Forex Trading February 2004

north it is then.........for now

:D

Attachments

• untitled-1 copy.jpg
    untitled-1 copy.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
But straight into resistance @2700 So could still fall back to retest.

I hate to sit on the fence after that 'happy' spike that ran like a train, but I'm up for a reversal around about here.

hello O, long time no see

yes, can believe it wont want some sort of retest at least, feels far to easy and how many will want to hold over this massive weekend?....... but 2700? that resistance is eons old and its been messed with..but that said, i really dont know ;)

regards
dt

Attachments

• trend break rules.jpg
    trend break rules.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Hi DT. yeah, long time m8, I been about, just been quieter than usual as I continue to work on the master plan. (Insert evil wicked laugh here.)

It is an 'historic' res/sup point, but I always look to the past to be able to see the future.

As I type it's fallen slightly and carried away again slightly. But in this sort of case I would always wait for the 2nd fall attempt before climbing aboard again. The fact that it shot through the 27 so strong should see it good for 2730 before faltering.

If it does go the other way. I shall completely change my short term trading strategy by posting on here what I am doing then going in the complete opposite direction. Lol.

Take care m8.

Well. Damn and blast. 2 pips away from calling that top.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. Tsk.

call yerself a trader!!!!?????

:LOL:

you should know better than to proclaim a top.. the 'man in the market' wont let you get away with talk like that for long! ;)

Attachments

• sr.jpg
    sr.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Lol! Don't worry m8, I don't post predictions like that all the time.
Due to the laws of sod and egg on face. You're never gonna get it right 100% of the time, so I'll stick quietly to my 97% and not say a word.
:cry:

:LOL:

A quick thought.

Anybody tempted to put in a couple of limit orders to try and catch any significant move from G7 this weekend.

something along the lines of:

At 9pm GMT put orders in to :-

buy at current plus 40 pips with a 30 pip stop and an order to close at plus 100 (locking in plus 60 if it pops up)

sell at current minus 40 pips with a 30 pip stop and an order to close at minus 100 (locking in plus 60 if it pops down)

In effect catching the move whichever way it goes and if really lucky catching a break both ways. If really unlucky of course then you will get stopped out on both trades.

Any views anyone.

JPWONE-

What's stopping you from trying it out with a small stake?

FEAR?

Lol

nope - just wondering if anyone else was tempted :)

Suppose I'm looking for the comfort of someone saying - yes, thats exactly what i was thinking too

I can trade 1 lot on the mini so it is not a disaster if it goes belly up - just trading it at 1 lot will cost a max of $60 and that is if both trades are triggered and both are stopped out.

The market will probably let you win this time if you just play one lot. :cheesy:

Next time you increase to ten lots the story may be different....

suppose I'll just have to go for it and see what happens :)

Thinking of Euro/Dollar by the way

Could be a regular Friday thing if it works - not sure about the levels but if this weekend does not rain too hard on the party then I'll go back and look at Friday close levels and first hour Sunday evening and see if there are some real opportunities.

jpwone -

Does your broker guarantee to fill at your entry stop prices?

yep - FXCM - so no slippage on limit orders or stops

done it once before and got filled on the gap :)

might be a good idea jpwone, as you say fxcm's stops are concrete.. not quite sure how it would work as fxcm wont be quoting over the weekend will they? ie they open at 10 pm sunday night, so how you if your positions are hit.. unless it just gaps and thats it.

not sure if its a good idea to play every weekend, gaps arent the norm are they.

edit: oo could play it with options to, a bet both ways before close?..

gl with it

dt

Last edited:
Orders placed - lets see what happens

Euro/Dollar

Sell at 1.2664
Stop at 1.2700
Limit at 1.2600

Buy at 1.2735
Stop at 1.2700
Limit at 1.2780

:) Yep - now its the wait and see bit

Florida Meeting -

G7 Seeks Consensus on Dollar Drop
Saturday February 7, 1:32 am ET
By Mike Dolan

BOCA RATON, Fla. (Reuters) - World financial leaders, meeting in a Florida resort for talks on the global economy, face the tough job on Saturday of agreeing on wording to stop the U.S. dollar's drop from spinning out of control.
While comforted by the sharp recovery of the global economy over the past six months, many of the finance chiefs and central bankers from the Group of Seven club of wealthy nations are anxious about the potential currency fallout from huge U.S. trade and budget deficits.

European G7 members, whose exporters have been stung in recent months by the euro's surge to record highs against the dollar, said on Friday they wanted the group to agree to caution markets against further extreme currency swings.

Japan also called for more stable exchange rates while reserving the right to intervene in markets to cap the yen.