Forex MegaDroid EA

Any trading system that uses Martingale to recover losses will without any doubt at all eventually wipe out your account unless you literally have "unlimited" funds.

Paul

it doesn't... it only uses for the next trade... if it happens to be a loser to, it goes back to the original risk strategy.

Regarding the other things, I didn't put much capital in it, I just took a "gamble" with it back in June and put around 2K. If it would happen to be profitable it would do it's thing. So far it's going good, I've had more than 1 losing trades definitely... stop losses I can remember only of 2 or 3 the ohter losing trades were residual, very near to b/e. I'll let it do it's thing unless a dd bigger than 40% from current levels happens, which if it does i'll still profit a bit

Last edited:
it doesn't... it only uses for the next trade... if it happens to be a loser to, it goes back to the original risk strategy.

Hi Salvador,

Has the Droid produced two losers in a row for you then, or are you going by what it says in the MegaDroid "manual"?

The reason I ask is that after my big loss on August 13th the Droid didn't trade again until the 21st. Then when it did get around to it, it didn't use "Martingale mode". The trade was the standard size.

I don't suppose you have a MegaDroid only equity curve we could take a look at do you?

Jim

Regarding the other things, I didn't put much capital in it, I just took a "gamble" with it back in June and put around 2K. If it would happen to be profitable it would do it's thing. So far it's going good, I've had more than 1 losing trades definitely... stop losses I can remember only of 2 or 3 the ohter losing trades were residual, very near to b/e. I'll let it do it's thing unless a dd bigger than 40% from current levels happens, which if it does i'll still profit a bit

Thats a stupid thing to do .

Lose double and recover half = lose half.

Thats a stupid thing to do .

Lose double and recover half = lose half.

Welcome to the party ODT. Better late than never!

The Droid isn't stupid you know. It's artificially intelligent. That's what the sales page says at least. Maybe they lied about that too?

Jim

Could you, please, post your account statement here? You can use a free live stats publisher like MyFXBook.com for it. I would like to see as many statements from different people as I can to form my final opinion about MegaDroid.

Thanks very much for the info Swordfish. At least it seems we can agree on the fact that "The MegaDroid site is lying".

Unfortunately your equity curve isn't quite what I had in mind, since the trades the Droid made are not readily identifiable. Maybe Alex or who will be able to assist us in that regard?

For some reason best known to itself my copy of the Droid didn't trade on August 19th. It took a hell of a hit on the 13th though.

Jim

Jim,

I have read that different brokers get different trades. I also read about the 3 losses in a row in August, but fortunately that didn't happen to me or I would have probably abandoned the droid. Attached is the equity curve from 4XProject Live account trading MegaDroid only. However, they are using ADT (advanced droid tactics) to increase number of trades. So it is hard to find a pure MegaDroid account equity curve.

Attachments

• 4xProject_MegaDroid.png
    4xProject_MegaDroid.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 452
Jim,

I have read that different brokers get different trades. I also read about the 3 losses in a row in August, but fortunately that didn't happen to me or I would have probably abandoned the droid. Attached is the equity curve from 4XProject Live account trading MegaDroid only. However, they are using ADT (advanced droid tactics) to increase number of trades. So it is hard to find a pure MegaDroid account equity curve.

You have so much confidence in this junk, as much as the designers of Expert advisor scams.:smart:

Jim,

Thanks for that Swordfish,

Let me see if I'm up to speed on this now. That isn't the equity curve of your own personal Droid. It's merely an excuse to advertise yet another "independent forex review site" plastered with affiliate links to yet more snake oil?

Returning to our original snake oil vendor. Once an unfortunate noob has been persuaded to shell out on a shiny new Droid he or she soon discovers that the sales page was lying and it does in fact lose from time to time? Sometimes even three times in succession?

The solution to this sudden and unanticipated tarnishing of the Holy Grail is to shell out yet more cash in order to obtain the correct settings for the "robot", which for some unaccountable reason accidentally got left out of the original package?

Even then, judging by your image, the "Advanced" Droid still loses a significant percentage of equity on a regular basis.

Have I got this straight yet?

Jim

Seems you have a real bee in your bonnet about Megadroid huh, Jim?

If people want to shell $97 to find out if it's as good or as bad as people make out, let them.

And I'm sure you know for yourself it will only go into recovery mode if you select it to.

Pretty boring reading your same sarcastic tone every post about MD.

Is it any better than other commercial droids? Not really. Has it performed as per website? No. Can it make small % growths? Yes.

Seems you have a real bee in your bonnet about Megadroid huh, Jim?

If people want to shell $97 to find out if it's as good or as bad as people make out, let them.

And I'm sure you know for yourself it will only go into recovery mode if you select it to.

Pretty boring reading your same sarcastic tone every post about MD.

Is it any better than other commercial droids? Not really. Has it performed as per website? No. Can it make small % growths? Yes.

Hi Dubai,

Long time no see. How's things?

The strange thing is for my tests recovery mode was enabled.

As I recall you bet a few quid on the Droid yourself. I've shown you mine, so is there any chance you can show us your equity curve? Then we can see those "small % growths" for ourselves. No links allowed remember.

Jim

Hi Dubai,

Long time no see. How's things?

The strange thing is for my tests recovery mode was enabled.

