Forex MegaDroid EA

See that almost vertical line at trade 17 in the equity curve I posted Alex? That's a loss. Maybe if you bothered to take a look at some of the other equity curves I have posted you might even be able to work out which broker I am using?

Let me see if I've got this straight. The Droid waits until it likes the look of the quotes emanating from the broker and then it opens a trade. Then the spread goes back up to a level that the Droid doesn't like. What happens next?

Jim
I see that perfectly. What I meant was not an occasional loss, but an overall one. Overall, your MegaDroid account, like those of its other users, appears to be in profit. Has MegaDroid ever taken a loss for you from which it would not recover afterwards? That's exactly what my question is.

I have to agree with Alex, is the EA in profit overall or not? Straight forward question and straight forward answer.

Why don't you post your best EA, Jim, so we can compare results with MD.

I have to agree with Alex, is the EA in profit overall or not? Straight forward question and straight forward answer.

Why don't you post your best EA, Jim, so we can compare results with MD.

Nobody's answered my straight forward question yet. Maybe I'd better repeat it? The spread goes back up to a level that the Droid doesn't like. What happens next?

Why on earth would I want to post my "best EA" Dubai?

Jim

Nobody's answered my straight forward question yet. Maybe I'd better repeat it? The spread goes back up to a level that the Droid doesn't like. What happens next?

Why on earth would I want to post my "best EA" Dubai?

Jim
The verbal modeling of a situation is hardly of any use, practice is what really does it. Hence, my question as to whether your MegaDroid account is overall in profit or not. A pretty easy one to answer. :)

The verbal modeling of a situation is hardly of any use, practice is what really does it. Hence, my question as to whether your MegaDroid account is overall in profit or not. A pretty easy one to answer. :)

Quite so Alex. I answered your question a long time ago. Just to jog your memory it was here.

My questions must be a bit more difficult to answer I suppose, which no doubt explains why you haven't done so yet.

Don't you ever model situations then? It has always struck me as a very useful way of avoiding losing money on the financial markets.

Jim

Quite so Alex. I answered your question a long time ago. Just to jog your memory it was here.

My questions must be a bit more difficult to answer I suppose, which no doubt explains why you haven't done so yet.

Don't you ever model situations then? It has always struck me as a very useful way of avoiding losing money on the financial markets.

Jim
I certainly don't mind discussing the theoretical side of trading. Nonetheless, because of brokers theory and practice often turn out to be completely different things. Glad to see that MegaDroid does deliver profits to you.

I certainly don't mind discussing the theoretical side of trading. Nonetheless, because of brokers theory and practice often turn out to be completely different things.

Quite so Alex. If you recall I asked a practical question concerning real life spreads from a real live broker on here quite some time ago. You still haven't answered it. Neither has anybody else come to that.

Glad to see that MegaDroid does deliver profits to you.

Thanks a lot Alex. $89 in 5 months. 17.8%.

Today for some strange reason "Albert & John" are claiming "1,044.54% NET Profit in the last 223 days!". Do you suppose those are practical, theoretical or fictional figures?

Jim

The reason this stuff is all total horsesh*t is that just absolute results in and of themselves are totally meaningless without a measure of what risk was undertaken to gain those rewards, and under what circumstances. Which is why paying for a 'black box' type system, even if you do garner a few 'pips' from it (excuse the noob phrase here), is just retarded.

If you don't understand how it works, you have no comeback when it stops working. It's therefore not trading, it's just a form of lottery ticket. Only less fun that taking your dough down to the blackjack tables.....

The reason this stuff is all total horsesh*t is that just absolute results in and of themselves are totally meaningless without a measure of what risk was undertaken to gain those rewards, and under what circumstances. Which is why paying for a 'black box' type system, even if you do garner a few 'pips' from it (excuse the noob phrase here), is just retarded.

If you don't understand how it works, you have no comeback when it stops working. It's therefore not trading, it's just a form of lottery ticket. Only less fun that taking your dough down to the blackjack tables.....
GammaJammer, have you used Forex MegaDroid yourself? Can you post your results here?

Quite so Alex. If you recall I asked a practical question concerning real life spreads from a real live broker on here quite some time ago. You still haven't answered it. Neither has anybody else come to that.

Thanks a lot Alex. $89 in 5 months. 17.8%.

Today for some strange reason "Albert & John" are claiming "1,044.54% NET Profit in the last 223 days!". Do you suppose those are practical, theoretical or fictional figures?

