Forex Day Trader's Thread

tempted by a cheeky cable long if it breaks this pendant, might get a bit of a bounce in the dow which could let cable move up a bit. + rate decision 2morow

I think 1.4550 will provide some support for cable, will look to be long at this level

Good thought ! Needless to short/long any pair based entirely on technicals. Watch the S&P and overall cable must fall in line !

The Market is in a bullish mode and S&P could test 950. The bearish expectation about the earning season wont be there. Alcoa has set the tone which is surprisingly neatral. JP Mogan could surprise the market with some profit and upbeat guidance. Cable must follow the market under must !!

tempted by a cheeky cable long if it breaks this pendant, might get a bit of a bounce in the dow which could let cable move up a bit. + rate decision 2morow

Rate decision must warn about inflation risk. Meaning that BOE will be in a hurry to increase int. rate. This is bullish for cable. FOMC minutes indicated current low int. rate will be here for a long time. BOE governor is not in the frame of further quantitative easing. Overall I am expecting cable to rally.

my long just got triggered, lets see what happens! not expecting much movement till the morning tho

Rate decision must warn about inflation risk. Meaning that BOE will be in a hurry to increase int. rate. This is bullish for cable. FOMC minutes indicated current low int. rate will be here for a long time. BOE governor is not in the frame of further quantitative easing. Overall I am expecting cable to rally.

if they nothing it should be bullish to

Longs are risky because tomorrow is essentially going to be like a friday and we have BANK Q1 earnings next week .. No one wants to be positioned long for those.. I personally would not want to be long anything but JPY and USD when those figures come out..

My EUR/JPY short is looking better ..

Just heard the following from my broker..

"There is talk of large Asian sovereign interest to buy the EUR/USD on dips below 1.3150"

US stocks are way up and absolutely nothing is happening in Forex.. I can't find a single pair moving anywhere..

yep i closed my gbpusd long after it just sat there after rate announcement. you would think with the stocks rallying would be a bit more risk going into the currency's

I still have my short GBP/USD open, i am waiting for it to hit 1.4550, but will cut it out if nuthing happens in the next 1hr. From 1.4550 i will be long

This price action is odd to say the least.. I just bought EUR/JPY after the selloff.. It has a habit of bouncing back later in the day.

I wonder if that 25 pip bounce was that Asian sovereign interest they were talking about.. usually sovereign positions in thin liquidity would do more than that.. Maybe they are a bit lower..

dunno i bought it on the ascending triangle thinking if there was gona be big buying it should break out..

It would be insane for Euro to break the BIG 1.311 support when US equities are way, way up..