ForexMorningTrade System

Was the other wrong trade also on a Monday? (Just checking because you said 2 in a row -I would have thought Friday's was fairly clear whatever chart you were on).

I also thought Oanda was meant to be good. In other words to have a low % of losing accounts on their books, but that might be more to do with permitted leverage levels.

I use Alpari, and have no particular issues, but perhaps the main reference point would be PFG Best due to the site author using them with confidence.
Have a look back through all the posts written here by Red Geurilla and see what he puts.

Thanks. The other trade was Friday. It reversed just before PT. I chose Oanda for the Android app but don't need it anymore. I will check out Alpari and PFG Best and see which is better for a Canadian.

Was the other wrong trade also on a Monday? (Just checking because you said 2 in a row -I would have thought Friday's was fairly clear whatever chart you were on).

I also thought Oanda was meant to be good. In other words to have a low % of losing accounts on their books, but that might be more to do with permitted leverage levels.

I use Alpari, and have no particular issues, but perhaps the main reference point would be PFG Best due to the site author using them with confidence.
Have a look back through all the posts written here by Red Geurilla and see what he puts.

I think what uberpips is commenting on is on Friday Oanda users missed the T/P by 2 pips and landed up with B/E whilst everyone else had their T/P hit (only just). And of course today we had a sell signal. We are in essence 70 pips off the pace than other users and over a few months it could prove costly which is a little frustrating:(

Last edited:
I think what uberpips is commenting on is on Friday Oanda users missed the T/P by 2 pips and landed up with B/E whilst everyone else had their T/P hit (only just). And of course today we had a sell signal. We are in essence 70 pips off the pace than other users which is a little frustrating:(

Oh right, I get it that on one occasion it was due to their price not quite touching and getting you out a TP which others managed to get, and the other time it was due to the starting signal.

I understand your frustration, which happens to all of us at times, and would still expect these experiences to even themselves out with everyone else in the long run. For example in the near future your broker might not quite take you out at a stop loss and you might stay in a trade which turns around and goes to TP when the rest of us go into drawdown.

In general Oanda are pretty good, however they have taken on MT4 in the last few months as an alternative platform due to popular demand, they may have a few teething problems which needs to be sorted out, and quicky too as Mondays are proving to be a major problem with their feeds and is costing us money, I am hoping this is a one off blip but will rather hang back on Mondays to see what signals my other demo brokers show before committing to the trade.

Last edited:
Mondays are proving to be a major problem with their feeds and is costing us money, I am hoping this is a one off blip but will rather hang back on Mondays to see what signals my other demo brokers show before committing to the trade.

Please can you tell us what time they close on Friday nights, in UK GMT and what time they start again Sundays. You can get this by looking at a 1 min chart, but please make sure you take off an hour or two if necessary so that we are looking at UK time

For confirmation I also use a chart from netdania.com - I don't think they are brokers - the FMT signals are addable there.

Please can you tell us what time they close on Friday nights, in UK GMT and what time they start again Sundays. You can get this by looking at a 1 min chart, but please make sure you take off an hour or two if necessary so that we are looking at UK time

For confirmation I also use a chart from netdania.com - I don't think they are brokers - the FMT signals are addable there.

How do you add the FMT signals there?

Hi all,

Anyone here has experience with ThinkForex? If so, please lets benefit from sharing our experience with the brokers.
I am using FXDD - Live, so far its good but what i am afraid from is when i do backtest on FXDD the results is not good, on the other side i have chosen the same period and parameters on Alpari i found impressive results...... So who do we believe?

Hi all,

Anyone here has experience with ThinkForex? If so, please lets benefit from sharing our experience with the brokers.
I am using FXDD - Live, so far its good but what i am afraid from is when i do backtest on FXDD the results is not good, on the other side i have chosen the same period and parameters on Alpari i found impressive results...... So who do we believe?

Hi, you should notice Alpari UK have some gaps in the historical data for 2010. So, you should be sure you are comparing the same trades in your backtests. Regards.

FXDD no trade today.

Interesting though I hear many of you on Alpari UK had a long and it would have been +35 pips.

Also when I see the data on FXDD and Alpari UK today during the trade time, they are way off in terms of indicator readings.

It would be interesting to see what was the official word in the Journal. Anybody using PFG Best?

From the manual:

At 6:30am (UK time) you look at the charting platform and decide if you'll open the trade
(more on the rules later)

From the EA manual:

"You have to configure trading hour and minute – it should be the same setting you use for manual
trading. In my example I set the time to 7:30, it is Alpari UK trading time."

It is confusing.

It start at 7.30 in my Alpari account = 6.30 UK Time.

why isn't that the same thing?

British time and GMT time are not the same time for the entire year (only for 6 months). At the moment its the same time but as of 27.03.2011 there will be a 1 hour difference between GMT (British Standard time/Grenwich Mean time) and British Summer time (when clocks are set for daylight saving).

Having said that, Alpari Uk broker time changes as British time changes so you will not have to adjust your FMT parameters. However this is not true for all brokers so make sure that after 27.03.2011 your signal for FMT is still 06:30am UK time.