Jim

I didn't see anywhere in your posts the name of the broker you are using. It really matters a lot which broker you are with. Anyway, I have just set up a forward test of Forex MegaDroid on an Alpari UK account just to get some results myself: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Muka/a-md/5346/PWCzyfrc0ejgYztQToUL

I didn't see anywhere in your posts the name of the broker you are using. It really matters a lot which broker you are with.

You must have a very short memory Alex. This was the one I was thinking of. Do you remember it now? Another thread into which you dropped a similarly gratuitous link?

As you can see, you really needn't have bothered. I've already done all the hard work for you. Even better as far as you're concerned, I risked my money instead of yours.

Jim

You must have a very short memory Alex. This was the one I was thinking of. Do you remember it now? Another thread into which you dropped a similarly gratuitous link?

As you can see, you really needn't have bothered. I've already done all the hard work for you. Even better as far as you're concerned, I risked my money instead of yours.

Jim
The robot you were referring to in that post was some "Ray the Random Robot" which I have no knowledge of. There was no mention made there about using MegaDroid with Alpari UK as well. Also, it wouldn't hurt if you were a bit more polite.

Nevertheless, I have now set up a MegaDroid forward test with Alpari UK myself. The link to its statement is posted in my previous message - we'll see how it goes.

The robot you were referring to in that post was some "Ray the Random Robot" which I have no knowledge of. There was no mention made there about using MegaDroid with Alpari UK as well.

That thread is entitled "Forex MegaDroid Hits a Losing Streak". When do you suppose your first losing streak will be on your shiny new account?

Also, it wouldn't hurt if you were a bit more polite.

Sorry if I've offended you Alex. I thought I was on my best behaviour. I suppose you don't care for my sarcastic tone either? It's probably something to do with the fact that you come on here and ask for advice. A variety of people on a variety of threads give it to you. Then you ignore them.

Nevertheless, I have now set up a MegaDroid forward test with Alpari UK myself.

Sounds as if you're a gambling man Alex, since you've now been presented with lots of evidence both theoretical and practical that putting your money on the Droid is a gamble and nothing more. Your "forward tests" do involve your money, I assume?

Jim

GammaJammer, have you used Forex MegaDroid yourself? Can you post your results here?

Not too quick on the uptake are you Alex. Why, given what I've written, do you think I would possibly have used something called 'Forex Megadroid'. And if I had, given what I wrote about both risk, AND about the foolishness of using a black box system in constantly changing market conditions in lieu of actually learning about the markets, why would anyone care what the results were?

Cut the cr@p here - do you deny you are an internet viral marketing agent for Megadroid?

That thread is entitled "Forex MegaDroid Hits a Losing Streak". When do you suppose your first losing streak will be on your shiny new account?

Sorry if I've offended you Alex. I thought I was on my best behaviour. I suppose you don't care for my sarcastic tone either? It's probably something to do with the fact that you come on here and ask for advice. A variety of people on a variety of threads give it to you. Then you ignore them.

Sounds as if you're a gambling man Alex, since you've now been presented with lots of evidence both theoretical and practical that putting your money on the Droid is a gamble and nothing more. Your "forward tests" do involve your money, I assume?

Jim

Why do you persist with it then, if it's gambling, Jim? For a man with a such a smart way with words, it's a shame your trading isn't up to par ;)

Jim
Let it be gambling if you call it so. Amidst all the controversial opinions presented, my desire to test out Forex MegaDroid myself strengthened quite a bit, so here we go.

Not too quick on the uptake are you Alex. Why, given what I've written, do you think I would possibly have used something called 'Forex Megadroid'. And if I had, given what I wrote about both risk, AND about the foolishness of using a black box system in constantly changing market conditions in lieu of actually learning about the markets, why would anyone care what the results were?

Cut the cr@p here - do you deny you are an internet viral marketing agent for Megadroid?

I run two different robots on my account. FAPTurbo and Megadroid. Provided you use the right settings, the right broker, the right VPS for latency you will be fine lol. I agree that EAs are not worth it.

I am trading profitably with MG and FAPT, but only after months of extra work - not really automated at all. Luckily I am combining my trades with a manual swing based strategy. Instead of reading this forum about MegaDroid you should be reading about waking up every morning at 7am and placing your first trade.

So Gamma I don't completely agree with you, because you are commenting on something you haven't tried.

So people like pvisser can't accuse me of things like "you are commenting on something you haven't tried"
Unlike GammaJammer, who sees "internet viral marketing agents for Megadroid" everywhere, you are definitely not commenting on something you never tried. I don't want to be doing it either - hence, my decision to give MegaDroid a try myself and judge it based on the results I will obtain.