Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are we there yet?

May put a trailing stop and see how far it can go.

Trailing stop hit - it's a shame - came 2 pips short of 61.8 target

Before I would re enter here, but not any more. I keep whatever Mr Market offers.

Last edited:
Got away with it. Mostly off against USD and some against the Euro. Did better on the USD which is a little surprising. Still, average price better than where I was at 18:00 so did well on committment too.

Watch 'em go to hell now...LOL.

Hi all,

I'm thinking to short around 1.4380 as I'm hoping there is still downtrend with a little more to go perhaps 1st target 14268 to cut half position then run for another 50 odd pips to around 14220.... however the hourly looks like a reversal....expected that we could retrace up to 14400 level with a few week candles on the way up...would be interested in any thoughts or ideas please guys

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I'm thinking to short around 1.4380 as I'm hoping there is still downtrend with a little more to go perhaps 1st target 14268 to cut half position then run for another 50 odd pips to around 14220.... however the hourly looks like a reversal....expected that we could retrace up to 14400 level with a few week candles on the way up...would be interested in any thoughts or ideas please guys

Thanks in advance

To me looks like it may go to 14190 - 14215 before reversal.

we've no idea what price will do next have we? Job numbers looked OK from other reports this week so we'll have to see what awaits later/combined with other noises from the usual suspects versus the Euro.

I now find myself sitting on my hands waiting..could be some time before a long set up occurs..which is fine..

we've no idea what price will do next have we? Job numbers looked OK from other reports this week so we'll have to see what awaits later/combined with other noises from the usual suspects versus the Euro.

I now find myself sitting on my hands waiting..could be some time before a long set up occurs..which is fine..

No trading for me before 14:00, but I must say I like following the charts - spikes etc.
I found it entertaining - sad isn't it?

No trading for me before 14:00, but I must say I like following the charts - spikes etc.
I found it entertaining - sad isn't it?

Not sure if you've ever read Steet Smarts, cracking e-book, anyhow one of the authors' consistent themes is if you see an 'outlier' spike get out..If you look at the 2HR TF on the Euro (particularly using HA which illustrates it far better imho) you can clearly see that that advice makes sense. Fortunately for me over the past two days I haven't been in to get out..

Not sure if you've ever read Steet Smarts, cracking e-book, anyhow one of the authors' consistent themes is if you see an 'outlier' spike get out..If you look at the 2HR TF on the Euro (particularly using HA which illustrates it far better imho) you can clearly see that that advice makes sense. Fortunately for me over the past two days I haven't been in to get out..

I have it. Lot of strats there - tried to read it few times, but gave up at the end. Some of the strats are over the top IMO. I'll try to read it again.

I'll check if it reversed enough for another short. ATM too early to say.

14:57 - at the moment price went above (broke the triangle) - may go further up. Not good for a short.

15:50 - in the meantime broke the triangle down - so took that short after all

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I have it. Lot of strats there - tried to read it few times, but gave up at the end. Some of the strats are over the top IMO. I'll try to read it again.

Expensive book, was going to offer it to you as an e book but good to see you've already splashed out on it :)

Expensive book, was going to offer it to you as an e book but good to see you've already splashed out on it :)

Thanks. I've browsed through it some time ago and my impression is that most of their strategies may be better suited for shares trading than fx (some of the strategies use volume etc.). It's been some time since they published it and I was thinking that some of the specific strategies may have lost it in the meantime e.g. Turtle Soup strategy - they were exploiting the strategy that worked some time ago, so what is to say that the opposite strategy is going to work for a long time? Anyway I'll read through it and check if they have some strategies more suited to fx and that are not temporary.

BTW Have you found any particular strategy you like (use)?

Last edited:
Thanks. I've browsed through it some time ago and my impression is that most of their strategies may be better suited for shares trading than fx (some of the strategies use volume etc.). It's been some time since they published it and I was thinking that some of the specific strategies may have lost it in the meantime e.g. Turtle Soup strategy - they were exploiting the strategy that worked some time ago, so what is to say that the opposite strategy is going to work for a long time? Anyway I'll read through it and check if they have some strategies more suited to fx and that are not temporary.

BTW Have you found any particular strategy you like (use)?

Nope not used any of them, but could easily identify some that would work, quite liked their knock 3 times idea; price knocks for the third time on for example the 200 ma or s&r..

morning wakey any sign of jules in new jersey , heard a rumour that he is on a ship heading accross the atlantic teaching a few punters on how to swim