Forex Trading February 2004

well done NB-

I think i know why u shorted at 8890- kind of a 1-2-3 just after the 3pm report........ must say, i missed looking at other mkts- damn !

Mind u, not sure if i would have had the courage to short....... got stopped out on a long trade in the morning-

Al

several reasons imo to short.

Failure to break yesterdays high patterns set itself up several times to reverse eventually forming a double top (triple if you include yesterday) and a lower top (or 123) finally forming at 1430 and confirmed at 15:00.

A bit late to mention now but added to position @ 1.8790 and maybe again @1.8690 but we will see what happens between now and then. For now gbp is finding support off Mondays hod. Taking a break whatever happens

Speak to you all soon

NB

NB,

You still playing this one short? I thought some support was developing around 1.8715/45 but this seems quite weak taking it back towards the EMA but the news seems to suggest a deeper retracement is on the cards. Waiting to see response when the Asian market opens.

Kev.

KJB
That would be mondays high support that is mentioned, also some fib action there too.

Back to the 60 min charts now ive got my entry.

There could be some evening action but ive set my alerts up and am off to do other things

Enjoy
NB

LOST...........

one old nag, answers to the name of ‘Dobbin’ last seen bolting south in a cloud of dust!….has a tendancy to snap at & bite strangers, but is partial to the odd fresh carrot or two!!……would much appreciate his safe return, the walk north looks long & arduous!

ps: sorry about the state of the saddle, but at least it’s bought & paid for!!

Hi Buk,

lol - I have chased that nag a few times into the distance but only when dealing with shares, which believe me is much simpler than this game!

With the current whispers re. interest rates, i.e. EU cut/US increase, quite honestly as a newbie and seeing the effect that this has had today then I await further clues! If the whispers are true then I guess the combined gap between rates could have a significant effect.

I would like to place some future trades to catch the possible down spiral if these rate changes materialise but have no idea how to figure the entry points. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kev.

is this what you're referring to re: poss hike??....didn't chase him though, let him run (got me corn earlier!), he'll be easier to mount now he's tired himself out a little...... :D ....as far as where we go??!!....as always the 'news' events will play their part rest of this week, I don't try to pick direction, merely swim with the tide.....things could most certainly get worse before the northerly heights are seen again.

[20:36 GMT February 25] GBP/USD was dragged lower by EUR/USD today as the market
was caught off guard by an article on Market News (that looks suspiciously like
an ECB plant) that the ECB intends to discuss a rate cut as soon as the March 4
meeting, an eventuality the market had virtually ignored, given recent
pronouncements for board members. The market quickly reprised EUR/USD, taking
cable down as well, but EUR/GBP selling was able to limit the damage for a time.
A bounce from 0.6655 lows in EUR/GBP put Cable on the skids along with EUR/USD,
with the pound modestly overshooting the 50% retracement of this week's
1.8460/1.8945 rally at 1.8705 by 5 pips or so, before steadying. EUR/GBP rallies
should be rather mild given the divergent rate outlooks from the respective
central banks. Upwardly revised UK GDP today (+2.8% in Q4) should keep the MPC
on alert for higher rates to come later in the spring. All in all, cable still
looks like a good bet against the crosses like GBP/JPY, but a potential sea-
change in favor of the dollar may prove a more compelling story in the weeks
ahead. [email protected]/rd

NB mentioned yesterday the 'noise' around this level, a Fib is evident here (8717)....watch the reaction point around this level....the overnight trendline is smacking on 8750 & we're still weak below here......as ever "trade what you see" & look at your charts for the obvious channel breaks, paying particular att'n to the TREND!

Last edited:
its tooo early!

added to short with a pending order left over night @ 1.8690

charts shows a big bear flag on the 60 min and little pullback entries can be seen to get in on on the 15 min :)

Damb alert got me out of bed at this stupid hour!!

Have a good day folks
NB

Attachments

• 26-02-04 £$ 60.png
    26-02-04 £$ 60.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 376
anyone notice the cmc price skew during the last 10 mins or so??....up to 20 - 25 away from the mkt price!!......might have been a 'feed' niggle............or a "shake out" attempt perhaps.... :devilish:

Rand

Hi Newtron Bomb,

I am primarily running spread betting accounts who is offering you ZAR trading and whats the liquidity like I think it could be an interesting one to trade on.

Fundamentally I think GBP may strengthen substantially unless Gold and related commodities have a big run. I would enter on technicals however.

Interested to hear any other comments you may have on this one.

Good trading.

The Babtist

Shouldnt be a problem liquidity unles your George Soros You wont move the market with less than a few billion. SB'ing varies from company to company but again you shouldnt have many if any problems with fills... just watch the spreads some of the co's are 10pips or more/

ZAR Ive been watching for a while ive posted something on here and on the Tactical trader site about it.

Just an update then. The dailies loos like a good set up. Bull flag testing support at the 50% retracement area and also trend support and is one mother of a retrace :eek:

I'd like to see confirmation of a move in eiather direction... if the trend has a solid break we could see it move towards 11.50 quite easily.

A solid rally above 12.50 level and confirming above 12.70 for me would be what i would like to see.
Fridays 240 intra-day shows a nice DB just above the 50% fib.

Still waiting for a BO.

Happy Trading
Newtron Bomb

Attachments

• 27-02-04 zar d.png
    27-02-04 zar d.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 329
Tough call to see this euro recovering in the very near term on technical basis.

Will need some pretty serious fundamental news .

1930 looks very welcoming to me David!....... :devilish: lets see what the news tells us huh?

we are in a channel at the moment. 50/50 either way imho.

Attachments

• overall view.jpg
    overall view.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 273
tryin real hard to stifle my growl & clip me claws DT.....honest I am....... :cheesy: ;)

weve also bounced off a daily trend not shown on the above chart. so who knows :eek: trade what you see and all that :D

cocoa & beddy byes by the time you guy's & gals kick that one up & running......a cold & frosty early morn at the screen beckons for this sleepy bear!!..... :D

enjoy the rest of your evening folks!!