Forex MegaDroid EA

I don't have to jump off Tower bridge to know that it's not a particularly smart thing to do. I stand 100% behind the comments I made earlier about 'black box' systems and why you're on a hiding to nothing trading them, if you actually start to look at RISK ADJUSTED returns, which is the only way to consistently progress in your trading.

I don't expect everyone to take my advice, but then again who cares frankly? Your money - do what you like with it.

I also maintain another MegaDroid account with ODL Securities (the former one is with Alpari UK). A little less success there despite the same overall pattern - 7.9% to date: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/vastr/odl-md/7651/BxGC3XtZRj68i2uio3kX

Very impressive. I have been using MegaDroid since March and I have been very pleased with its performance. I use it in conjunction with other systems, but I have it on a low risk. Therefore my returns won't be as good as 9%!

What is your % risk?

Getting back here after a while as promised to update everyone on my progress with Forex MegaDroid. The robot netted 9.5% in December: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Muka/a-md/5346/PWCzyfrc0ejgYztQToUL

I'd now be curious to see some recent results of its other users.

Here's my live Alpari UK account results for December:

MegaDroid-Live-Dec09.gif

Impressed pvisser?

Jim

P.S. The MegaDroid team have finally logged a loss in their so called "live" results. -$19866.00 on December 3rd. Same date as my umpteenth loss visible in the equity curve above. Finally there is at least some agreement between their results and mine.

Last edited:
Here's my live Alpari UK account results for December:

MegaDroid-Live-Dec09.gif

Impressed pvisser?

Jim

P.S. The MegaDroid team have finally logged a loss in their so called "live" results. -$19866.00 on December 3rd. Same date as my umpteenth loss visible in the equity curve above. Finally there is at least some agreement between their results and mine.

I have been running FAPT and MG on a new account since August and none of them have produced a loss until the last week of November. FAPT decided to plunge two full losses on my account, whilst MG did one.

Three full on losses in one week was a little tough especially because the terrible RR these systems seem to be designed for. They managed to climb their way back and my account reached a new high.

With regards to the vendors, I am not exactly sure how honest any of their "live" results are. That's why you just have to test these things yourself. Well done on everyone who decides to do so and found it successful.

If you try downloading Metatrader 4 and it works on your Mac book then any of these robots should also work.

Paul

If they are that good then everyone would use them and the sb companys would do something about them.

If they are that good then everyone would use them and the sb companys would do something about them.

Hi coxylad

A couple of things...

1) I have heard that MT4 doesn't run on Mac. Even if it did you will need to get a VPS which runs Windows.

2) You have to find the right brokers with low spreads. Generally its better to pay commision because then you can be assured (to a certain extent). There are no SB companies which allow MetaTrader4 as far as I am aware.

Some EAs do work, but they still do not compare to a well thought out manual strategy. There is no point spending all your time going through EA scams just to find the 1 out of 1,000 commercial EAs that actually makes a return.

There are websites out there which are dedicated to reviewing EAs (ForexPeaceArmy.com and donnaforex.com), but they haven't really made much progress. Every now and then on creeps out of the woodwork and becomes a success, but all that time you have spent testing, waiting, spending, you could have just learnt to trade.

DonnaForex was a person who helped out with FAPT for a while and set up her own website in search for a collection of good EAs. Its been several months now and the whole community who signed up to her service are still looking. They are struggling to find even one that works. FAPT works, but only with some brokers for a limited time. You have to keep chopping and changing.

Take what you want from this, but I reccomend buying a good trading book for about £30 and start from there.

Thanks for that pvisser

I have had a look around for them but none see to work on mac so its just down to mental strategy.

at the moment I am trying to do some scalping on the 1 min charts on gbp/usd which I find to be a bit taxing on the brain it is pritty full on sitting in front of the screen going dizzy, but I find I win some and lose sum.

And thoughts

Thanks for that pvisser

I have had a look around for them but none see to work on mac so its just down to mental strategy.

at the moment I am trying to do some scalping on the 1 min charts on gbp/usd which I find to be a bit taxing on the brain it is pritty full on sitting in front of the screen going dizzy, but I find I win some and lose sum.

And thoughts

coxy lad why not start a journal on the journals thread? Tell it as it is; that you are starting at point zero and take it from there...
BTW been looking for a year for an EA that would trade my 9 currency pairs concurrently, doesn't exist and can only commission a guy to do it for 2 pairs in the form I need, maunal trading it is...

coxy lad why not start a journal on the journals thread? Tell it as it is; that you are starting at point zero and take it from there...
BTW been looking for a year for an EA that would trade my 9 currency pairs concurrently, doesn't exist and can only commission a guy to do it for 2 pairs in the form I need, maunal trading it is...

Hi

Im don't really understand that message try sending it again in newby talk.

Cheers

Pardon my ignorance Black Swan, but if an EA can be made to work on 1 or 2 pairs what on earth stops it working on 9 pairs concurrently?

Jim

Pardon my ignorance Black Swan, but if an EA can be made to work on 1 or 2 pairs what on earth stops it working on 9 pairs concurrently?

Jim

Not found out yet bud, just can't find an out of the box solution, such as Shark EA, that'll work across all pairs. I want my own strategy coded anyhow, it's on my 2010 to do list. :) Need to put in a bit more time over on fxfisherman or forex tsd to link up with a few can do guys...