there is no London Market as such today, presumably it isn't going to work particularly well. What are your thoughts?

Here is an extract from tenapennys post a week ago that makes you think, seems obvious to stay away when London is holidaying, but again every man for himself, here goes :

"Last month, London expanded its role as the world's largest centre for currency trading, with its share of the pot rising over two percentage points to handle 37% of all forex trading conducted globally.
Second came the US with 18%, followed by Japan with six per cent, nudging out Singapore and Switzerland to take the No.3 spot."
:smart:

Roll on tomorrow!!

Don't wish your life away! Anyhow I'm glad that my charts gave me the day off, seeing as we're often in bad luck to be trading this time of day if London is closed. Those who took short trades at 06.15 might be biting fingernails the way the price seems to be going now.
Normal progress will be restored tomorrow!!!!!

Don't wish your life away! Anyhow I'm glad that my charts gave me the day off, seeing as we're often in bad luck to be trading this time of day if London is closed. Those who took short trades at 06.15 might be biting fingernails the way the price seems to be going now.
Normal progress will be restored tomorrow!!!!!

Morning! Agree, last lie-in today but have had my demo accounts running today SLM short at 6.15, ThinkForex short at 6.15 but NT at 6.30 and 6.45 - 6.15 trades heading for SL. Will be live in the morning though.

Idle observation - just realised that T2W is on GMT post time -1 hour behind the UK BST time

That's interesting - my SLM demo account SL is at 45 (1.66999) and I'm still in in - it reversed 1.5 pips short of it!

You are correct Remraf, I checked Oanda and assumed the same with SLM, yes I'm still in :oops: