Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread dead?

Ah well...big round numbers eh? :rolleyes: Pirce rejected 14300 twice, may regret not taking the two trades' profit at the same time.."Don't be a dick for a tick", or don't be a dick for 10-20 pips...? 250 pips target on both trades..fell five short..

Attachments

• eurusd21072011.png
    eurusd21072011.png
    82 KB · Views: 202
as long as we live we'll never get the exits *right* eh? Threw away 50 pips here..not good..ah well, what doesn't kill ya etc..etc...leaves you hungry for the next trades. Turning point for the Euro..??

Attachments

• eurusd210720112.png
    eurusd210720112.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 193
Thread dead?
Think its been a bit dead for a while now. Needed the Lords realtime trade calls to keep people interested I think.

still in morning daytrade.
Locking in a few pips here though.

Attachments

• hgh.JPG
    hgh.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 181
Think its been a bit dead for a while now. Needed the Lords realtime trade calls to keep people interested I think.

still in morning daytrade.
Locking in a few pips here though.

Good to see you're taking out some decent pips...a lot of times threads just reach their limit and die, a bit like some of the journals over the years. Are you still doing this part time or trying to make a living out of it?

Are you still doing this part time or trying to make a living out of it?

Neither, really - but I guess part time is more accurate.
For a while i've certainly been putting in full time hours(and then some) into trading, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a 'full time trader'. I only trade a small account as i'm not prepared to risk too much money on something that I'll probably always be slightly skeptical about, and I don't earn a 'full time wage' from my trading.
I've got money coming in through other things.

The dream is obviously to be a successful trader and have that as my sole/main income, but despite having periods where I thought Id finally 'got it', and definitely having seen improvements, after quite a long time trying now, I'm not sure that it's a very realistic ambition for me anymore.

I can pick out some good trades nowadays, but I think that there's another element that i'm missing in my trading (possibly alluded too by the posts of 'john1' in the 'trading without charts' thread: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/72058-trading-without-charts.html) which I'd need to truly feel confident. I'm not clever enough to work out what that 'thing' that he was referring too 'is' though! :cry: lol

I'll probably keep plugging away, hopefully continuing to generally make a little more than I lose.

For a while i've certainly been putting in full time hours(and then some) into trading, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a 'full time trader'. I only trade a small account as i'm not prepared to risk too much money on something that I'll probably always be slightly skeptical about, and I don't earn a 'full time wage' from my trading.

The dream is obviously to be a successful trader and have that as my sole/main income, but despite having periods where I thought Id finally 'got it', and definitely having seen improvements, after quite a long time trying now, I'm not sure that it's a very realistic ambition for me anymore.

I can pick out some good trades nowadays, but I think that there's another element that i'm missing in my trading (possibly alluded too by the posts of 'john1' in the 'trading without charts' thread: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/72058-trading-without-charts.html) which I'd need to truly feel confident. I'm not clever enough to work out what that 'thing' that he was referring too 'is' though! :cry: lol

I'll probably keep plugging away, hopefully continuing to generally make a little more than I lose.

Why don't you keep it simple - try risking same percentage of your account all the time (1% or 2% or whatever you are comfortable with). That way you wouldn't notice gradual stake increase (as you pointed - you don't need that money, so you can compound at the beginning till you make you account big enough).

It looks like a slow and boring process, but knowing your success rate (one of the best on this thread) you wouldn't even realize once you start making more money from trading than anything else.

Last edited:

Cracking post this, rhymes with so much of my own experiences, I guess the major difference for me is having (by accident or design) found myself in this industry I had to make it work, so I 've had to pick myself up and dust myself down numerous times and just stay in the game and attempt to improve..

As a mid forties guy, with kids and (modest) debt, having watched my previous industry (mortgage/specific lead genration) implode virtually overnight, I kinda feel blessed and cursed that I'm in this industry as realistically finding a new career path at my age is incredibly difficult in this jobs climate.

But I have to confess that the actual mechanics of trading, even though like you I'm not half bad at it, just doesn't do it for me and I don't want to manage any small syndicated sums anymore either. Like you I constantly 'feel' I'm "missing something" and despite my best efforts; trying to reach the zen like state of unconscious competence, I'm not there yet and honestly doubt whether I ever will be, but perhaps that's the answer, accepting the nature of it all..

Fortunately I'm starting to move (have moved) into different areas of our trading industry which I really have got a passion for; sales, marketing, public relations, it's just more *me* if that makes sense. The only way I could really seem myself carving out a good career trading specifically is either working for a firm or trying to get major backing for a trading firm and at my age and lack of experience both were remote long shots, particularly given the current climate where a lot of firms have shed 30-50% of staff since 2008/9..

But you're only mid twenties iirc, you can really 'make a go' of trading keep it up..:)

Just make better trades.

Manage them better.

Make oodles of spoodles.

Be happy.

What do you want to do other stuff in this industry for? The only worthwhile thing connected to it is actually trading, all the rest is crapoolamop. Sales, marketing, public relations? Come on, that's beneath pretty much anybody. Some people have to do it, and I understand that. But if you can trade you'd be mad to do it.