As I recall you bet a few quid on the Droid yourself. I've shown you mine, so is there any chance you can show us your equity curve? Then we can see those "small % growths" for ourselves. No links allowed remember.

Jim

I have no equity curve, I put 2k towards it and after the massive loss in August, I pulled the rest out, it's certainly not an EA for me.

What annoyed me most was the false advertising regarding it will trade whenever it sees an opportunity. Pure, straight lie. It only trades late at night like other EA's.

I've moved past EA's, they do not offer a big enough advantage for me, my own strategies are going from strength to strength.

I have no equity curve, I put 2k towards it and after the massive loss in August, I pulled the rest out, it's certainly not an EA for me.

What annoyed me most was the false advertising regarding it will trade whenever it sees an opportunity. Pure, straight lie. It only trades late at night like other EA's.

I've moved past EA's, they do not offer a big enough advantage for me, my own strategies are going from strength to strength.

Well knock me down with a feather. Have I finally got my head around this or not? The Droid "Can make small % growths", but it can also make "massive losses"? It's a real shame that you don't have any documentary evidence of your losses to share with us though. It might have made a useful cautionary tale. Particularly since if all those other EAs trade much the same way as the Droid, they might make "massive losses" from time to time too?

In all the circumstances I'm very pleased to hear you don't have any of your hard earned savings tied up in expert advisors any more, and that you've moved on to pastures new. I don't suppose by any chance you could run through your "own strategies" for us could you? They sound like they'd make a much more interesting topic of conversation than the Droid and other "robots". With a bit of luck I might even be able to lay off the "sarcastic tone" for a while?

Jim

You make me lolz, Jim, you really do. You know exactly where you'll find my strategies, you simply choose not to visit there anymore.

It seems that once again you fail to appreciate my irony Dubai.

I assume you are referring to the site that charges me £19.95 a month yet whenever I choose to visit tells me:

"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Is there no end to this deluge of snake oil?

Jim

Thanks for that Swordfish,

Have I got this straight yet?

Jim

Oh boy! You finally figured it out. We thought we could scam you once (since you were stupid enough not to get your money back within 60 days), we could scam you again. Well, we failed this time. We will try again in different time, with a different product or perhaps the borker we sincerely recommend. We will be in disguise. We are determined to get you, Jim, while we are making a fortune. he! he!

It seems that once again you fail to appreciate my irony Dubai.

I assume you are referring to the site that charges me £19.95 a month yet whenever I choose to visit tells me:

"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Is there no end to this deluge of snake oil?

Jim

Why haven't you cancelled your subscription? Or do you enjoy wasting money? I have zero input as to who's banned or who stays, your issue is with Admin, not me.

Isn't it boring getting asked the same questions about the same thing every single day on your site you know reside?

Also, regarding snakes, you seem to have a very good one with you who enjoys copying all of my work and then rehashing it into a complete mess with absolutely pointless TPs and SLs.

Anyway, I digress. Hope you find your perfect EA!

@Swordfish - Looks like I have got it straight then.

@Dubai - What on earth makes you think I'm looking for the perfect EA? That is absolutely pointless, for all sorts of reasons.

Jim

Thanks to those who posted their charts. Whenever I stumble over a discussion of Forex MegaDroid, I somehow see either hysteria and hostile pathos of the naysayers or... upstreaming charts of its users. Has anyone actually ever lost with MegaDroid and can post a proof thereof here?

Thanks to those who posted their charts.

My pleasure Alex.

For your further consideration, here's an extract from my Droid's log:

22:07:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy1: Safe spread limit exceeded: spread = 69
22:07:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy1: Using DayDirection filter
22:07:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy2: Safe spread limit exceeded: spread = 69
22:07:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy2: Using DayDirection filter
22:11:28 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy1: Safe spread limit exceeded: spread = 199
22:11:28 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy1: Using DayDirection filter
22:11:28 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy2: Safe spread limit exceeded: spread = 199
22:11:28 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy2: Using DayDirection filter

Are you still wondering whether you should rush out and buy it?

Jim

My pleasure Alex.

For your further consideration, here's an extract from my Droid's log:

22:07:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy1: Safe spread limit exceeded: spread = 69
22:07:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy1: Using DayDirection filter
22:07:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy2: Safe spread limit exceeded: spread = 69
22:07:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy2: Using DayDirection filter
22:11:28 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy1: Safe spread limit exceeded: spread = 199
22:11:28 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy1: Using DayDirection filter
22:11:28 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy2: Safe spread limit exceeded: spread = 199
22:11:28 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Strategy2: Using DayDirection filter

Are you still wondering whether you should rush out and buy it?

Jim
Which broker is that? Also, I don't see any record of losses as requested, just the "spread limit exceeded" notices - whenever this happens, no trade takes place.

Which broker is that? Also, I don't see any record of losses as requested, just the "spread limit exceeded" notices - whenever this happens, no trade takes place.

See that almost vertical line at trade 17 in the equity curve I posted Alex? That's a loss. Maybe if you bothered to take a look at some of the other equity curves I have posted you might even be able to work out which broker I am using?

Let me see if I've got this straight. The Droid waits until it likes the look of the quotes emanating from the broker and then it opens a trade. Then the spread goes back up to a level that the Droid doesn't like. What happens next?

Jim