Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ODT,

do you find nibbling at the markets easier/better than staying in for bigger bites?
I trade off 5-mins, but still try for 60, more recently 30-35 pips per trade. Its the nail-biting to-and-fro of the moves that cause me hassle.

you seem to just go and ratchet up lots of small winners. (y)
doesnt taking small bites put extra pressure on you to get your entries perfect? added to which the cost of trading is multiplied manyfold as well, in terms of transaction costs, and/or SB spread.
or, does your mechanical trading mean you just plough through all signals, knowing the aggregate will be nett positive?

actually, same question for all, as the trades seem to be scalp trades!
(sorry: displacement activity between trades)

ODT,

do you find nibbling at the markets easier/better than staying in for bigger bites?
I trade off 5-mins, but still try for 60, more recently 30-35 pips per trade. Its the nail-biting to-and-fro of the moves that cause me hassle.

you seem to just go and ratchet up lots of small winners. (y)
doesnt taking small bites put extra pressure on you to get your entries perfect? added to which the cost of trading is multiplied manyfold as well, in terms of transaction costs, and/or SB spread.
or, does your mechanical trading mean you just plough through all signals, knowing the aggregate will be nett positive?

Yes

actually, same question for all, as the trades seem to be scalp trades!
(sorry: displacement activity between trades)

Yes I do not wait for 200 to 300 pip runs

No pressure, its actually pressure free .No emotions .

I go though my losing periods knowing my system will recover , and provide a profit.

Actually my strategy has an average win per trade of 7 pips.

I run my my trades , until the market hits my stops /trailing stops or b/e or t/p.there are no early exits.

Attachments

• automated trades 2.jpg
    automated trades 2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 157
We got some goodies when you go on holiday:LOL:

http://www.easytradeforex.com/TRENDLINE-ANALYSIS-EBOOK.pdf

http://www.incrediblecharts.com/technical/trendlines.php

I am trying to learn this business about trend lines from Julian.:p

In the meantime I can continue without drawing trendlines, doing any work or doing any trading , and still making money.Only 700 pips today pyramid trading .

This thread is all about live calls and set up. It's purposely titled as such therefore I won't allow any post-trade results. There are many suitable threads for your results or you can start your own if you wish. Sorry to say that but I have to.

This thread is all about live calls and set up. It's purposely titled as such therefore I won't allow any post-trade results. There are many suitable threads for your results or you can start your own if you wish. Sorry to say that but I have to.

Sorry. I will stick to posting only live calls.

Morning all

ODT I would hate to lose you from the thread so why not call out all your trades today and really show Leo what you can do.:cool: You had a bad day yesterday on your calls but we all do that Im sure it will come right today

Morning all

ODT I would hate to lose you from the thread so why not call out all your trades today and really show Leo what you can do.:cool: You had a bad day yesterday on your calls but we all do that Im sure it will come right today

Julian

My manual day trading method for calling needs refining.It is also not fair on anybody following my calls .I run simple set and forget systems,If I place a trade I will not close , until my stop is hit or my target is hit (normally 3 times s/l),that style is not suited for calling.This is why I need time to refine my system.

Have you tried pyramid trading with your trend line method?If will give huge profits on trending days , some trending days I get almost 200 pips per pair , I only trade and look for trends .

Yes I do increase and vary my stakes at times but not pyramiding as such. Why not call out all of your trades and units to give us an idea of what you do?