For how many hours do you trade daily?

i trade for like 2-3 hours only most days and rest i devote my time studying the charts and patterns, or backtesting. i scalp mostly, so doesn't take much of my time.

I was wondering how much time you guys devote to trading every day?
I’m not able to do it full time, the most I can give it is about an hour a day right now. Is this enough to start?
How about you?

Any hours I am free I am looking at the charts

Don't give up the day job until you are making decent profits.
1 hour at breakfast is sufficient for day trading. See how well you did when you get home again from work !!
Make SURE you have a stop loss ( say 150 points ) and a take profit ( another 150 points ).
best advice!

Used to be at screen ALL day. Small time-frame. Watching every twitch of the markets,
Then. learnt that there are key times of day when tradings good.
Then realised I don't need to get all the trades in a day. Stepped back and looked at bigger structure.

These days, when day-trading, go for a fixed pip amount between 7:30am and usually 10am.
If I don't get my pips, then look for 2pm-4pm extras.
If I am working on a contract, I will zoom to 4-hrs, and trade small-size for multi-day moves.
In which case, analyze between 7am-8am, and place orders (including SL and TP), and re-visit in evening to manage them.
(currently day-trading, until a new project drops for me.)

I’m not able to do it full time, the most I can give it is about an hour a day right now. Is this enough to start?
How about you?

I trade 10-20 min but spend 1-3 hours on studying and looking for trade entries, exits, determining position size. Trading is the last stage in this complicated process.

2-3 hours per day. Half spent on trading and the remaining half on analysis. Sometimes I don't feel like trading at all, so I would just focus on analysis and vice versa.

I trade 3-4 hours, but time for placing trades and closing them takes less than 10 minutes. I avoid spending a lot of time staring at the screen, especially when I'm in a trade. This prompts to make wrong decisions and complicates discretionary trading.

Any more than 3 and that's when I'm starting to make more mistakes than anything else.

I like swing trades so I do my analysis and just check in on my positions daily

im averaging around 6 hours a day at moment .....scalping.........could easily do more if markets are moving ......depends

i've got more time at present as in between some work contracts and consultancy gigs .....

N

I spend about 5 minutes per hour just to check how it's going.

How about you?

That's a tricky question to answer.
I trade at higher timeframes, and there, things tend to happen a lot slower.

Days could go by where I dont have a trade on. Sometimes weeks.

For the past year my trades have been geo-political.
Eg: Brexit was a big one for me, and more recently I've been buying the Yen against the USD due to this flu doing the rounds.

I dont have the time to day trade, and even if I did, I'd find something else to do and stick with swing trading. I know some of my limitations, and being sharp, and thinking fast is not part of my set of skills 😎

*I'm more of a slow, deliberate, and patient kind of trader nowadays.

*= I still make stupid mistakes however

How about you?

Yes, but be realistic.

You will not be ale to track every pair, so focus on a few key pairs and use a higher time frame.
Make use of features like alerts on trading software or apps like Call Levels to set alarms.
You certainly do not need to be sat in front of the computer all day!