Forex Day Trader's Thread

I hit my weekly target Monday and didn't do jack yesterday.. I'm really sick of this choppiness and crazy movement so I'm just going to wait for things to calm down..

It is very choppy out there at the moment. Feel it is the right thing to do. For daily traders with tight stop loss it is too stormy today

bought eurodollar at weekly s2 piv, double btm & short-term price rejection. Looking to switch if ws2 breaks with momentum

buying Euro 1.469 for a return to the highs..

$30,000 s/l 1.443 t/p 1.508

if spot is going to be act crazy it's the only way I can trade right now.. I'll lose $860 or make about $1200 ..

buying Euro 1.469 for a return to the highs..

$30,000 s/l 1.443 t/p 1.508

if spot is going to be act crazy it's the only way I can trade right now.. I'll lose $860 or make about $1200 ..

I like the long term view! I think the point you chose is the balance point (weekly 26ema) but I don't understand why you go long on the Euro at the moment. Greece & Spain put some weight on the Euro no?

Closed the short-term eurodollar long @ 61.8 fibb for roughly 50 pips, looking to re-enter a scaled position on the retrace

i think going long euro is perfect right now . pippy that probably means you should get out :/

Not worried about the res @ 1.4735 + 61.8 fibb?
*edit + the DPP, MPP & WmS2

Last edited:
Gold prices fell for the third day in a row on Tuesday as the U.S. dollar continued to strengthen.

February gold fell $32 to settle at $1,131.40 an ounce. Gold prices have tumbled 7% since hitting an all-time high of $1,218.30 on Thursday.

The retreat came as the U.S. dollar regained ground against rival currencies, undermining demand for gold as an alternative investment.

"The dollar is strong today, and gold has been trading against the dollar," said Joe Foster, portfolio manager for the Van Eck Global International Investors Gold Fund. He said prices could continue to decline for the next few weeks before climbing anew next year.

The dollar gained 0.9% versus the euro to trade at $1.4693, its highest in over a month. The greenback was up 0.1% against the UK pound at $1.6274.

Despite the recent weakness, gold has rallied over the last few months, hitting a series of all-time highs in November, as traders bet the U.S. dollar will remain weak for a long time.

(n)

I'm up 70 on Euro and holding .. locking in 25 pips and placing another long order at 1.465 in case this little puppy snaps back on me. There's supposed to be a TON of long orders between 1.46 and 1.465

I believe the medium term support is at 1.445

I think Mask is weeping in a closet today, or murdering animals..

londoj.bmp

Long-legged doji in gold doesn't exactly mean a rebound is on the way but it's a sure sign that the upward progress in the USD is stalling.

We're seeing a major rally in risk in Asia due to outstanding Australian employment figures.. Should translate to other markets as well.

A bit of both. Poor living habits are catching up with me and I might have to disappear for a few hours soon.

Poor living habits huh? You mean like not having a job, gambling, animal murder and insomnia?

At least tell me you're still long Euro.. This looks pretty damn good!

Well, trading's currently my job and there's elements of gambling to it. But lately i've pushed the boundaries. Sleep: it's been a flirtation of grabbing a few hours, checking any developments then sleeping till the next economic release. I don't usually dream, but i've started dreaming about price movements and when I wake up it's fairly accurate.

I am still long euro and I had a crazy idea to go for 200 pips - but i'm just going to take this as it comes. I will submit in the 1.46's and have some stops there.

I'm going to grab a few hours sleep while this stays in a tight range. Hopefully it doesn't decide to do anything funky.

elements? job? :LOL:

preaching to the choir chief.. as far as flakey ways to make a living, this is way up there.. I suppose treasure hunting is flakier, but not much.. I dream about trading when I've done it for too long in a 48 hour period. I close my eyes and can't stop thinking about it. I used to do the same with chess when I would play it for 12 hours per day in college (nerd).

go ahead lock some profits in on Euro man.. move stop up below minor breakout level and then back in at your original entry point.. You can at least get something

damn.. japanese market just went from positive to utterly tankified.. :(

Euro looking less enthusiastic