Forex Day Trader's Thread

if oil prices rise on monday, i will be looking to get in on a sell off in the USD/CAD, i mite actually consider that trade this evening, depends on if it reaches an attractive rate

HaHa Just like me...Although just the thought of staying up late to watch the market does not appeal to me.......:sleep:

I reckon we will see gains in the Eur/Usd pair on monday...Albeit small gains...

Lol don't know why never felt safe in the commodities section...But that's my opinion....

Yea I know what you mean, I do not tend to go in the oil market, I do trade gold quite frequently. I only trade oil wen it is very cheap, I tend to buy Oil ETFs (leveraged), there is no margin/variation margin and the simple fact of the matter is oil will go back above $100 a barrel one day. So i buy the ETF when oil is at $60 a barrel for example, and if it goes down to 40, I will just hold it for 10years if I have to, knowing that it will be significantly higher than it is now. The only cost is obviously the opportunity cost that my money is tied up in that investment, but still i wouldn't invest more than 15% of my investable money in any asset.

I had my parents by oil when it was $25 barrel.. I personally don't do long-term, but buying oil that cheap was an obvious move for retirees..

I had my parents by oil when it was $25 barrel.. I personally don't do long-term, but buying oil that cheap was an obvious move for retirees..

yea definitely a good long term investment. I invested a whole load of cash in Oil ETF when oil was $35. Just planning on holding that till it shoots back up above $100

Yea I know what you mean, I do not tend to go in the oil market, I do trade gold quite frequently. I only trade oil wen it is very cheap, I tend to buy Oil ETFs (leveraged), there is no margin/variation margin and the simple fact of the matter is oil will go back above $100 a barrel one day. So i buy the ETF when oil is at $60 a barrel for example, and if it goes down to 40, I will just hold it for 10years if I have to, knowing that it will be significantly higher than it is now. The only cost is obviously the opportunity cost that my money is tied up in that investment, but still i wouldn't invest more than 15% of my investable money in any asset.

Lol that sounds like a safe plan..But I thought you meant trading commodities on short-term lol sorry mate :confused:

Anyway I have been crunching away at the EU charts and....The way it's finished on friday...Looks like I'm going to have to stay up tonight lol...13,936 is right in the middle of everything...

If it is able to get a little strong start when it opens I reckon a long position, if it goes down ..No way will i trade....

There was a small change in the McClellan oscillator Friday, indicating a large 100+ move in the DJI is due most likely Mon or Tue. It could be up or down but indicator has excellent accuracy. I'm guessing up. To add to what you were saying Trip the Banks are expected to release big headline numbers and I will believe it (no doubt large truckloads of profit from Goldman etc due to "trading").
Crude is not finished down move yet likely to hit $48. I would be surprised if it moved straight there from this position so pullback in order and Dow to go up...take Eur/Dollar with it.

Stocks and crude? Who cares? Crude down, USD up sucka.. No break in the correlation at all old bean.. I've been watching it smack up chumps all week.. the Euro in particular needs oil to be high.. just watch EUR/USD for a prime example of oil fx correblahtion..

hello all hwo is ur 2day. how is ur trading going.eur is still going down.i think it wil come down at 1.3850
wt u think my dear trader