April '04 Forex

afternoon everyone.
i have just started reading this thread, not from the beginning. the BO systems that you refer to, where are they published, in earlier pages of this thread or elsewhere.

seadog

gbp has hourly bar closed o/s of band ( Long). Euro has yet to close the hour bar o/s of band
£ /chf is signalling long

imho of course

I've gone long EUR at 1976.

Goober : Did you actually go long , or are you applying your 60pt-no-trade filter ?

Regards,

Ivorm

Went long. I will apply the 60 pip filter from next week. The filter will reduce the number of trading opportunities, however, I'm sure the DD will improve.

Hi RR

I remember reading your WW thread previously. I must point out that Street Smart's WWs are a watered-down version of what Bill Wolfe teaches.

Edit: Volume is essential to confirm potential trades, therefore, they are difficult to trade on instruments that don't provide volume information.

The Good News:

I read it correctly-3000 was a strong resistance level for USD/GBP :D :D

The Bad News:On the basis that "A system is a system which should be followed regardless"(did I really believe something as stupid as that)I went long @ 2996.Bombed out for -40 :cry: :cry:

What a surprise I dont think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What an idiot :eek: :eek:

Consoling myself with the thought that still 90 points up on CHF over 2 days :LOL: :LOL:

Back to the proper job-no retirement yet :confused: :confused:

Goober, I didnt know that. Do you know how its different, out of interest? Or are you sworn to secrecy? ;)

arrrggghhh, how many times does this want to hit my stops today.

-80 on cable and Euro today.

cheeky thing :(

gone long on euro at 1.1968 hoping for a big bounce of what looks like a higher low from a spike down.

come on baby...

:)

Hi RR

I didn't do the course - I'm loathe to pay those kind of fees. However, a chap I traded with in the early 90's did the course and I was able to compare some of his notes with Street Smarts.

You will have noticed from my previous post that point 1 is not determined by the high/low prior to point 2 as taught in Street Smarts. This method allows you to identify a buy/sell zone and tight stop losses. Also, it is possible to predict point 4 once point 3 has formed. But most importantly, volume is used to confirm the set up, which Street Smarts doesn't discuss. I have seen distinct WW set-ups, without volume confirmation, fail; and I have seen weak WW set-ups, with volume confirmation, make money.

As a matter of interest, my first WW trade on FTSE futures made 138 points. Shortly thereafter, I was wiped out by the Asian crash, holding positions over that dreaded weekend.

FC

The joys of BO systems! :LOL:

My first trade (S Cable 1.7662) was stopped out for -60 pips.

Currently long EUR (-1 pip) and Cable (+20 pips).

thansk for the WW stuff guys.

bit tricky to get my head round. may do some further reading tonight on the train.

cheers for your help.

time for SuperChinos to rescue this howler of a day!

:)

I know what you mean FC - I'm only 40 down on the day but I'm very wary of doing anything atm the way things have been going so far :(

Battle royal going on at the 2000 level (on EUR). The bears are strong there.