Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nice one leo. stopped out -14, re-entered, often when line has been broken the trend will become long re-entry at 1.3930

How can anyone have positions before major events like E C B speech?

Why not until after the event and go with the flow?

How can anyone have positions before major events like E C B speech?

Why not until after the event and go with the flow?

To an extent this is valid, but saying it's as easy as just going with the flow after the announcement is not true. Quite often, the market reverses after it has had some time to digest the data.

To an extent this is valid, but saying it's as easy as just going with the flow after the announcement is not true. Quite often, the market reverses after it has had some time to digest the data.

The market becomes volatile and knocks you out of positions , then continues without the trader ,often leaving a trader without mental wealth.Entering after the flow saves mental wealth in a 50/50 situation of up or down.

Yea, I'm definitely not disagreeing with you about opening a position before a volatile announcement. Just stating that going with the flow after the announcement doesn't always work either.

I'm on the same page as you though, anything that reduces the chances of a successful trade should be eliminated.

Nice trade on GJ Leo. Your 143.2 target was the spot. It pierced and immediately bounced.

yes, I had a GJ short earlier the day which was scratched (-20). It went beautifully without touching my stop, TP+100. Had I got that one right, then I could sit back and relax this time, netting another +70.

As I said earlier, I will be choosy with my entry and will only call low risk high reward set ups.